• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

You have to do what you have to do but I would not just leave a scooter hoping it gets back to the right place.

It would be much cheaper them paying for s most scooter to return it early the day before you leave ( you could have the scooter person go to the park rent one from the park then someone in your group drives the scooter over to the contemporary and walk back.

Lol gap! Just read your post. Looks like we think along the same lines!

Lol gap! Just read your post. Looks like we think along the same lines!
Yes I think so too I think you said it better then I did. Your right there will be an adjustment time. I just hope everyone finds what works best for them

I think if I were in this situation, I would have my scooter picked up the day before (the day of the MVMCP) and then rent one at the park for the night of the party. Or if there is going to be one company to deliver/pick up at Bell services, rent from them (at least for the last couple days), since you need it late at night and need to turn it back in so early before your flight.

I'm sure everyone will get used to it, and figure out a way to make it work for them.
Since you need a scooter for the trip and you will not be able to drop it off ( at MNSSHP then leaving the next moring before the company could come meet you then drop it off the day before and rent one at the parks
The solution unfortunately does not work when you need the scooter at the resort and not just the parks.

You have to do what you have to do but I would not just leave a scooter hoping it gets back to the right place.

It would be much cheaper them paying for s most scooter to return it early the day before you leave ( you could have the scooter person go to the park rent one from the park then someone in your group drives the scooter over to the contemporary and walk back.
That doesn't work--in-park rentals can't be taken out of the park.

The solution unfortunately does not work when you need the scooter at the resort and not just the parks.

Well, you should be good for this trip if they are grandfathering you in because your plans were made prior to the change.

In the future, I guess you will have to factor in this situation when planning your trip. Flight times, going late to a park on your last night, who you rent the device from, etc..

Do you bring a walker or wheelchair to use after you would turn in your ecv, at the airport or when you get home? That might be something to consider - bringing a mobility aid to help around the resort.

Of the person could make it from the bus stop to the room then the in park ECV could have worked since once you drop off the ECC you can ask for a wheelchair someone could push the person to the bus stop and us it them and then if the person could walk they could them walk back to the room but they need it at the hotel too. You just posted that you were going to just leave the ECV some where at Disney whether or not Disney took owner ship of it or not and I did not want you to get a fee for most scoot is why I was trying to come up with a Breyer way is all.

Seeing a lot of chatter that Scooterbug has been named the ONLY official stroller/ECV/wheelchair provider starting Oct. 1 and they will have the ability to drop off with bell services.

Seeing a lot of chatter that Scooterbug has been named the ONLY official stroller/ECV/wheelchair provider starting Oct. 1 and they will have the ability to drop off with bell services.

That is the rumor, most likely true, though not yet confirmed by WDW.

The date seems to be in-question as to "grandfathering" reservations made with other vendors before tomorrow. The initial report (and most reports) said Oct. 1st. Someone mentioned another date. And the question of how long WDW will actually allow the grandfathered reservations to deliver via Bell Services. At least a couple of vendors appear to be encouraging far-future reservations, indicating those will be grandfathered; but I can see WDW making a hard cut-off after a few months since they have no way to monitor or control it.

We likely won't know definitively until WDW releases a statement - that has been rumored to come out tomorrow.

yes
There are a couple of posts on page 8 of this thread with the information. As far as I can see, Disney has not come out with an official announcement. It makes sense though - Scooterbug provides strollers, wheelchairs, ECVs for the parks and Disney Springs (and possibly pool chairs too).

I will edit the title of this thread to reflect the new info.

That is the rumor, most likely true, though not yet confirmed by WDW.

The date seems to be in-question as to "grandfathering" reservations made with other vendors before tomorrow. The initial report (and most reports) said Oct. 1st. Someone mentioned another date. And the question of how long WDW will actually allow the grandfathered reservations to deliver via Bell Services. At least a couple of vendors appear to be encouraging far-future reservations, indicating those will be grandfathered; but I can see WDW making a hard cut-off after a few months since they have no way to monitor or control it.

We likely won't know definitively until WDW releases a statement - that has been rumored to come out tomorrow.
Disney would eliminate a lot of angst if they would issue official pronouncements in a timely manner. I'm sure many--myself included--would not nearly have been worked up yesterday if we had known that there was going to be a company that COULD provide scooters left at bell services. While I have been a Buena Vista user for many years I would need to consider using the company that would be most convenient for me. (In the meantime, I've already made reservations for both November and January with Buena Vista).

If you truly can't walk from the bus to your room, then it sounds like you need your own personal ECV. How do you manage at home going to the store, etc?
What I do at home is irrelevant. My concern is what I need while at WDW. The walk at the resort combined with the walk from the bus stop to the park entrance would likely cause a flare up for me, and my spouse has similar issues. So not having an ECV of my own to use throughout property is not an option. Yes, in my specific case on this specific trip, I should be fine. As long as WDW honors the grandfathering that has been mentioned. But I am not the only person this will affect. Yes, scooter rental companies will try to inform their guests as much as possible, I am sure of that. But some people won’t be aware due to a variety of factors, and this will definitely cause some headaches.

If you truly can't walk from the bus to your room, then it sounds like you need your own personal ECV. How do you manage at home going to the store, etc?
It is not just a bus to room issue. It’s bus to room, room to bus stop, bus stop to park entrance. But since it looks like I will be covered with the grandfathering, my concern is more for those who aren’t aware and won’t be aware in the future, i.e., last minute trips, older people who don’t follow WDW news, etc. I definitely feel for those people. I hope Disney finds a way to accommodate them.

I am guessing the rental companies will go overboard to let people know about the change when they call to reserve a scooter for future trips. Looks like its only the 3 or 4 companies that had that ability to drop at bell services that will have their businesses affected. If it turns into a major issue for their customers, they may have to review their business practices - eg 24 hour service by appointment only, etc...

It is not just a bus to room issue. It’s bus to room, room to bus stop, bus stop to park entrance. But since it looks like I will be covered with the grandfathering, my concern is more for those who aren’t aware and won’t be aware in the future, i.e., last minute trips, older people who don’t follow WDW news, etc. I definitely feel for those people. I hope Disney finds a way to accommodate them.

It’s not Disney’s responsibility to accommodate them - it’s up to the non-featured vendors to communicate what they can and can’t do under the new policy, and then up to the guest to decide whether that will work for them or whether they need to go with the featured vendor.

Disney met their obligation by grandfathering in reservations made by 1 Oct. Moving forward, it’s on the guests and vendors, as it should be.

We rented from Scooterbug recently and the chair was in pretty shabby condition.
I would be curious to hear if others have had better luck with them.

Yeah, I looked at the scooter offerings that ScooterBug has and I’m not impressed. If you like to pull “All-Dayers” in the parks like I do, ScooterBug’s units only AT-MOST have 5-6 hours of drive time before you need to charge them. And the battery life HEAVILY DEPENDS ON the weight of the user, how far/rough you drive the scooter, AND if you have to go up/down any hills (And Disney has some REALLY BIG HILLS).

Also, if you prefer a 3-wheeler to a 4-wheeler, then your choices are EXTREMELY LIMITED. They only offer ONE 3-wheeler and it ain’t even the Vic 10’s that EVERY OTHER RENTAL COMPANY OFFERS!

I can confirm that Scooterbug is the exclusive Featured ECV/wheelchair/stroller vendor for WDW and will be the only provider going forward to be able to leave items with Bell Services.
The information on the Disney World Website has been updated at this point to reflect the new arrangement. There is also information regarding grandfathered services for reservations by today from the previous a Featured Providers.
Here’s the link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/ecv-rentals/
The Scooterbug website is also in the process of being updated; keep watching their page for new items. Just because that’s what’s on the Scooterbug website now doesn’t mean that’s all there will be.
http://scooterbugmobilityrentals.com/

Last edited:
You do understand that at some resorts your room can literally be over a mile away from the lobby/bus drop off area, right? Most people don't have to walk a mile to get from their car and into a grocery store and most grocery stores offer ECVs, so no, they would necessarily need their own.

Thanks—I checked on touring plans and that one did not show up

Room 3140 should be 2 Queens, roll-in shower, first floor, standard view.

(Sorry for the late reply - we ran away to Branson for the weekend!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter