New to this...which would you cancel?

BTW, I checked and Garden Grove does have a late p.m. reservation, so we could go with that instead, but in the short description it only says "Buffet/Family Style" and omits "Character Dining," which the other ones like Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, etc. have. Not sure why - I think because characters are not at every meal (?)

I would drop Sanaa simply because it takes a lot of time and effort to get to the AKL. Chief Mickey may not have the best food but as long as your child will not be afraid of the characters, it is a perfect way to start a fun trip and it frees up FP you might need to use to see some of these Characters. Food is ok. 1900 food is far better then CM but the characters are much less likely to impress a two year old. We like Skipper Canteen. It's different but has good food . It's a once and done for us. We got none of the corny jokes that have been reported there.

I think your choices are good, but I would actually switch Chef Mickey to breakfast on your last day (fun way to end, with the fab five) and arrival dinner to 1900 Park. The characters at 1900 dinner (Cinderella, Prince, step-sisters) are hilarious and can be so much fun with men/little men at the table!

BTW, I checked and Garden Grove does have a late p.m. reservation, so we could go with that instead, but in the short description it only says "Buffet/Family Style" and omits "Character Dining," which the other ones like Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, etc. have. Not sure why - I think because characters are not at every meal (?)
Not sure about now, but I think Garden Grove used to have characters just twice a week. I do like the morning characters and food at 1900 Park Fare.

I think your choices are good, but I would actually switch Chef Mickey to breakfast on your last day (fun way to end, with the fab five) and arrival dinner to 1900 Park. The characters at 1900 dinner (Cinderella, Prince, step-sisters) are hilarious and can be so much fun with men/little men at the table!

I wanted to do this but Chef Mickey's only has early times available -- like 7 something, no thanks. Perhaps if one opens up I'll do this. Thanks.

I would keep Chef Mickey's for the 2.5 year old. That's the age my youngest son was on our last trip and he just had an absolute blast. Food isn't the greatest, it's more about the characters. I don't think we'll do it again right away, but it's cute at that age. Be prepared to wait a little while because they're usually running behind.

I would replace Chef Mickey's with Garden Grill. WAY better food, and Mickey is there with Pluto and the Chipmunks. If you really have to do Chef Mickey's I would do breakfast. The dinner we had there was not good at all (for the adults, the kids were just fine).

Why cancel any of them? It's a nice selection of characters and good food...seems to hit all the in-law, parent and child needs. I guess, I'd drop the 1900 Park Faire...but not because it's not good, it's actually terrific, but because getting everyone up and out for breakfast might be more difficult. Just surmising! Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter