• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Test Track - Thoughts?

What do you think of the new Test Track?

• Love the change!

• Hate it!

• Don't care either way/didn't like it before/don't ride it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hated it! Hated it! hated it! (Can I vote more than once?) I was so looking forward to see what the new ride would be like and was completely disappointed. The old ride was corny, but at least kept you interested the whole way through. Now you just wait in line, design a car that has no use, and ride the high speed oval. Oh they did take everything out and add some lights. We would ride the old version on every trip, but may never touch this one again. At least we now have extra time to enjoy the countries in WS.:drinking1

I just don't see how you can enjoy TT without hearing John Michael Higgins "are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?....sure am!" I mean come that's classic.....haven't been on the new one yet so I do not have any judgement haha I'll reply in June when I go on it :)

We've only rode the older version 2 times almost. Both times there were problems including one ride that took us about 30 minutes to complete. Most of that time we were stuck outside in the pleasant August sun. It has to be better.

I didn't really like it. I grew up with the other Test Track, so maybe that's why I'm a little bias. I agree with others though, it just feels boring. I don't know what's going on half the time. Before it was pretty clear.

The only thing I truly enjoy about this refurbishment is the addition of photo opportunities in the exit area. My friends and I had fun taking photos with the cars and different backdrops.

And by the way, I saw someone ask where the camera on the ride was and if it was in the same spot. Someone answered that it was, but it isn't. It used to be inside right before you "crashed" through the door, now it's outside, shortly after you go down the little hill at the beginning.

This just reminds me of TTA all over again...if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I miss TTA's old spiel but that's a whole different story...

We really liked the changes!!! :thumbsup2

We liked the car design concept, and my family and I competed against each other on each ride for whose car came in 1st.

We liked the futuristic feel of it...it is in FUTURE WORLD, after all.:upsidedow

The new queue does not seem nearly as long as it used to, and that old music with the hammers clanking and squealing tires is gone now....that music was incredibly grating on the nerves...:headache:

The most exciting part of the ride is still the outside part, and that hasn't changed at all. :goodvibes

Surely there is a middle ground that could have been included in the poll. I would hazard a guess that the majority of guests neither LOVED IT!! nor HATED IT!! but simply liked it or didn't like it as much as the old version.

I quite enjoyed the new version. As much as I liked the old one? Hmmm. I LOVED the old version the first dozen or times I rode it (but that was many years ago). Then I became bored with the whole ride except for the high speed run outside. So I guess you could say that I didn't like it as much as I first liked the old one. But I like it a whole lot more than the last time I rode the old one. We'll see how the new one holds up to repeated rides over the next few years.

The new Test Track is far superior to the old one. I went with my mom and brother on our last trip and we all agreed it was better.

The car design is FANTASTIC. I also like the ride queue... I like the car designs, the music, the intro videos. It's all great!!

I seem to recall that when the refurb first opened there was a difference between standby and fp queue in terms if designing your car. Is that still the case? Our first trip since the refurb is coming up and we don't want to miss anything.
Thanks!

I seem to recall that when the refurb first opened there was a difference between standby and fp queue in terms if designing your car. Is that still the case? Our first trip since the refurb is coming up and we don't want to miss anything.
Thanks!

Fast Pass and Regular Line are the same in terms of designing the car. The only line that doesn't participate in the design process is the "single rider" line.

Some like it, some don't.

As for your last statement, may I submit Journey Into Your Imagination, Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, and Stitch's Great Escape as just a few examples of widely reviled updates to original attractions.

There would be a lot of people claim that Mr. Toad's Ride wasn't upgraded well...but that might be stretching it too far.

I liked the new Test Track pretty well, my problems is how the tests you go thru aren't as clear, it's just digital screens, no REAL elements like hot, cold, brick or whatever road that was. Also the queue isn't as neat, there was more to look at before. Designing your car is fun.

The after area is more fun than before in my opinion, the picture things are fun and just overall better.

We (myself, DH, DD19 and DS10) road it the other day and did not like it, except the track at the end. Just glad we didn't wait 60 minutes in the stand by line:).

Of course, we would ride it again, but only with a fastpass or using the single rider line!

We all thought it was a pretty lame re-do....it just didn't feel at all "Disney" to me and I felt like they totally cheaped out with the screens and lighting effects, no humor, nothing at all that indicated Imagineering, the car design is stupid and didn't work, queue is dull. Just plain blah....

It reminded me a lot of the Atlantis ride at Sea World in San Diego...all I could think the entire time was how Disney could do it better....

We haven't been on TT since January, but at the time, we went through both the FP line and the regular line. Both offered design opportunities, but they were different. In the FP line, we selected from a number of pre-set designs - there were very few features to select and it was quick. The regular line allowed us to design our own car in more detail and took more time. Not sure if it changed since then.

As for the new TT overall, we like the idea of the competition and the lighting/effects are well done. I'm sentimental about the old version (especially those robots!) and definitely prefer it over the new version, but I understand why Disney needed to make the changes.

We all thought it was a pretty lame re-do....it just didn't feel at all "Disney" to me and I felt like they totally cheaped out with the screens and lighting effects, no humor, nothing at all that indicated Imagineering, the car design is stupid and didn't work, queue is dull. Just plain blah....

It reminded me a lot of the Atlantis ride at Sea World in San Diego...all I could think the entire time was how Disney could do it better....

How is the car design stupid? How did it not work?

It doesn't appear to impact the ride experience at all.

I'm not sure it was meant to. All that happens is each car's score is revealed after each test (power, efficiency, etc.).

I enjoy trying to get the highest possible score in the design process. That actually is my favorite part.

My fear is this is the wave of the future for attractions; less physical effects/scenes, more video . . . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter