New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY confusing.. Anyone know what will happen if you have old non-expiring tickets from years ago ( I mean MANY years ago 10-15 yrs ago that were preserved on new media)? Those tickets were sold as ANYTIME tickets, will Disney still honor those? If so, wouldn't it benefit someone holding those NOT to use them if they want a 'slow' time and hang on to them until there is a peak? Wil the new 'slower' period tickets be cheaper then the current anytime tickets sold now? Its very confusing.

Definitely. That would be a smart approach, as long as you don’t have to add days or upgrade in any way. I guess one of the big questions is, what will be the price difference between the cheapest and most expensive times.

Something to keep in mind regarding the AP, they rarely charge the prices at the same time as tickets so it's possible we won't know anything about AP on the 16th

Ok, can someone tell me if I am right here with this scenario. Lets say you book eight nights at a resort and buy a 3-day ticket, and you use the ticket on day one of your vacation, you have until day five of your vacation to use the other two?

If you use the ticket on day two of your vacation, you have until day six to use the other two days?

Ok, can someone tell me if I am right here with this scenario. Lets say you book eight nights at a resort and buy a 3-day ticket, and you use the ticket on day one of your vacation, you have until day five of your vacation to use the other two?

If you use the ticket on day two of your vacation, you have until day six to use the other two days?

I'm not allowed to tell you the answer to this question until after the new system goes live. If you remind me then, I'll explain!

VERY confusing.. Anyone know what will happen if you have old non-expiring tickets from years ago ( I mean MANY years ago 10-15 yrs ago that were preserved on new media)? Those tickets were sold as ANYTIME tickets, will Disney still honor those? If so, wouldn't it benefit someone holding those NOT to use them if they want a 'slow' time and hang on to them until there is a peak? Wil the new 'slower' period tickets be cheaper then the current anytime tickets sold now? Its very confusing.

Old tickets sold anytime at all prior to the change to date-based pricing will still follow whatever original rules applied to them.

No one knows anything regarding the actual prices for date-based pricing - the ticket sales training lab computers aren't even using official new prices.

This throws such a monkey wrench in my planning. I was going to book a room only discount and add the Canadian ticket deal. That would lock me in at current ticket prices. But if the new pricing come out and tickets are cheaper, do you think I can change the tickets to the new pricing? We are going Feb 26 to Mar 6 which is predominantly value period prices currently.

I thought that you either get the number of days allowed with the ticket or the number of nights on the package, whichever is longer. So for an 8-night resort stay, you would have 8 days to use your 3-day tickets. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I thought that you either get the number of days allowed with the ticket or the number of nights on the package, whichever is longer. So for an 8-night resort stay, you would have 8 days to use your 3-day tickets.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

That kind of length-of-stay window is what I have seen.

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind regarding the AP, they rarely charge the prices at the same time as tickets so it's possible we won't know anything about AP on the 16th
I hope this is true. We renew on the 18th. Hope if the price changes, it is after that time.

I can not wait to discover what is the best time to go to WDW
Not that the prices may change - supply and demand - simple Economics
Walt's Grandchildren seem to be more money hungry than their past relatives :)

Is the price based on the date you first "tap" into a park (like APs), or is it based 100% on the date you select when purchasing your ticket?

Last edited:
1. There is no need to "use at least one day" of a ticket in order to upgrade (add the Hopper or otherwise) under the present ticket system. That doesn't affect the ability to upgrade (or the cost) at all.

2. If you do want to upgrade an "older" ticket after an interim price increase, you ARE (even currently) required to pay the difference in the cost between the "older" ticket and the "newer" ticket on the date of the upgrade. That's true now, and likely will be the case with the upcoming ticket change.
Thank you, very much appreciated!

I may have two unused tix from this December's stay. If I do, and then book another trip in 2019, can I use the two for that trip? I am trying to follow how this new structure will work, however I am woefully confused.

I may have two unused tix from this December's stay. If I do, and then book another trip in 2019, can I use the two for that trip? I am trying to follow how this new structure will work, however I am woefully confused.

By "this December's stay" do you mean Dec. of 2017 or Dec. of 2018?
--------------------
If you mean Dec. of 2018:
Are these tickets part of a Resort Package (room and tickets) and are they currently seen in your MDX account?

Or, are these tickets ones that you have ordered from Disney and are they currently seen in your MDX account?

If the answer is yes to either of the above, then you will be able to use the tickets in 2019 on any date.
--------------------

If you mean Dec. of 2017:
Your tickets MIGHT have an "expiration date" sometime during 2019.

Last edited:
My response from the What Will be Your Breaking Point thread on the Resort Board:

Disney has managed to all but kill 18 years worth of good will. They can keep their Toy Story Land and I don't give a hoot about Star Wars. Same for Marvel, not interested. They are pricing themselves out of what I am willing to pay while the service continues to decline with all the cuts. I have done the parks long enough to not be enticed by rides most of which break down. It is now the little magical things like parades, shows and the streetmosphere that I use to not take too much notice of while doing the park ride commando style that I am now looking to experience. I have done most of the tours and parties but the constant up-charges are getting crazy. Couple that with the generic hotel décor, dogs in the parks and at resort and the "cover their behinds intrusions" room inspections as well as the security theater at the parks are just a few more nails in their coffin. Not thrilled in June when I paid good money for the Illuminations cruise and got the defective globe that ruined the finale. The sad part is Disney is encouraging people with their app to not disconnect and interact. May just be me, but too many people staring at their phones ignoring everything else including the "therapy animals" they need so much.

This looks like another nail in the Disney vacation coffin. I am not even sure the 50th anniversary is going to be enough to entice me back. You will need a vacation to recover from just the planning portion. It would also be interesting to see how the approach the different up-charges for Halloween/Christmas parties, pay extra to stay in park after hours, when they close the parks early and if the morning/evening resort entry will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter