Has any parents with picky eaters eaten at docking bay yet? The only thing my kiddo will eat is mac and cheese and I’m wondering if I can just order a few of those separately.
You can try ordering in person rather than mobile order. My friend wanted the hash at breakfast so went up to the CM and was able to order just that. On the menu it only comes in the breakfast "platter" option.

Love it or hate it, SWGE is, at least in part, Disney’s response to the success of WWoHP at Universal. Superficially, the fandoms are similar - millions of multigenerational super fans with a global reach who know and love virtually everything about their world, and are eager consumers of all things SW/HP. However, the one big difference I see is that going to Hogwarts, drinking a butter beer, and having your wand choose you was a *literal dream come true* for many Potterheads. That is, a desire to actually live there and be a real wizard is part of the common culture that binds the super fandom. Although SW fans are certainly passionate, and have deeper roots and probably greater numbers, I’ve never really heard a SW super fan express a longing to personally exist in that world. I don’t know if that makes sense; hopefully it does.

What you said makes sense I just don't know if I agree with it given some of the responses I've seen to hardcore fans hitting GE for the first time. I heard of an older man crying as he built his lightsaber. To me, that's the description of a 'dream coming true' for a Star Wars fan. I know my husband is beyond excited about the prospect of doing that.

I also know that I am going to be a bawling mess once I step into GE for the first time and I hear John Williams and see the Falcon. To me? That's a literal dream come true.

Dreams are about perspective and extremely subjective :) I think Disney did a great thing here with SWGE and it is going to resonate hard with people that looooooooooove Star Wars with a burning passion to challenge the heat on Mustafar.

I also know that I am going to be a bawling mess once I step into GE for the first time and I hear John Williams and see the Falcon. To me? That's a literal dream come true.

You'll need to play the John Williams in your head or in some headphones as there isn't much atmosphere music in SWGE. Others here have complained about it but it didn't bother me. There are still plenty of sounds- in the resistance forest area you can hear animal sounds and a subtle electronic background, for example, but other than in the cantina there isn't just music playing everywhere. There's plenty of sensory overload without it though! And the Falcon is truly a sight to behold!

Because I am liking looking at this from all angles even if it’s making me crazy for our trip in a few days, I on whim looked at best western park place and I can still get a room for July 1-6. That’s crazy!!

If it wasn’t $400 more then our hojo room I’d consider it.

My thoughts exactly. (I posted that on cast member thread) Unblocking CM's was painless for them. I don't see how they could lift dates for AP's and not get backlash from those who spent A LOT more to upgrade. I know if I was one, I would be screaming my head off demanding a refund for the upgraded pass.

The smart thing to do is get those hotel rooms filled. They are sitting there open at full rack rate, losing a TON of revenue. Offer the discounts you normally have, and add a summer promo special. Fill the rooms, fill the parks, fill the restaurants. That makes more sense.
This did just that last June. My So Cal Select was unblocked for a few extra weeks. So, yes they can do it. And have.

Yes, less people in the park is a success. Not for the shareholders, but for making the customers happy it is.

Also, you can't really compare the opening of a new ride to the opening of a WHOLE land. People keep focusing on the wait times for Hagrid but Universal has gotten a lot of compliments on how the lines were handled and the whole experience. Hagrid is also an outdoor coaster so it has Orlando weather to deal with, which SWGE in Anaheim does not.

Also, you can't really compare the opening of a new ride to the opening of a WHOLE land. People keep focusing on the wait times for Hagrid but Universal has gotten a lot of compliments on how the lines were handled and the whole experience. Hagrid is also an outdoor coaster so it has Orlando weather to deal with, which SWGE in Anaheim does not.
I’m curious to know how Universal handled a line that massive. Is there a thread or anything I can jump to? I don’t want to derail the discussion here too badly ;)

I have a feeling that other shoe is going to drop though :/
I agree with this. At the end of the day, management answers to the shareholders. If the shareholders are happy with the opening and later attendance, all is well. If not, then they’ll make changes to boost profits (and dividends).

The wait times are insane, though, that's why. I thought my eyes had malfunctioned when I saw the wait times on the first day. Did Universal do anything at all other than line management to prevent insanity? That's what I'm getting at.

I agree with this. At the end of the day, management answers to the shareholders. If the shareholders are happy with the opening and later attendance, all is well. If not, then they’ll make changes to boost profits (and dividends).

Hopefully they wait til after my trip in September haha

• Haha
Reactions: EmJ
Im sure they are happy with all the droid, sabers and cantina sales.

I also think people that are making vacation plans (from out of state or far enough away to need to book a hotel) are waiting for the Rise of The Resistance ride to open so they can get the full experience. Spending thousands on a family vacation, I'd want to wait too.

I’m curious to know how Universal handled a line that massive. Is there a thread or anything I can jump to? I don’t want to derail the discussion here too badly ;)
There’s a thread about the new ride on the Universal forum

Reactions: EmJ
We did not try the popcorn! Next time ;) For what it's worth, I am not a hot dog fan usually. (Corndogs, yes!) But I really liked the Ronto Wrap. I was pleasantly surprised! Hopefully the land won't be super packed and you can leave and get food elsewhere and come back if need be. Have a great time!

I agree, the Ronto wrap was great! We did try the popcorn and it was...odd. We didn't hate it, but I'm also not sure I need to get it again. And the colored coating stuff got all over fingers (but it a sticky, stainy kind of way, not in a cheetos dust kind of way).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter