New TV show How To Get away With Murder

Nora03

DIS Veteran
Is anyone watching this new show? We've watched two episodes and don't know what is going on. They keep flashing forward or back - not sure which. I think we're done with it. Anyone else?

I just told my boss last week it reminded me of the Goonies.

Ill watch one more time and then Im done. Its so silly.

Is anyone watching this new show? We've watched two episodes and don't know what is going on. They keep flashing forward or back - not sure which. I think we're done with it. Anyone else?

I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the show, I am still trying to figure out last weeks show and recorded it and have watched it 3 times and I still can't figure it out.

I really want to like this show but I am also having a hard time trying to understand it. I though it was just me not able to focus on it after putting kid to sleep cleaning up then trying to stay up for the entire hour or watching on demand the next day when I can squeeze it in. I agree that the flashbacks/forwards have to go, I don't even know what real time is in that show. Its sad too, because I really think it has a good premise.

I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the show, I am still trying to figure out last weeks show and recorded it and have watched it 3 times and I still can't figure it out.

What in particular are you having a hard time with? It's definitely a show that you have to watch intently (can't just have it on while eating dinner etc.) but I'm really liking it so far.

I watched the first episode and found the flashback/ forward confusing as well. Also since it is a big cast, I couldn't get everyone straight but since it was the pilot that is bound to happen.

I meant to watch the second episode but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I watched the first episode and found the flashback/ forward confusing as well. Also since it is a big cast, I couldn't get everyone straight but since it was the pilot that is bound to happen.

I meant to watch the second episode but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I could have written this myself. Looks like something I will like once I figure it all out.

I may be totally wrong ,but my take on it is the students murder the husband of the professor/lawyer.Then they burn the body and clean the evidence-trophy. The show is to show us how they get to that ..The show also has at least one trial each week.I think it is confusing as well.

I have to admit I'm totally sucked in. We know these kids kill the husband at some point and they are flashing back to fill you in on the events leading up to it.

My wife introduced me to the show and I'm really enjoying it, despite the fact that it's not the kind of show I normally watch.

The flash forwards were confusing in the first episode, as I thought they were flashing back and couldn't figure out how this group of supposed new students all knew each other before the first day of class, but once I realized the ultimate act, to which they keep flashing forward, is drawing upon what they learn each week in class, it has clicked with me.

I may be totally wrong ,but my take on it is the students murder the husband of the professor/lawyer.Then they burn the body and clean the evidence-trophy. The show is to show us how they get to that ..The show also has at least one trial each week.I think it is confusing as well.

I have to admit I'm totally sucked in. We know these kids kill the husband at some point and they are flashing back to fill you in on the events leading up to it.

I don't think the students did it. At least not all of them, unless it was an accident.

I don't think the students did it either. I think the girlfriend (lives next door to the good looking guy) did it. He meets her in the room of the hotel....

I don't know for sure either, but because the Professor is so good teaching how to defend this and that, they are going to have to defend whoever, is "getting away with murder".

I like the show. You DO have to follow intently. You can't be doing other things while it is on or you miss things.

I'm watching but I have a problem with Viola Davis's character crossing her arms. The way she carries them makes the character look insecure and I know that's not what the producers are going for. Someone she tell her to stop!

It's the little things that bug me.

My husband keeps asking me what the flash forwards are about.

I don't think the students did it either. I think the girlfriend (lives next door to the good looking guy) did it. He meets her in the room of the hotel....

I don't know for sure either, but because the Professor is so good teaching how to defend this and that, they are going to have to defend whoever, is "getting away with murder".

I like the show. You DO have to follow intently. You can't be doing other things while it is on or you miss things.

Is that who he was hugging in the hotel room. For the life of me I couldn't tell who that was maybe because her hair was always back.

I get it flash backs now but the first show I was like what the heck is going on. Then I thought how odd it was for her to have her students figure how to win her case, thought she was the smart one...:confused3 Then don't get me started on the two others that work for her...they confuse me too. I'm guessing it was the blonde killed the husband but just a guess. She's an odd duck.

If I'm following the show correctly, professor Viola Davis' husband (also a prof) killed a sorority chick and hid the body in a water tower. He has a history of affairs with other students. The previews for next week's episode gave me the impression the students killed Viola's husband because he messed with one of their group so they killed him to defend her.

The next-door neighbor is involved with something or she wouldn't have hid the cell phone in the black student's bathroom.

I really don't like all the jumping around in sequence either, but I want to see what happens, and will give it one more try. Wish they'd leave out the gratuitous gay sex scenes. (Yeah, I know several t.v. series have started including it.) DH gave up on the show after the first night, because the courtroom proceedings are too inaccurate for his legal mind.

I agree with all of you. I like the show - think it has a good foundation but the flashback/flashforwards confuse me. I just worry that most people will give up on it and not stick with it to figure it all out.

The scene where the black kid went to the hotel and saw the girl was confusing. Was that forward...or back? There was the one scene where the neighbor had the boy over (the boyfriend of the girl that was murdered). So maybe she was the one that killed her.

My head hurts thinking about it.

I gotta mark my spot on this thread. I love the show but it is definitely one you have to pay attention to!

The hopping back and forth is very confusing for me too.

At first, I thought maybe the professor was the "bad guy" and she somehow convinced the kids in class that to pass the class they had to literally "get away with murder" with her being their attorney.
And SHE chose who they killed, and how, so she knew how to get them off...or something weird like that. :rotfl2:

Now I'm just hooked on the show, and have to keep watching to find out who all is killing and why.

If this many people are having trouble with it, the show may not be around for long.

It sounds poorly written and executed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter