New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually has some good points. If lower hotel prices and discounts can’t spread out the crowds into September and away from Christmas, are lower tickets really going to do the trick?

Of course not. The ultimate goal is not to spread out crowds. That’s a marketing ploy. The ultimate goal is profits. So they have decided to take advantage of people having to come at busy times and charge them more (just as they do at hotels, as airlines do, car rental companies etc).

But at what point to people just cross WDW off their list because other destinations at the same time are a better price or perceived to be a better value?

I honestly feel this is going to have a psychological toll that Disney should have foreseen given the backlash against the parking fee.

When you itemize price hikes like this it makes people resentful & creates ill will towards the company. IE why do people who drive & subsidize ME in their hotel rate (we all know it’s not really free) also have to pay for parking. Why in the world do guests in cabins have to pay to park? It seems punitive.

There are people who simply can’t travel outside the school calendar for example. I have July & Aug, 1 wk in March, 2 wks at Christmas & some long weekends. I can’t change it, so that’s when we go.

Before, people like me figured we had to deal with crowds, but at least we weren’t paying more for the dubious privelege of being hot or crowded, or both.

I can’t think of anyone I know that doesn’t hate airlines for jacking up prices. The word gouging comes to mind. I have no airline loyalty whatsoever because I travel at peak times...

Not sure if this was Disney’s intention, but Josh is right, many who go during peak times simply cannot go during off periods. If Disney surpasses the price they can pay, they simply can’t go.

just wondering is it better to buy a multi day ticket now before the prices change
im looking o go next nov 2019 during the days before turkey day
Based upon the posts in this thread, I would, especially during the time you will be traveling. Would guess you will save money by purchasing now, rather than waiting till October 16th new pricing.

10 Day - Disney World® Park Hopper® Plus

Admission to one or more of the following theme parks for each day of the Ticket:
- Magic Kingdom® Park
- Epcot®
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park

Plus the number of Plus visits specified below:

10 day “Plus tickets” include.

Choose one of the following for each Plus visit:
- One (1) visit to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
- One (1) visit to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- One (1) round of golf at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course — greens fee only (tee time reservations are required and subject to availability)
- One (1) round of miniature golf at Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course (Round must start prior to 4:00 p.m. Only 1 Plus visit may be used at Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course per day. If a Plus visit is used at Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course, another Plus visit may not be used at Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course on the same day.)
- One (1) round of miniature golf at Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course (Round must start prior to 4:00 p.m. Only 1 Plus visit may be used at Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course per day. If a Plus visit is used at Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course, another Plus visit may not be used at Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course on the same day.)
- One (1) visit to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge.)

Ticket (including the Plus visits) expires 14 days after the date of first use of the Ticket. Ticket cannot be used for admission after December 31, 2019. Parking is not included.

This is through working advantage. I may just get my son's ticket now. We have AP's, he will turn 3 before our next visit, but we won't be renewing cause we are taking a 2 year hiatus and saving points until 2021 for our big 50th trip. It's 480 for a 10 day childrens pass, can't beat that!

However, if you add the taxes and fees, your final price is more than UT tickets. It's about $6 difference, though. We were pricing the 7 day Park-hoppers. Just so you know. :)

I don't buy regular tickets. I just got an email about it and it seemed like a good deal. No idea what UT charges.

where else besides ut & disney can you buy tickets from for a good deal
are those the only two sites

From the All About WDW Tickets Sticky found at the top of this forum:

Discounted WDW Tickets

Below are listed some popular, reliable links for info and/or tickets:
UndercoverTourist.com
OfficialTicketCenter.com
kgstickets.com (Kissimmee Guest Services)
MapleLeafTickets.com
OrlandoFunTickets.com
BoardwalkTicketing.com
ParkSavers.com
And, AAA travel offices can often be a discount tickets source.

(There are others, but these will be some good sources.)

Click HERE to view and use the TouringPlans.com "Discount Ticket Search."

You should ABSOLUTELY check each of these yourself to see which happens to
have the best deal, as the specials can change at any time.

• Remember that Florida taxes (6.5%) will be added to any tickets purchased,
(it's a Florida law) so be sure to check if taxes are included in the price shown.

• Also, shipping fees may or may not be included in the price,
so consider that cost, as well.

I honestly feel this is going to have a psychological toll that Disney should have foreseen given the backlash against the parking fee.

When you itemize price hikes like this it makes people resentful & creates ill will towards the company. IE why do people who drive & subsidize ME in their hotel rate (we all know it’s not really free) also have to pay for parking. Why in the world do guests in cabins have to pay to park? It seems punitive.

There are people who simply can’t travel outside the school calendar for example. I have July & Aug, 1 wk in March, 2 wks at Christmas & some long weekends. I can’t change it, so that’s when we go.

Before, people like me figured we had to deal with crowds, but at least we weren’t paying more for the dubious privelege of being hot or crowded, or both.

I can’t think of anyone I know that doesn’t hate airlines for jacking up prices. The word gouging comes to mind. I have no airline loyalty whatsoever because I travel at peak times...

Not sure if this was Disney’s intention, but Josh is right, many who go during peak times simply cannot go during off periods. If Disney surpasses the price they can pay, they simply can’t go.
Agree, but for some reason, businesses feel that "itemizing" is better and Disney is going that route. Get people "hooked" emotionally with lower prices and just have them shrug off the extra fees after they are committed.

Look at the airlines that charge $25 per bag for a service that is practically REQUIRED.
Look at "resort fees" that aren't optional.
Look at advertised prices for things like cable ... ($20/month -- oh wait .. plus DVR fee .. plus HD fee .. plus rental fee on the equipment .. plus taxes and fees .. that really turns into $40-50/month).

So Disney can market "prices as low as $XXXX/night" .. get you hooked emotionally and then when you start looking at when YOU want to go .. end up paying more because it is a "busy" time.

As someone who just looks at the bottom line, I don't understand this strategy .. I look at the total cost and decide if that is worth it or not.

It's my understanding that the upcharge for flexible does just that -- extends the ticket to a 14-day use window regardless of how many park days are included. Without the upcharge for flexible, tickets have a use window of just 2-4 days longer than the ticket length. A 7-day ticket may have a use window of 10 days, by adding the "flexible" option that same 7-day ticket can be used within 14 days of first use instead of 10 days.
Yes, the way I see it the Flexible option is going to be useful to people who have longer trips than the standard use window on the ticket they purchase. It won't be something everyone needs. It's going to depend on your trip habits. I'm not sure why it's a confusing point actually

Yep

Lower ticket prices don't change the weather. I pulled my kid of out school for 4 days to go Labor Day week. I got an insane resort discount and flights were CHEAP. We had a great trip, but we would rather not ever go in September again.
Lower ticket prices don't change when kids get out of school either. People locked to school breaks are locked to school breaks. They can't/aren't going to chase ticket prices. Great for those that can but that's not everyone by any means. I've said before, that it's not their primary focus with this change (despite what they claim) but it could work out to be a nice side benefit if there are enough that can chase ticket prices. No idea if there are or not. It takes a whole lot of guests to shift crowds. A few hundred won't make a dent in them. I know I wouldn't notice if there was a couple hundred fewer, or more, in a park on a given day. A few thousand sure.

where else besides ut & disney can you buy tickets from for a good deal
are those the only two sites
Use the link to Touring Plans ticket finder shown on Robo's post #632 It's a great tool

Agree, but for some reason, businesses feel that "itemizing" is better and Disney is going that route. Get people "hooked" emotionally with lower prices and just have them shrug off the extra fees after they are committed.

Look at the airlines that charge $25 per bag for a service that is practically REQUIRED.
Look at advertised prices for things like cable ... ($20/month -- oh wait .. plus DVR fee .. plus HD fee .. plus rental fee on the equipment .. plus taxes and fees .. that really turns into $40-50/month).

So Disney can market "prices as low as $XXXX/night" .. get you hooked emotionally and then when you start looking at when YOU want to go .. end up paying more because it is a "busy" time.

As someone who just looks at the bottom line, I don't understand this strategy .. I look at the total cost and decide if that is worth it or not.
Absolutely, but the difference is I feel emotionally about Disney & when they make moves like this it stinks of betrayal whether that’s rational or not. I’m not emotionally invested in airlines etc, and as I said, not loyal either...

And if we all remember, JC Penney tried the concept, in reverse, with merchandise sales.
They opted to put their bottom line price out as their bottom line price, getting ride of sales.
It is basically the same concept, giving you the price you pay as a total, instead of a price, then deducting sales, coupons, etc, to reach the total.
People hated it. They couldn't adjust that the price was never going on sale. Even though the price was dropped to a lower point when they did it.
We want to see the itemized thing.

Ok, so after talking with the family, we are looking at maybe going the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday before Columbus Day next year instead of the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of Thanksgiving break. I was planning on going ahead and buying at least two tickets, but now I'm not so sure I should. Current pricing shows our first day as value, our second day as regular, and our third day as peak. Based on what I've read, if I wait I would pay the value price for every day since our first day is value. Could this really mean a cheaper price? I sure wish we could see prices before this rolls out.

Each day will have it's own price. Knowing that a 3 day ticket is valid for 5 days, find the lowest 3 day ticket in a 5 day window that includes your dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter