new vacation guide arrived ..point charts

disworldnum1

DVC member BWV
I was looking at the point charts for 2009 and 2010.I noticed that the same vacation (sunday to friday ) went from 160 to 171 in 2009 and to 182 in 2010.Can the dvc keep changeing the point schedule and where does it end ? The one thing I was told when i originally bought into the dvc was that the points would never change.Is there anyone else out there feel just a little outrage over this and if so what can we do about it. I'm sure if they were filling the rooms they would'nt be offering the new incentives with over 160 dollars a nite off.I know for myself that my vacation habits will change and I will not be visiting every year like i have for the past 11 years.I was wondering if any lawyers out there could figure out any legal action to be taken. The magic has certainly sailed away with this guide book.

Um, you'll find an almost 200-page thread on this topic on this board. Yes, DVC is well within its contract rights to redistribute the points within any single resort's chart. This adjustment was to provide a little more balance between the points required for weekends and weekdays. Some weeks in some seasons for some size accommodations were impacted more than others.

This will probably be closed - discussion is limited to the thread on the topic I mentioned.

As Tara said, this will be closed since you can discuss the points changes on another thread.

But, if you read over your DVC paperwork carefully (I just bought so I know that it is in mine), it states that reallocation can occur at a resort , as long as the total for the entire resort does not change--so what they did is well within the terms of our contracts.

The points did not change from 2008 to 2009, so if you're saying they went from 160 to 172, is it possible there was a season change that caused the difference?

What resort, room, and dates were you actually comparing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter