New TV shows

trip

family trip planner
Now that the new TV season is underway, what new show do you think will be the first one to be cancelled?

I haven't seen too many of them yet but The Mysteries of Laura was just bad, bad, bad.

I haven't seen too many of them yet but The Mysteries of Laura was just bad, bad, bad.

Could not agree more. Too bad because I love her - but just can't watch it.

I like "How to get away with murder" but find it a bit confusing. Trying to keep up but find myself thinking "wait...who was killed and burned in the woods". Hopefully that one lasts but not sure most people will stick with it.

this. And Bad Judge. Didn't like the other new one, where the guy keeps dying and coming back to life either

I haven't seen either of these. They were panned by several critics before they aired so I didn't waste my time.

Has Red Band Society been cancelled yet? I lasted 15 minutes of the first episode. Awful, just awful.

So far I agree with the 3 above. Mysteries of Laura was awful, Bad Judge was just plain 'bad', Red Band Society was just ok for me, but is off my viewing list. I tried How To Get Away With Murder, just couldn't get into it at all.

One that surprised me was Scorpion, didn't think I'd like it, but we did!

Also liked A to Z quite a bit, has potential to be a cute show

Sadly, just because a show is bad doesn't mean it will be cancelled. The Mysteries of Laura is getting pretty good ratings - so it will probably be around a while.

All the good shows are on HBO, Showtime, or Netflix unfortunately.
You have to pay for good TV. :headache:

All the good shows are on HBO, Showtime, or Netflix unfortunately.
You have to pay for good TV. :headache:
That's a matter of taste. I like some of the shows on FX for example. I'm excited to start a new season of American Horror Story tonight! :woohoo:

Mulaney
Red Band Society
Bad Judge
Manhattan Love Story
A to Z
The Mysteries of Laura
Selfie (unfortunately)

Gracepoint's rating wasn't very good, but there were only 10 episodes, they are already filmed, and FOX doesn't have anything to go its place, so it won't be canceled.

And if it is, just watch Broadchurch. It's literally the same show.

Red Band Society?

Couldn't make it past the first half hour.
Maybe it appeals to a different age group?

Gracepoint's rating wasn't very good, but there were only 10 episodes, they are already filmed, and FOX doesn't have anything to go its place, so it won't be canceled.

And if it is, just watch Broadchurch. It's literally the same show.

We missed Broadchurch, but will try to watch it in time with Gracepoint (to avoid spoilers)...I didn't like Tennant's "american" accent, he does a great british accent, but not so good american one...he should have just stuck with his natural scottish voice...and maybe it was because of all the twiiter hints and the news on Monday, but this show so far is just looking like Twin Peaks without the charm.

Red Band Society?

Couldn't make it past the first half hour.
Maybe it appeals to a different age group?

I'm 35. I enjoy it except for the cheerleader.

Haven't seen any of the new shows except for Blackish--and I don't think it will be canceled. It's really pretty funny!!

We like Madam Secretary but were hoping for it to be a little more "West Wing'ish". Maybe it will develop in that direction. I'm also sorry that Red Band Society isn't better - I love good medical drama and still miss House, or heck, even ER for that matter.

As for the sit-coms, I gave up on those a long time ago; haven't (and won't) watch any of the new ones. I agree with the PP that mentioned FX - The Americans and Tyrant are two of our very favourites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter