New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sure did, along with parking and magic bands. I knew people who insisted AP's weren't going up were wrong. Haven't they been paying attention to the Disney of late?

Parking at the parks, resorts, or both went up? I thought parking was already comically high! For MBs, you mean to buy them from the disney store or shop disney parks app, specialty ones, or what? This is the first mention I've heard of other increases overnight. I guess they had to keep up with the food increases from just a couple of weeks ago :sad2:!

Looks like my May 2019 trip for 3 adults and 1 child (7 day PH) went up about 45 dollars total for the 4 of us. Not a huge amount but not insignificant either. I ended up buying from UT last night and saved $170 from yesterdays prices and $215 from todays prices!

They sure did, along with parking and magic bands. I knew people who insisted AP's weren't going up were wrong. Haven't they been paying attention to the Disney of late?
Where are you seeing the increase in parking fees? Disney website still shows this, I think that's the same as before?

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

What do you mean about parking and Magicbands?

Ugh... I bought UT tickets for my trip with intention of upgrading to AP so I couldn't buy an AP before the change now the prices are up

Ok I am going to reply to myself here.

My UT price:
4-Day Park Hopper® - with Extra Day (E-Ticket) - ADULT ($458.33)
This E-Ticket is non-refundable.
2 $916.66
4-Day Park Hopper® - with Extra Day (E-Ticket) - CHILD ($445.71)
This E-Ticket is non-refundable.
3 $1,337.13
Total $2,253.79

Current Disney Prices:

5-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option
Valid any 5 days from Sat, Nov 17, 2018 – Sat, Nov 24, 2018.
2 x Ages 10+ (526.5 USD$526.50/ticket)
3 x Ages 3-9 (509 USD$509.00/ticket)
2580 USD$2,580.00
Tax 167.73
Total $2,747.73USD

Total Savings $494
for my entire family! Now the question is how will these tickets apply to AP if I do upgrade in the park.

Also, my entire trip to Florida is Nov 16-26 but we are driving to Ft. Myers in the middle of the trip for Thanksgiving.
I was planning on another stop in the parks on Sun Nov 25 which I couldn't do using the new system because of how the tickets expire.

Parking at the parks, resorts, or both went up? I thought parking was already comically high! For MBs, you mean to buy them from the disney store or shop disney parks app, specialty ones, or what? This is the first mention I've heard of other increases overnight. I guess they had to keep up with the food increases from just a couple of weeks ago :sad2:!

Where are you seeing the increase in parking fees? Disney website still shows this, I think that's the same as before?

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

What do you mean about parking and Magicbands?
I was thinking the same thing so I did some research and I believe on the parking part he is talking about the Parks parking - looks like it is now $25/$50 for reg/preferred, I believe it was $22/$45.

And looks like the Magic Bands went from $12.99/$22.99? to $14.99/$24.99

For those that stay on site neither of that really matters as you get MB's with your stay and resort parking prices haven't increased if you bring a car.

Does anyone know the new platinum pass renewal rate? I'm too far out for it to show me the prices online.

Okay, ticket prices were up for me. My tickets were $1 more per day

I happened to have a 10 day park hopper lingering in my cart and the price went from $520 plus tax to $515 plus tax.....

Before the price change for three people with PH my total was 1,565.55 This morning it is 1557.36.

Looks like my February dates are a few dollars less than they were, but my pre emptive move last month buying from UT with the 4 day plus 2 free still works out in my favor fortunately. It looks like if my trip was a week and a half later, the difference would be larger. Site surprisingly easy to use.

Bummer that AP prices went up. I suspect they’ll go up again in February, as they have last few years, so increase will be quite substantial for anyone purchasing next year (like me)!

Looks like tickets for our February trip are lower ($97) per day. There are some e-tickets left on UT, which still offer a savings. But I’m wondering if savings will be greater once they convert to new ticket system, since Disney tickets are now lower. I may upgrade them to annual passes in February. Not sure what to do!
No one to know of course but I think this is the AP price increase. Previously they did them in Feb, different from regular tickets. So this time they did them all at once instead. No reason to assume they'll raise them twice.

About prices, clearly those who had the prices were right, some did go down. I hope those who were insisting prices would never be lower are paying attention. Maybe always thinking the worse of Disney's choices isn't always right. They are greedy, being a for-profit company and all that (name another who isn't) but they aren't the devil.

I believe if you check back on the AP posts it wasn't that they were not going to go up, just a mention that they may or may not change, to be ready either way. The person who worked at ticketing did insist the types weren't changing, and they didn't.

I pulled the trigger on my DD’s and her BF’s passes from UT. If they don’t use them we’ve given Disney the use of $900 for the next year and we’ll use them December 2019.

I wonder what wil happen to UT and Parksavers after this ...
Resellers already knew all the particulars about the price changes, they just couldn't talk about them. They have already confirmed that nothing will happen to them, they'll still sell tickets at a discount.

Is anyone able to price out packages yet? I keep getting the “try back later” message.
Same here

I was thinking the same thing so I did some research and I believe on the parking part he is talking about the Parks parking - looks like it is now $25/$50 for reg/preferred, I believe it was $22/$45. And looks like the Magic Bands went from $12.95/$22.95? to $14.95/$24.95.

Thanks for doing the legwork! I guess I could have just looked myself - although I didn't know what the prices had been so finding out what the increase was might have been difficult!

Same here. I'm trying to modify my existing package to see what the price difference is but I just get this message:
  • New Enhancements Are Coming Soon. The website is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. We're making enhancements and will soon introduce a new ticket-purchasing experience. Please check back later today.
I did get the new price and details in my cart, but it won’t let me add another cart or check out.

I bought my single park tickets for easter week for a family of 5 (kids all over 10 so adult tickets) for 2023.50. This morning my tickets would have cost 2369.65. thats an increase of $346.15. I did calculate fliexible date option because my 4th day is after a 4 day cruise so it was either that or purchase another 1 day ticket.

Serving myself a big ole piece of humble pie for breakfast! What I thought could never happen, did! Prices for some 1 day tickets went down rather than up!

Yesterday's prices:
upload_2018-10-16_9-14-24.png

Today's prices for basic tickets on the lowest priced day I can find:
upload_2018-10-16_9-15-39.png

This is one time I'm happy to be eating humble pie!!! :D

Okay, well I am glad I bought last night. Paid 521 on Working Advantage, and my June 21 for 10 day ticket for my 3 year old would have been 597 on site. Looks like Christmas week is the most at 622. And Jan 21st the cheapest at 551. I still do not think this will sway anyone to visit differently.

The proper comparison is to compare a ticket you could have bought yesterday to that same ticket today PLUS the Flexible Date option. That's apples to apples, that's the same product.

Anyway, based on that I saved $185 dollars by buying next year's tickets yesterday.

So that's good I guess? Sigh

I just want to say thanks for this thread. We were considering purchasing weekday select passes, and based on comments here purchased last night unstead of waiting until closer to when we will actually go. Price increase: $30 each. Just saved $120 by purchasing yesterday instead of today--thanks!

Okay, well I am glad I bought last night. Paid 521 on Working Advantage, and my June 21 for 10 day ticket for my 3 year old would have been 597 on site. Looks like Christmas week is the most at 622. And Jan 21st the cheapest at 551. I still do not think this will sway anyone to visit differently.
Not a single one? Those with total flexibility will use price to consider the trip dates, especially since it points out, click here to see what the cheapest dates are. If you don't have a set date, of course, you'll click that. Now, do many have complete flexibility on dates? Or do most have a time frame they are limited to? I think most have a limited time frame. But some don't. So someone will be swayed by the cheaper options. Since rooms are cheaper those dates too.

Noticed they do say this, so that eliminates the worries of those who thought they'd remove value for expired tickets

After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

Really glad to have purchased the Gold APs before the change. I had a hunch that they were going to include price increases across the board with these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter