New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids won't be with us on the first trip in October. It is for DH and I to enjoy Food and Wine.

I think we can each book one bounce back offer, so I would book July and DH would book December.
No, you can book as many dates as you want. Each adult on the current reservation can book a room as the bounceback, but you can do as many dates as you want. I do it all the time, just did this past Sept for bounceback next yr... it does take a while on the phone though just to get through it all, but you can def book more than one set of dates.

Where can you buy the voucher instead of ticket for AP? I haven't read all pages. (stop on 13) but someone mentioned the voucher for AP doesn't expire.

Where can you buy the voucher instead of ticket for AP? I haven't read all pages. (stop on 13) but someone mentioned the voucher for AP doesn't expire.
Whenever you purchase an AP you get a voucher. You have to activate that voucher at guest services and enter a park for your AP to become active. You don't have to activate that AP voucher at any specific time. So you could purchase an AP now, receive the voucher now, but not activate the AP until 10 years from now (or whenever you want to start using that AP). Once you activate it and then enter a park, that is the first day the AP is active and it will end a year from that date.

I know everything is an assumption right now, but I have a quick question.

I just got an AP that will expire in September. We were just at Disney and booked a bounce back for next July which includes 4 day hoppers.

We were going to use those hoppers toward renewing our APs next fall, however with the uncertainty of this being a possibility I was thinking of just upgrading the package tickets to 8 days which we would use for a December 2019 trip. Those package tickets would be valid to use for December even though the package was for a July trip, right?

I’m in the exact same situation as you. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do.

I’m thinking about changing my summer FD bounceback to December, upping my four day tickets to ten day tickets, and getting a room discount instead this summer. Then, I won’t renew my AP. Depending on the new rules and /or price, I may use my December tickets to upgrade to an AP instead, but at least with ten day tickets, I won’t have to make a change to my package and be subject to the new rules and prices, if I don’t upgrade. I guess we’ll see.

Whenever you purchase an AP you get a voucher. You have to activate that voucher at guest services and enter a park for your AP to become active. You don't have to activate that AP voucher at any specific time. So you could purchase an AP now, receive the voucher now, but not activate the AP until 10 years from now (or whenever you want to start using that AP). Once you activate it and then enter a park, that is the first day the AP is active and it will end a year from that date.
I am in the same position as a lot of folks. Trip coming up in October, already purchased 4 day hopper, and planned on upgrading to AP when we were there before having knowledge of this new ticket system starting Oct. 16th. Is it fair to say that the prudent thing to do is upgrade now to AP before the presumably price increase on AP?:confused: Thanks!:disrocks:

I am in a different situation regarding tickets. Planning a trip in May and only going to be at Disney for 2 days. Not getting park hopper tickets. Should I wait to purchase the one day tickets? We are going a Monday/Tuesday May 13th and 14th and think they might be regular days for pricing. I know I only want to go to Magic Kindom and Animal Kingdom. I appreciate any suggestions.

I am in the same position as a lot of folks. Trip coming up in October, already purchased 4 day hopper, and planned on upgrading to AP when we were there before having knowledge of this new ticket system starting Oct. 16th. Is it fair to say that the prudent thing to do is upgrade now to AP before the presumably price increase on AP?:confused: Thanks!:disrocks:

The only problem with upgrading to AP is that you will have to do it onsite. You may be able to do it on the phone if your tickets were purchased directly from Disney (I think). If you bought them from anywhere else they will not typically let you do it over the phone. Some people have been lucky when they called in, but most have not. I tried a couple times, with no success. If you do try, let us know if it works.

I am in a different situation regarding tickets. Planning a trip in May and only going to be at Disney for 2 days. Not getting park hopper tickets. Should I wait to purchase the one day tickets? We are going a Monday/Tuesday May 13th and 14th and think they might be regular days for pricing. I know I only want to go to Magic Kindom and Animal Kingdom. I appreciate any suggestions.

You would not be buying "one-day tickets" if you are going into two parks.
You would be buying "two-day tickets."

It is somewhat possible that the upcoming new tickets would be less expensive than the tickets that are currently available,
but I consider that to be unlikely.

Last edited:
I didn't see this answered in all 35 pages ... (1) Is there any indication that these ticket changes will change the ability to activate our tix a day early for a trip this Thanksgiving? (2) We want to add an 8th day of tix to two people in our party, but not the other two. CMs told me I can't do that til I arrive onsite. Do you think the cost of that 8th day (currently about $10/person) will go up enough that I would be better off getting an 8th day for all four of us NOW, even if two of the four people never use it?

I didn't see this answered in all 35 pages ...
(1) Is there any indication that these ticket changes will change the ability to activate our tix a day early for a trip this Thanksgiving?
(2) We want to add an 8th day of tix to two people in our party, but not the other two. CMs told me I can't do that til I arrive onsite.
(3) Do you think the cost of that 8th day (currently about $10/person) will go up enough that I would be better off getting an 8th day for all four of us NOW, even if two of the four people never use it?

(1) No indication of that, one way or the other.
(2) That's correct.
(3) No possible way to guess that.

I think they'll still have a discount but not the drastic reduction that we see on days 5-10 now. Which is where some tickets may go down in price, and others up. But no real insight it's purely my gut guess.
I can't see them changing it by much for the exact reasons you say. We had 7 day tickets booked and for $20/each we upgraded to 9 'just in case' we decide to go arrival and departure day. If I way paying a lot more than the small price of $10 we'd be sure to find other things to do those days rather than go to the parks.

The only problem with upgrading to AP is that you will have to do it onsite. You may be able to do it on the phone if your tickets were purchased directly from Disney (I think). If you bought them from anywhere else they will not typically let you do it over the phone. Some people have been lucky when they called in, but most have not. I tried a couple times, with no success. If you do try, let us know if it works.
Thanks, purchased via DVC. Hopefully, won't be a problem. I will post if/when we decide. Seems to be the smart way to go.:thumbsup2

I can't see them changing it by much for the exact reasons you say. We had 7 day tickets booked and for $20/each we upgraded to 9 'just in case' we decide to go arrival and departure day. If I way paying a lot more than the small price of $10 we'd be sure to find other things to do those days rather than go to the parks.

I think the reductions will still be there, possibly not hugely different than now especially in the off-peak season. But I don't think it's going to be as easily recognizable that the extra day only costs ~$12. What I envision is the price calendar will reflect that discount calculated into the "per-day" ticket price.

Using the example data below from the video {data does not reflect actual pricing}: the online system won't show prices until you tell it how many days. In this example, the guest choose a 4-day ticket so the calendar is showing per-day tickets starting at $79 per day. If the guest were to chose 2-day tickets, the calendar would show per-day tickets starting at $100 per day. Likewise, if the guest chose a 10-day ticket, the base would show starting at $47. So the discount comes into play with the base per-day ticket price.
upload_2018-9-28_12-41-5.png

How much that base per-day ticket will change remains to be seen. I suspect a "low-season" and midweek, it won't change a whole lot from current. Peak season and weekends will see the increases, some possibly considerable (notice the above example shows weekend rates as high as $97 per day for a 4-day ticket).

At least, that's what I'm envisioning based on the info released to-date.

I think the reductions will still be there, possibly not hugely different than now especially in the off-peak season. But I don't think it's going to be as easily recognizable that the extra day only costs ~$12. What I envision is the price calendar will reflect that discount calculated into the "per-day" ticket price.

Using the example data below from the video {data does not reflect actual pricing}: the online system won't show prices until you tell it how many days. In this example, the guest choose a 4-day ticket so the calendar is showing per-day tickets starting at $79 per day. If the guest were to chose 2-day tickets, the calendar would show per-day tickets starting at $100 per day. Likewise, if the guest chose a 10-day ticket, the base would show starting at $47. So the discount comes into play with the base per-day ticket price.
View attachment 354626

How much that base per-day ticket will change remains to be seen. I suspect a "low-season" and midweek, it won't change a whole lot from current. Peak season and weekends will see the increases, some possibly considerable (notice the above example shows weekend rates as high as $97 per day for a 4-day ticket).

At least, that's what I'm envisioning based on the info released to-date.
Agree. I think it will depend too if they keep a similar view to this when purchasing tickets as part of a package:

upload_2018-9-28_12-59-49.png

It's rare that I purchase tickets by themselves, more often as part of a package.

My plan of attack after Oct 15th is to check the calendar to see where prices fall around the time I want to visit and then begin to build my package from there. If the above view is still displayed when pricing a package, it's easier to see how much the increase is with each additional day of tickets chosen.

Personally, I've always for this view to be much easier to understand and see at a glance as opposed to the chart listed for purchasing tickets alone. It does the majority of the math for me. :D

I’m in the exact same situation as you. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do.

I’m thinking about changing my summer FD bounceback to December, upping my four day tickets to ten day tickets, and getting a room discount instead this summer. Then, I won’t renew my AP. Depending on the new rules and /or price, I may use my December tickets to upgrade to an AP instead, but at least with ten day tickets, I won’t have to make a change to my package and be subject to the new rules and prices, if I don’t upgrade. I guess we’ll see.

I was thinking of doing the same thing - room discount this summer and change bounce back to December. I was wondering if I could save my bounce back tickets to use in December with a room discount but noticed they had an expiration date that coincides with my July trip. Do your tickets expire along with your bounce back trip too?

This is great to know - we are recent WDW addicts and have been tossing around the idea of purchasing AP's and making the trip more often, but it's a BIG chunk of change to come up with all at once. But if I know I can buy them spaced out, and then just activate them at the same time, this helps our budget!

Will this work? I always buy Disney tickets direct from Disney using Disney GCs bought at my local grocery story where I get 2% cashback using my Chase Freedom plus 4x fuel points. This allows me to save much more than I would if I purchased through a reseller. I need to buy my GC by tomorrow to get the extra fuel points. But I'm thinking I should wait until October 15 to see if my tickets will actually go up on the 16th. Will we even know anything on the 15th? Will it be such a zoo I could risk not getting through? If I decide not to purchase them yet, I can still use the GC on next year's DVC maintenance fees, so it doesn't hurt me to go ahead and buy the GC. Just wondering if I should go ahead and purchase now or wait until the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter