New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was somehow able to add the PP to my MDE app cart, however, it doesn’t say renewal. Not sure if this is the old price or new.

B24A3AB2-83C7-4481-B4F8-DF415D392228.png

Last edited:

It’s 1:19 am here and just now the app would let me buy an platinum plus for last years price , so maybe they won’t be raising the prices on those .

Okay bought my son his ticket from working advantage, 521 total for a 10 day. We arrive June 21st. Can't wait to see if this was the right choice.

It’s 1:19 am here and just now the app would let me buy an platinum plus for last years price , so maybe they won’t be raising the prices on those .

What is the price you are getting? My cart is showing $844 or with tax $898.86, which doesn’t match any price on the attached list (left side is general, right is DVC).

99F30831-2708-4712-92F6-C4F086B15860.png

I pulled the trigger on my DD’s and her BF’s passes from UT. If they don’t use them we’ve given Disney the use of $900 for the next year and we’ll use them December 2019.

I wonder what wil happen to UT and Parksavers after this ...

There's no way to know the answer. In the past, ticket sellers have been able to sell their inventory of older tickets following a price increase. But with a complete overhaul of the ticketing system, it might not be possible. UT has been selling physical tickets that have a Feb. 28, 2019 expiration while their e-tickets expire Dec. 31, 2019. I imagine that come tomorrow, there will not be an inventory of e-tickets from prior to the change and only a limited number of physical tickets with Feb. 2019 expiration dates, which they will be able to sell thru the end of this month.

That would be my guess too. In order to sell the new eticet products, resellers are going to have to upgrade their software to be compatible. Even if the reseller wanted to run dual systems I am sure Disney won’t be, and the old ticket system won’t be able to communicate with the new Disney system. I think there will be a lot fewer hard tickets available after the change tomorrow than have typically been available in the past.

I did end up doing my renewal for my AP through AAA, just in case. I am getting ready to go on one of my non-Disney vacations (the horrors! :scared:) and didn't want to be worrying about pass prices or entitlements changing while I was gone. I already have the voucher to redeem for the pass and saved a few dollars over the old rate to boot. I hope everyone is able to get the tickets they want at a price that is reasonable. Happy Ticketing! :flower1:

I bought 5 day tix at AAA a few weeks back $393. Using the new tix prices if I bought with Disney they would be $443 for my dates.

Gold DVC AP went up $21. Glad that I upgraded 4 MYW tickets to Gold AP vouchers when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

I bought 5 day tix at AAA a few weeks back $393. Using the new tix prices if I bought with Disney they would be $443 for my dates.

Does your purchase price include any AAA discount? Just want to be sure it's an apples to apples comparison. I know I got $30 off my AP renewal for being an AAA member. Not much, but every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter