• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to RCL

Boardwalk Family

Earning My Ears
Cruised on DCL quite a bit. Trying RCL. Having a problem understanding their stateroom classification system. Can anyone point me to what the levels mean C, D and E.

Also, any travel agencies out there that offer good deals on onboard credits like some of the Disney TA's do?

Thanks.

D and E are oceanview balcony cabins. there is a slight size difference between D and E, but honestly, it's hardly noticeable - i think maybe D has a slightly larger room and E has a slightly larger balcony (this may also depend on ship class). Ds are usually more expensive than Es, and the lower numbers are also more expensive, so a D1 is pricier than a D8, and both are generally pricier than an E, due to location or special features such as larger balconies. that said, some classes of ships have E balconies on the "hump" - the bumpout on the side of most newer royal ships - which is generally a good location and gives you a good view.

I'm not sure what C is. if you're looking at oasis class (oasis, allure and harmony) that may be a central-park view balcony, which looks over the park running down the center of the ship rather than looking over the ocean.

we're not supposed to recommend travel agents (and i don't use one so don't know about them, anyway) but the agency that runs this website books royal as well as disney.

Cruised on DCL quite a bit. Trying RCL. Having a problem understanding their stateroom classification system. Can anyone point me to what the levels mean C, D and E.

Also, any travel agencies out there that offer good deals on onboard credits like some of the Disney TA's do?

Thanks.
What ship are you looking at? B and C category are on Oasis class ships, and are "inward" balconies. C overlooks Central Park, and B overlooks the Boardwalk. D1 and D2 have oversized balconies, and D3-8 are all the same size, but the lower the number the better the location. E's are slightly smaller than D's, and their locations are generally not as good as D's (mostly because of which deck they're on, not necessarily where they are on a particular deck). Same scheme as with D's; the lower the number, the better the location.

It is ok to recommend travel agents, you just need to use the entire url when listing them to make sure the clear the filter. http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dcruise/#royal if it does not clear the filter you will see ******************** and you are not to modify how you list it to defeat the filters.

For cruises it really doesn't make sense not to book with a TA, their deals will be the same or better then RCL and usually the OBC is better.

I tried booking with dreams and called 2 hours before their closing phone hours, it said the wait was long and to leave a message. They didn't get back to me until the next morning. By then I had already booked online through Costco. It may not seem like a lot of time but when I have questions I want them answered immediately. Costco's deal was slightly better anyways. I traded the one on one relationship with a TA for immediate service at all times.

So it really depends on what kind of job you want your TA to do. Costco is not going to call and let me know when the fair drops like a regular TA usually does, that doesn't bother me because I'm enough of a control freak that I'm going to be checking anyways. In fact I've already called when it dropped $100 and they also managed to get me my MTD switched to 6pm dining after it was closed the month before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter