• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I searched for Disneyworld SWGE and this popped up. I'm on a quick lunch break so if anyone can help direct me to the right thread I'd be forever grateful.

It's hard to say whether crowds will pick up in October or not, but last week the crowds for Halloween Screams without fireworks were pretty low (on a Thursday). We wandered out onto Main Street about 10 minutes before the show started and there was plenty of space still available.

Personally, I would probably aim for an Oga's Cantina reservation somewhere around 90 minutes before HS. The time limit inside the Cantina is about 45 minutes, so that give you some time in case they're running behind for check-in or drinks are slow (it took us about 20 minutes after we were seated to get our drinks).and then time to walk out to Main Street without having to rush.

Thank you both so much; this is exactly what I was hoping to know. I am going to try for a 8:00 ressie.

If anyone is wondering, they’re still releasing a batch of Oga’s reservations at 7am each morning - I wanted something between 3:30-6:00 today, and I checked about a dozen times yesterday for a party of 2 and there was nothing... at 6:56am this morning, I got a 4:25pm reservation for 5! It also offered 5:00 (I searched for 4:30).

It says on the website that they offer more at 7am, but I wasn’t sure if it was still easy to get reservations then... seems to be (even though they’d released early).

R2-Izzy is ready to head back to Batuu today:

31EC654A-950A-476A-8828-A0F9AFC06CD2.jpeg

Do not, repeat, DO NOT use cardboard tubes at an amusement park. You will invariably get your daughter's Yogi Bear poster confused with your important work blueprints and will be a laughing stock at your big meeting, despite all of your family's efforts to reach you in time and correct the mix-up.
Love this reference!

We have a trip booked in January. I just saw that the Rise of the Resistance opens 10 days later. My Star Wars obsessed son is going to be soooo disappointed to just miss it! When do they start doing soft openings to test out the rides? I am wondering if there will be any chance for him to go on it?

Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to spend a few days at Disneyland & DCA last week.

I often listen to Disney theme park music loops while working, so I was wondering if there is any of the music of Galaxy's Edge out there?
I'm really surprised that I can't easily find the loop from Oga's Cantina or the entrance to Galaxy's Edge on Youtube.....maybe someone of you knows where to find those?

Thanks guys! Found it on Spotify - but that's without his own "narration".
I hope it'll turn up on Youtube some day, but for now that'll do ;)

A while ago I remember people were asking about requesting pilot. I went on today and requested pilot and they gave it to me. If I hadn't requested pilot I would've for sure gotten engineer since I was right behind a group of 5, but instead they pulled a single rider for that group.

I'm really not sure if the following is going to be an exposure of my lack of anatomical knowledge of animals, but....

I had a shaak roast for dinner last week.
They're just regular ribs, right?
So, isn't the structure of it meant to be meat-bone-meat-bone-meat-bone and so on?
The way I know spareribs, you can cut the meat between two bone parts and that way take that one individual piece into your hands and nibble on it till there's only bone left.
In my Shaak Roast, however, all the bones were connected by another bone piece at a right angle, so it wasn't easy to cut between the pieces of bone. But when trying hard enough, I could get my (dull) knife through the bone piece at the end - so was that even a real bone????
This might sound crazy, but I suspect that they somehow even theme the food to make it resemble like it's from some kind of weird space animal (a Shaak!).

What do you guys think!??

I'm curious because we are going to DL in March with some family friends, 1 of whom is a huge Star Wars fan like our family is. We're all very excited about it. I've read lackluster reviews/accounts on another website. And a friend of mine on Facebook (who's a So Cal local & an AP holder) said recently that she's been twice now and thinks it's just ok, doesn't like that there's only 1 ride, and doesn't think it was worth Disney raising ticket prices for. However, that friend isn't necessarily a Star Wars fan.

Here on DISboards, however, I've read anecdotally here and there that people have really enjoyed it. I apologize if this has been asked already in another thread. If you enjoyed SWGE, what were some of the things that you enjoyed the most? About how much time in your day would you recommend for a 1st-timer to allot for it?

We were there this summer and enjoyed it, went back several times for Smuggler Run and just to explore the land. My wife and I are going to WDW in February and plan on visiting again, and being able to ride on the Rise of the Resistance. Neither of our trips were planned around or based on going to SWGE, in fact I was very nervous for our July trip and the potential impact it could have had, but the massive crowds didn't materialize and I think we benefited since the crowds throughout the DL parks seemed lighter.

A few thoughts, do download the Disney Play app, its fun to be able to activate things in Batuu with the games. The details around the park are amazing, and well worth taking it slow to soak all of that in. The hairy one-eyed space squid that shows up when you get a drink of water in the market area is a fun piece of star wars history. My wife and son enjoyed building their droids.

We made a mistake and tried to visit Batuu on a Magic Morning, but it doesn't open early. The crowds to get in that day were the biggest we've seen in our 5 days and the line for Smugglers Run quickly went up to a couple of hours we bailed on Batuu that morning and went back in the late afternoon and waited about 45 minutes for the ride. If you can go during fireworks it's pretty amazing, seeing the fireworks right above the Spires. But to be aware it is very LOUD, we saw a number of young children having issues.

By the time you go Rise of the Resistance will be open so hard to say what crowds will be like then. IMG_0129.jpeg

I loved Batuu and how they have created Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I'm a solo visitor so I have the luxury of being totally selfish and not having to compromise for any one.

I did 2 visits to Batuu in early July. I did Smugglers Run multiple times single rider, and got all 3 positions.

I did mobile ordering for food in Docking Bay 7 and bypassed the confused families trying to find something for their picky eater kids.

I created my own back story, and was able to have great interactions with the citizens of Batuu.

I made sure to learn Batuu words and phrases before my visit.

I did 2 reservations at Oga's Cantina, love that place.

Having watched all the movies, I was on the hunt for all the subtle references built into the theming.

The only downside was that my phone was not compatible with the Disney Play App so I couldn't do all the interactive things.

Basically you get what you put in. If you play along, have bothered to research and are open to new experiences, then you will have a blast.

If you are passive, know nothing about anything, have not even bothered to look at the Disney website to see that Oga's is a standing bar with no food and you just want to watch a screen like in Star Tours and you want regular theme park food then you will not enjoy Batuu.

I loved Batuu and how they have created Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I'm a solo visitor so I have the luxury of being totally selfish and not having to compromise for any one.

I did 2 visits to Batuu in early July. I did Smugglers Run multiple times single rider, and got all 3 positions.

I did mobile ordering for food in Docking Bay 7 and bypassed the confused families trying to find something for their picky eater kids.

I created my own back story, and was able to have great interactions with the citizens of Batuu.

I made sure to learn Batuu words and phrases before my visit.

I did 2 reservations at Oga's Cantina, love that place.

Having watched all the movies, I was on the hunt for all the subtle references built into the theming.

The only downside was that my phone was not compatible with the Disney Play App so I couldn't do all the interactive things.

Basically you get what you put in. If you play along, have bothered to research and are open to new experiences, then you will have a blast.

If you are passive, know nothing about anything, have not even bothered to look at the Disney website to see that Oga's is a standing bar with no food and you just want to watch a screen like in Star Tours and you want regular theme park food then you will not enjoy Batuu.

Oh, coming up with your own backstory...what a great idea! Thanks for suggesting that! I'm totally going to have our group do that.

We were there this summer and enjoyed it, went back several times for Smuggler Run and just to explore the land. My wife and I are going to WDW in February and plan on visiting again, and being able to ride on the Rise of the Resistance. Neither of our trips were planned around or based on going to SWGE, in fact I was very nervous for our July trip and the potential impact it could have had, but the massive crowds didn't materialize and I think we benefited since the crowds throughout the DL parks seemed lighter.

A few thoughts, do download the Disney Play app, its fun to be able to activate things in Batuu with the games. The details around the park are amazing, and well worth taking it slow to soak all of that in. The hairy one-eyed space squid that shows up when you get a drink of water in the market area is a fun piece of star wars history. My wife and son enjoyed building their droids.

We made a mistake and tried to visit Batuu on a Magic Morning, but it doesn't open early. The crowds to get in that day were the biggest we've seen in our 5 days and the line for Smugglers Run quickly went up to a couple of hours we bailed on Batuu that morning and went back in the late afternoon and waited about 45 minutes for the ride. If you can go during fireworks it's pretty amazing, seeing the fireworks right above the Spires. But to be aware it is very LOUD, we saw a number of young children having issues.

By the time you go Rise of the Resistance will be open so hard to say what crowds will be like then. View attachment 440257

I love the idea of seeing fireworks from that vantage point. Your picture is great!

Oh, coming up with your own backstory...what a great idea! Thanks for suggesting that! I'm totally going to have our group do that.

It was easy for me 😁
I'm from Ireland and scenes from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi were filmed here. An island off our south coast was used as the Planet Achtoo, where Luke Skywalker was in hiding. It's also the home of the Porgs.

My back story is that I am from the planet Hibernia, which is in the same Galaxy as Achtoo. Hibernia is the Latin name for Ireland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter