• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I mean what more can we expect, literal magic? I feel like they've done a pretty good job so far.

Where’s the stunt show, aliens, reasturant, color and life and any sort of fun?

I don’t think they’ve done a good job. I think they were going to, and had every intention to, but Chapek clearly has his way

OT But Its to keep kids safe. So you'll need to cosplay elsewhere, sorry!

Sorry, that's not what I was talking about at all. I was talking about the clothes that you can buy at the "Outfitters" store that all looks like a citizen of Battu would wear them. As far as I understand those could be worn by anyone while there, but most of it is pretty, well, odd looking, and I don't think most people would wear it once they get home. I wear my Disney shirts all the time at home. I would also wear shirt that says "Galaxy's Edge" or "Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run" on it. I would not wear most of the merch that I saw being sold (I haven't been - only in the videos). I think that slavish attention to "in universe" details was a bit of a detriment.

Also, Dinseyland's costume rules for adults really aren't about keeping kids safe. They are mostly about making sure nobody confuses someone for an official character or cast member. They do allow costumes for certain special events, though with guidelines for everyone's safety regarding masks and material dragging on the ground. I'm really nor sure what warranted the snippy response.

I can’t believe people still trust Disney when they say this ride will be groundbreaking and incredible.

They said the same thing about the land itself. They didn’t follow through. I have a feeling they won’t follow through with the ride either.
If it works the way it was envisioned and has been described, it will be groundbreaking and new.

But without any clear understanding of the problem or how "finished" the ride is but for the specific problem, I've noodled on whether Disney will need to reimagine the whole thing as a more typical experience using whatever they can from what is already built.

If it works the way it was envisioned and has been described, it will be groundbreaking and new.

But without any clear understanding of the problem or how "finished" the ride is but for the specific problem, I've noodled on whether Disney will need to reimagine the whole thing as a more typical experience using whatever they can from what is already built.

I think that's dangerous, especially at this point. If Rise of the Resistance doesn't WOW, they are going to catch a lot of flack. They need to really get it working as intended.

I think that's dangerous, especially at this point. If Rise of the Resistance doesn't WOW, they are going to catch a lot of flack. They need to really get it working as intended.
Unfortunately, if it just doesn't work and can't be made to work, then Disney is going to find itself in the untenable position of deciding between underwhelming ride or no ride. But hopefully this is all doom-and-gloom speculation and in fact ROTR is near ready and will be premiered during D23 as rumored!

Is it too soon to talk about this? There are two things I want to experience in SWGE when we go in August: Smuggler's Run and Oga's Cantina. What is the fastest and most efficient way to do both? My old-fashioned-Disneyland instinct tells me to get in line for rope drop, make a reservation for the cantina for 8:30/8:45 AM, make a beeline to Smugglers and then head to the cantina directly after. I'd prefer not to start day drinking before 9 AM but I know I'm gonna want a Yub Nub or Dagobah Slug Slinger at some point and, honestly, I really don't want to expend anymore time on SWGE than that.

Talk to me people. Is this the way to do it?

Our family wants to do Smuggler's Run, Ogas, and Savis/Droid Depot (at the same time--DH at Savis, The Boy and me at Droid Depot). Our plan is to do Smuggler's Run first, primarily because I don't want to be lugging droids and lightsabers onto the ride. DH and I are both going to log onto the system at 7:00 and look to get an Oga's reservation and Savis reservation one hour apart or more starting no earlier than 10:00. That gives us two hours for Smugglers Run, and if we don't wait that long, we will visit Dok Onders in between.

Other than the 10 hour line, I haven't been keeping up with what's going on with this ride at Universal. Are there technical problems also?
Yup. Last I heard, they can't keep it running for a whole day. It was operating afternoons-only so that they could be doing extra maintenance, repair, and testing in the mornings. I'm super excited for this ride, but also happy my son isn't tall enough for Universal yet. Once he's tall enough (in two years), I'm hopeful it will be working, lol.

Last edited:
Yup. Last I heard, they can't keep it running for a whole day. It was operating afternoons-only so that they could be doing extra maintenance, repair, and testing in the mornings. I'm super excited for this ride, but also happy my son isn't tall enough for Universal yet. Once he's tall enough (in two years), I'm hopefully it will be working, lol.

Oh wow, that sucks!

I can’t believe people still trust Disney when they say this ride will be groundbreaking and incredible.

They said the same thing about the land itself. They didn’t follow through. I have a feeling they won’t follow through with the ride either.
I’m glad you have that feeling because I have the opposite feeling so we cancel each other out.

Yeah I just meant it was a little odd they were selling merchandise branded for the ride that wasn't even open yet. I agree that some of the clothes, while "on planet", were not something I wanted to buy because what would I do with it later (or even then since adults can't wear "costumes")? Even the more generic tshirt designs were only ok (which I think has been mentioned elsewhere)...
They were selling merchandise for the Hagrid’s ride at Islands of Adventure when I was there (5/10-5/15) and it didn’t open until 6/13. No harm in selling merchandise they already have.

Sorry, that's not what I was talking about at all. I was talking about the clothes that you can buy at the "Outfitters" store that all looks like a citizen of Battu would wear them. As far as I understand those could be worn by anyone while there, but most of it is pretty, well, odd looking, and I don't think most people would wear it once they get home. I wear my Disney shirts all the time at home. I would also wear shirt that says "Galaxy's Edge" or "Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run" on it. I would not wear most of the merch that I saw being sold (I haven't been - only in the videos). I think that slavish attention to "in universe" details was a bit of a detriment.

There's only one small place to get the Batuu citizen look, probably less than 10 items total. There's larger shops in each area with t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc. I bought 2 shirts and my DH bought a sweatshirt. There's plenty of home appropriate stuff to buy, at least I didn't have any problems finding some. The Resistance area had some pretty cool stuff as did the First Order area. I have to dress for both sides of my personality. :) There are also First Order officer outfits, movie quality costumes, etc that would be really fun in very specific situations, but that's not the majority. The Droid shop had a surprising selection of t-shirts.

From reports on the other posts; based on wait times in the app it's better to wait until later in the day for MFSR as everyone is rushing there right at rope drop. I would say do your normal rope drop routine (fantasyland/tomorrowland/etc) and make a reservation for the Cantina in the afternoon/evening. Keep in mind that if you have a reservation for Oga's/Savi's you can enter the land regardless of if boarding groups are in place or not.

Our family wants to do Smuggler's Run, Ogas, and Savis/Droid Depot (at the same time--DH at Savis, The Boy and me at Droid Depot). Our plan is to do Smuggler's Run first, primarily because I don't want to be lugging droids and lightsabers onto the ride. DH and I are both going to log onto the system at 7:00 and look to get an Oga's reservation and Savis reservation one hour apart or more starting no earlier than 10:00. That gives us two hours for Smugglers Run, and if we don't wait that long, we will visit Dok Onders in between.
I would try to get a time slot for Savi's that is earlier than your slot for Oga's as the lightsaber build itself only take 15-20 mins. I'm not sure how long they hold you after check-in at Savi's but I feel that Oga's will easily take more than a hour total.

From reports on the other posts; based on wait times in the app it's better to wait until later in the day for MFSR as everyone is rushing there right at rope drop. I would say do your normal rope drop routine (fantasyland/tomorrowland/etc) and make a reservation for the Cantina in the afternoon/evening. Keep in mind that if you have a reservation for Oga's/Savi's you can enter the land regardless of if boarding groups are in place or not.

I would try to get a time slot for Savi's that is earlier than your slot for Oga's as the lightsaber build itself only take 15-20 mins. I'm not sure how long they hold you after check-in at Savi's but I feel that Oga's will easily take more than a hour total.
Ideally, that's the plan. I'd like to do Smuggler's Run/Dok Ondars from 8:00-10:00, Savis at 10:00, then Oga's at 11:00 for a little pre-lunch drink appetizer :) We might have to tweak depending on what is available at the time we make the reservation though.

There's only one small place to get the Batuu citizen look, probably less than 10 items total. There's larger shops in each area with t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc. I bought 2 shirts and my DH bought a sweatshirt. There's plenty of home appropriate stuff to buy, at least I didn't have any problems finding some. The Resistance area had some pretty cool stuff as did the First Order area. I have to dress for both sides of my personality. :) There are also First Order officer outfits, movie quality costumes, etc that would be really fun in very specific situations, but that's not the majority. The Droid shop had a surprising selection of t-shirts.

Oh, well, that's good to know. I guess that stuff hasn't been covered much. I'd much rather have a t-shirt or sweatshirt than a scavenger's vest or whatever.

Wouldn’t you want to watch him build the saber?
Oh no, no no… our son would have a very hard time watching dad build a lightsaber if he wasn't also building one. And there's no way I'm buying a $200 lightsaber for a 5-year-old. He's really jazzed about the droid (he wants a red R2 unit with a remote control; we can do that!), so I'll take him to Droid Depot while dad is building the lightsaber. I'm not a Star Wars fan, so this day of our trip is all about them and I'm not fussed if I don't see Savis. If The Boy wants a lightsaber later, we will take him to choose a child's one in Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter