• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This far the only entrance they seem to open first thing is the one in Critter Country. It sounds like people wait near both the ropes for Adventureland and Frontierland in the hub and then when park opens both entrances are funneled toward the Critter Country entrance.

That said, it sounds like rope drop is one of the busiest times to visit SWGE and you're better off to head over after the morning rush dies down.
We did rope drop on Monday..took 10 mins to walk on entrance from frontier land entrance at 9am...10 minute queue and back off by 9.30am. lots of people running and going through adventure land entrance to try and get ahead but we just walked with the crowd and was fine.

We also queued this afternoon and the party of 3 with us complained just before boarding that they hadn't been given pilot so we rode just as a 3 which was a bit weird. Not sure what happened to them!

This one sounds like the ban is based on that one social media answer on Twitter... so it might not be official policy or a real ban. But I hope this one is cleared up quickly. I understand the point they are trying to make with replica weapons but without the lid it quite obviously a spherical coke bottle in my opinion at least...

I think flying from Lax or the other local airports won’t be a big problem as those TSA agents see them often but for other flights it might be tricky... on my next trip to DL I‘ll have at least 3 more TSA Screenings besides the one LAX so I won’t test it if there is no „ok“ from TSA to take an empty spherical bottle with me...

For those wondering about the music in the Cantina: it will be available for download soon (announced at D23 Expo). Those who attended the "Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge" panel at the Expo received the Cantina music download as a gift.

Didn't the Oga's Cantina music come out last Friday on Apple Music and Spotify at least? I know I downloaded it that morning from Apple Music. It's 6 tracks. Is that what you are referring to, or is there something else even that will be available soon?

Didn't the Oga's Cantina music come out last Friday on Apple Music and Spotify at least? I know I downloaded it that morning from Apple Music. It's 6 tracks. Is that what you are referring to, or is there something else even that will be available soon?
That might be it -- not sure. We were completely enclosed in the Expo time bubble with no idea about what else was going on outside the ACC, so if that was the day the Cantina tracks were released, it would make sense. I know people were asking about the music some pages back and I hadn't seen anyone else post that it had become available.

Quickie question - which MFSR position would you say is best for a young child? We've already told our son that only adults can drive the Millennium Falcon just like only adults can drive cars (yes, we lied 😜), so he's not expecting to be pilot. He will be 5 at the time of travel.

Quickie question - which MFSR position would you say is best for a young child? We've already told our son that only adults can drive the Millennium Falcon just like only adults can drive cars (yes, we lied 😜), so he's not expecting to be pilot. He will be 5 at the time of travel.
My 4 year old really liked the gunner position. They handed him a pilot card and I was thinking oh god no, lol. I asked him if he wanted to shoot guns and he said yes so we traded.

Just know that with the layout of the seats, you will not be really close to him when seated. My 4yo was not a happy camper when he couldn't sit "with" me.

A longer "album" is coming out on the sixth, still called Playlist #1, but it still won't cover all the music.

Just know that with the layout of the seats, you will not be really close to him when seated. My 4yo was not a happy camper when he couldn't sit "with" me.
Thanks for the heads up! I will prep him in advance, but he lives, eats, breathes, and sleeps Star Wars. He will be so excited to be in the Millennium Falcon that I'm not 100% certain he will even remember who I am!

Thanks for the heads up! I will prep him in advance, but he lives, eats, breathes, and sleeps Star Wars. He will be so excited to be in the Millennium Falcon that I'm not 100% certain he will even remember who I am!
Good to hear! My little guy is in a huge Star Wars phase but I think by the time we got into the cockpit he was a bit overwhelmed and we hadn't talked about the ride seats or jobs or anything beforehand.

Reactions: EmJ
My family of 3 (myself, wife, 2yo kid) are visiting CA next week for a few days. Just booked travel arrangements today. We are in the parks with hoppers for 2 days, Thursday 9/5 and Friday 9/6. We're staying on-site at the Disneyland Hotel.

We've been to Disneyland many times including with the kiddo, so we're set on most tips, but where I'm new is Smuggler's Run/Galaxy's Edge.

Ideally, we would rider swap at an appropriate time so we could both experience it. But, we're open to other options as well. I'd like to avoid waiting more than an hour or so in line.

Should I bank on getting a Max Pass for it?
Should we rope drop? If so, which day? Thursday has Extra Magic Hour for DL, FYI.
Should we get on at the end of the day at park close?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Last edited:
The last of the APs get in next week but going to suggest you go on it later in the day because wait times get down to like 30-40 minutes, or have been anyway. It’s possible all the new APs coming in to see Galaxys Edge change that but so far this summer there’s really no rush to get on the ride.

My family of 3 (myself, wife, 2yo kid) are visiting CA next week for a few days. Just booked travel arrangements today. We are in the parks with hoppers for 2 days, Thursday 9/5 and Friday 9/6. We're staying on-site at the Disneyland Hotel.

We've been to Disneyland many times including with the kiddo, so we're set on most tips, but where I'm new is Smuggler's Run/Galaxy's Edge.

Ideally, we would rider swap at an appropriate time so we could both experience it. But, we're open to other options as well. I'd like to avoid waiting more than an hour or so in line.

Should I bank on getting a Max Pass for it?
Should we rope drop? If so, which day? Thursday has Extra Magic Hour for DL, FYI.
Should we get on at the end of the day at park close?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

There is no Fast Pass for MF:SR so no Max Pass either. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the app over the next week and check out when the lowest wait times are.

It seems to me that many people rope-drop it unnecessarily. As others have suggested, do it later. Also, the single-rider line has never taken me longer than about 10 minutes. Not a fan of the ride, myself. I get slight motion sickness from it and I find the game aspect of it distracting and kind of annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter