New to camping, just reserved preferred

BuzzandWoody

Driving with my Doom Buggy
At first I booked full, great rate for DC for 342.74 for 7 nights

I was going to post question here on whether we should go preferred.

Well I called to see what that would cost. Only $39 more for the week.

$381.66 for 7 nights. That's 54 a night

When I called this morning I was looking at the week of 4/14, luckily the gal I spoke with mentioned that there is a good discount that starts on the 21st. Dates are now starting the 21st.

I will be reading these boards as well as many other sources alot in the next few weeks.

We have 2 dd's 3 & 5. When the cm asked what size tent we'll have, I said I don't know, we don't have one yet. She laughed!
This is our 1st family camping trip.
We do have a small tent and some gear, but will need to get a larger on for this.

Des

You will have a wonderful time! We've been tent camping at FW since our son was 5 (he's 18 now!). We've always used a dome tent for DH and me, and our son always had his own little dome tent that we would pitch right next to ours. As he got older, his tent got farther and farther away from ours! ;)

I also recommend bringing a screen tent. We pitch ours over the picnic table - it's great for keeping out the rain, bugs and curious ducks, and those big white birds that love to sneak in and steal food off the table!

We prefer loop 1500 - it's close to the Meadow's Recreation Area (trading post, fishing pond, bike barn, pool, etc) and it's only about a 8-10 minute walk down to the Pioneer Hall/Marina/Main Bus Stop area. (Or you can hop a bus and be down there in about 2 minutes).

I'm sure you will have a great time!!! :D :D :D

I second the screen room! It is also a great place to park riding toys, strollers, coolers, etc. out of the weather.

Now I'm even more excited. Called CRO not Disney Club got a rate of 348.00 preferred for the 7 nights.

Now I just hope after we buy a tent and some gear it doesn't equal what the Contemorary would've been. :D

To tell you the truth I've got butterflies in my tummy right now. Nervous if we can pull it off.
Just imaging putting up a tent with my 2 dd's running around, mom & dad yelling stop that or else. Just like home I guess!

Looking forward to it, but nervous:confused:

Preferred sites have water, electric, sewer & cable. They are also in the back of the campground close to Pioneer Hall and the marina. You might want to request 100 or 200 loop. When you get your tent call CRO again and let them know the tent size so they can give you a pad close to the size. You also might want to buy a plastic drop cloth that you can put under the tent to prevent some of the moisture from coming through.

and don't worry about the kids running around & being loud - it's their vacation too!! (As long as they stay out of other people's sites - there's lots of room to run around) Fort Wilderness is very casual and fun! :D :D

Will you only have a tent? If so you can save money by camping in the partial hookup sites. They have water and electric but no sewer and cable. The 1500 loop is great and close to the meadows trading post and pool. We tent camped here last August and really liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter