New Trip Announcement

I loved how they excluded DCL silver castaway members and lumped them with general booking sales. When DCL gave ABD guests a day in advance of bookings before silver castaway got to book on the new Wish sailings.

This is another way for ABD to hold people's money by making them book in advance and probably not guarantee refunds. They really need to change the rules of getting your deposit back. Since there's so much uncertainty with international travel you really can't just pay a deposit and only have like 10 days to think about it if you want a fully refunded deposit back.

I was looking forward to this announcement...alas we live in NH so this one isn't for us. It does sound like a great itinerary and I would encourage anyone interested to go during the fall!
They have 3 fall (Adult Exclusive) dates:

Sep 24, 2022 - Oct 1, 2022
Oct 3, 2022 - Oct 10, 2022
Oct 15, 2022 - Oct 22, 2022

If someone were interested, which would you recommend? How would the area be in May?

Sayhello

Yeah, this itinerary is disappointing imo. I was hoping for something less outdoorsy. But I guess it makes sense. Would probably be lovely for fall foliage, but I can't travel in fall usually.

If someone were interested, which would you recommend? How would the area be in May?

Sayhello
May will be iffy. Could be beautiful, could be very cold (and if you have springtime allergies, you will suffer). I would recommend avoiding the last October trip if you want to see foliage (Maine will likely be better than NH and VT). The September date is probably your best bet.

Sayhello

I checked my phone to see when I took some foliage photos last year, it was around Sept. 27 and the leaves were starting to turn. I think the first two sets of dates would be best. May is nice if you want to add on some days to enjoy the beaches and fresh seafood. I am partial to fall here because I love apple cider and cider donuts :-) Hope that helps!

I checked my phone to see when I took some foliage photos last year, it was around Sept. 27 and the leaves were starting to turn. I think the first two sets of dates would be best. May is nice if you want to add on some days to enjoy the beaches and fresh seafood. I am partial to fall here because I love apple cider and cider donuts :-) Hope that helps!
Thanks! That does help.
May will be iffy. Could be beautiful, could be very cold (and if you have springtime allergies, you will suffer). I would recommend avoiding the last October trip if you want to see foliage (Maine will likely be better than NH and VT). The September date is probably your best bet.
Thanks!

Sayhello

I was looking forward to this announcement...alas we live in NH so this one isn't for us. It does sound like a great itinerary and I would encourage anyone interested to go during the fall!
Second this suggestion. I lived in MA for ~65 years before retiring and moving to FL. This does sound like a fun time, just not for us.

Yeah, this itinerary is disappointing imo. I was hoping for something less outdoorsy. But I guess it makes sense. Would probably be lovely for fall foliage, but I can't travel in fall usually.

I'm glad we're booked up for 2022 already or I might've been tempted even though I'm still cranky at ABD... we tend to travel in the fall (our anniversary is in early Oct) and this is on our bucket list. I look forward to living vicariously through some of you if (when?) you write your trip reports! :)

Sayhello

My suggestion would be the Oct 3 to 10 dates. We did an Insight New England tour 10-7 to 10-14-17 and vast majority of the tress were in full fall splendor. We also stayed at the Trapp Family Lodge. If you have any questions, I would be happy to share what information I can.

We booked New England for the 7/25 departure. I was pretty excited about the itinerary as I had been mulling a trip to the same area. So much easier for ABD to plan it for me! Anyone else booking today?

We have gone to Stowe, VT for 20 straight years now. Anywhere from a couple of days to a week, and always stay at the Trapp Family Lodge. Take some time to walk around the lodge and check out the photos of the Von Trapp family as they settled in Stowe and built up the mountain. Also, if you get a chance there are miles and miles of hiking trails on the property. Hike to the Chapel in the mountains. It is only a 20-30 minute hike and ends up at a very small, hand built chapel in the mountains.

We booked New England for the 7/25 departure. I was pretty excited about the itinerary as I had been mulling a trip to the same area. So much easier for ABD to plan it for me! Anyone else booking today?
I booked October 3-10
I booked September 24 - October 1.
We have gone to Stowe, VT for 20 straight years now. Anywhere from a couple of days to a week, and always stay at the Trapp Family Lodge. Take some time to walk around the lodge and check out the photos of the Von Trapp family as they settled in Stowe and built up the mountain. Also, if you get a chance there are miles and miles of hiking trails on the property. Hike to the Chapel in the mountains. It is only a 20-30 minute hike and ends up at a very small, hand built chapel in the mountains.
Oooo, thanks! Sounds great!

Sayhello

I booked September 24 - October 1.
I see the last three Adult Only departures are now flagged as Fall Foilage on AbD site & don’t show the Early Booking offer. Did you get that offer or is it not available for those three tours!

I see the last three Adult Only departures are now flagged as Fall Foilage on AbD site & don’t show the Early Booking offer. Did you get that offer or is it not available for those three tours!
That's how they've been listed since they were added. So no, I did not get an Early Booking discount, as it was not offered for those 3 departures. I'm assuming they don't feel they'll have any issues filling them.

Sayhello

That's how they've been listed since they were added. So no, I did not get an Early Booking discount, as it was not offered for those 3 departures. I'm assuming they don't feel they'll have any issues filling them.

Sayhello
Thanks - I hadn’t noticed if it was there before today or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter