New to Fort and Newbie RV Owner!

Mason7AK

Mouseketeer
Hi all, Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I have been on DIS for a while, but never the camping forum. We just bought our first (used) Motorhome and are taking a trip to the Fort in June! We are so excited. I have enjoyed reading all the great info on here! We will be arriving at Fort Wilderness on June 3rd! Hoping we can back our RV in those premium sites easily:rolleyes1 If not, guess you can all laugh at us newbies!!!
Angela and crew

Welcome to the happiest group of campers around. Just can't do better than a FW stay. Many years of enjoyment are ahead for your family.

Welcome friend! You and your family will love staying at the Fort and RVing!!! Congrats!!!! Have a magical trip!!!

We brought our RV to Ft. Wilderness for our first trip! The Premium sites can sometimes get tough, but the great thing about the Fort is that I have never found anyone to be impatient when backing in and I have often helped my fellow camper when they needed an extra set of eyes.

Just go slow and have fun at the Fort!

Welcome to the camping board. Congrats on the MH. You're gonna love Ft Wilderness. Let the countdown begin. :thumbsup2

Take the MH to a vacant parking lot and set up some milk cartons or the like 10 to 15 feet apart and practice backing in. The premium site are pretty wide and all concrete, so you shouldn't have much of a problem. Welcome to the world of RVing.

We've stayed at a number of different Disney resorts over the last 30 plus years. Hands down, Ft Wilderness is our favorite. The only reason we might stay elsewhere is if we decide, at the last minute, we need a Disney fix but don't have the time to drive down.

Once you've stayed at the Fort, you'll not be wanting to go back to a motel room; even a Disney themed one.

congrats and their is no place like the fort. bring walkie talkies give one to your backer and one to you in the cab. i have my wife warn me if i am gonna hit something and that is it. then i just back up. but if she says i am gonna hit something in 4 feet i have her count it down on the walkie talkie. 3foot, 2 foot, 1 foot stop. most of the time you can correct the swing before you hit anything

Take the MH to a vacant parking lot and set up some milk cartons or the like 10 to 15 feet apart and practice backing in. \.

best advice you can get, milk crates dont damage ur RV, trees, power post, water faucets, do!

go PRACTICE!! take your time and have some extra eyes!! when you go camping

Hi Angela. Welcome to the Board and congrats on your motorhome! I also just got my first motorhome. We are taking our first big trip to the Fort, arriving on June, 4th. Happy camping!

I concur, go practice with some markers. Learn to use the mirrors and camera. If someone is going to help you, remind them they have to stay within mirror or camera view for you to see hand signals. If your camera does not have audio out back, then a pair of FRS can really be of use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter