New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
My December trip 3 day tickets went from 309.99 (UT) to $356.84, increase of over $46. Dates are 12/20-12/24 with the starting price of $112. TicketsatWork price is $312.16.

Did not go too bad IMO. Looking at days in October next year and $420+tax for a 6 day (9 calendar days to use) isn’t terrible.

It looks like AP renewal prices went up too. Our platinum pass renewal is $52 more today than yesterday. We had already decided to not renew.

Good to know (as I am scratching away at these $50 and $25 cards .. heh). I thought I had looked at target.com and couldn't find anything but $100 ones. I must have saw physical ones, not digital ones.
I didn't see it at fist either. It's the last listing under "Disney Gift Cards." I had to scroll through all of the Disneyland tickets to find it.

It looks like AP renewal prices went up too. Our platinum pass renewal is $52 more today than yesterday. We had already decided to not renew.

I bought a new dvc gold pass yesterday priced at $589 plus tax. Today it’s $609 plus tax. Renewal is up too, but slightly.

Does your purchase price include any AAA discount? Just want to be sure it's an apples to apples comparison. I know I got $30 off my AP renewal for being an AAA member. Not much, but every little bit helps.

Yes but the old Disney prices were less than the $443 they are now. I believe the old price was $420.

Bummer that AP prices went up. I suspect they’ll go up again in February, as they have last few years, so increase will be quite substantial for anyone purchasing next year (like me)!

Looks like tickets for our February trip are lower ($97) per day. There are some e-tickets left on UT, which still offer a savings. But I’m wondering if savings will be greater once they convert to new ticket system, since Disney tickets are now lower. I may upgrade them to annual passes in February. Not sure what to do!

Is anyone able to price out packages yet? I keep getting the “try back later” message.
Same here. I'm trying to modify my existing package to see what the price difference is but I just get this message:
  • New Enhancements Are Coming Soon. The website is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. We're making enhancements and will soon introduce a new ticket-purchasing experience. Please check back later today.

Looks like my February dates are a few dollars less than they were, but my pre emptive move last month buying from UT with the 4 day plus 2 free still works out in my favor fortunately. It looks like if my trip was a week and a half later, the difference would be larger. Site surprisingly easy to use.

OK, apples to oranges to apples comparison:
8 Day PH from UT $485 (was $554 at Disney) is now $584 for a 12/16/18 start date. So a $30 increase through Disney but a $100 savings if UT no longer offers the current discounts. I'll take it.

We were planning on upgrading two 9 day PH passes to APs this weekend. We called Disney and upgraded last week for fear of price increases and I’m so glad we did! Saved us almost $100! The person on the phone said that she hadn’t heard of any AP increases but helped me anyways! Thankful for the folks on here bc I probably wouldn’t have upgraded early!!

Well last night I decided to pull the trigger on new APs and I am glad I did! Wow I can't decide if I am surprised by the increase or not.

Ugh... I bought UT tickets for my trip with intention of upgrading to AP so I couldn't buy an AP before the change now the prices are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter