Reading through this thread, I'm surprised no one has really said anything about the interactive disney play part of the land. It sounds so fun, and I'm really curious about how it all works, and what you do with it. Has anyone used the app significantly around the park? Is it fun?
Yes! I’ve been meaning to say something about this app...We used the Disney play app in SWL—lots of fun interactive things to do in there! My husband and daughter loved it. You can scan all kinds of things, change control panels over to resistance or first order (depending on which side you’ve chosen when you sign up), make droids activate, panels light up, find out what’s in all those trunks and crates, solve puzzles, and earn points, badges, and titles.

We used it in other Lands too, to play trivia games in line and do some other interactive things. Peter Pan’s features were really cute and made waiting in that line fly right by! 😉

I highly recommend checking it out!

I interpreted that as referring to the entrances off the hub (where you're being held pending rope drop) -- Adventureland through to Critter Country or Frontierland through to Critter Country. The Frontierland and Fantasyland entrances to SWGE haven't been open first thing in the morning -- they have been making everyone go around the Rivers of America to the Critter Country entrance.

Yes, that’s what I meant. So it seems like no matter which entrance you chose, you are going to be routed through the Critter Country entrance. Good to know! I suppose sticking to the Frontierland stockade entrance will be our best bet by the sounds of it. Hopefully all will turn out alright for us!

It was a regular opening on Friday. If I was going on Saturday and didn’t have EMH I think I’d wait until later in the day or evening since all those EMH people are already in there. The wait time increases quickly and dramatically in the morning, while afternoon often gets down to 45 minutes. Are you just there for one day? If so then you may not mind waiting and making it a priority though.

Great, thanks! I think we’ll stick to our original plan of doing Smugglers Run later in the day when everything else has a long wait too. Thanks for the info!

Reading through this thread, I'm surprised no one has really said anything about the interactive disney play part of the land. It sounds so fun, and I'm really curious about how it all works, and what you do with it. Has anyone used the app significantly around the park? Is it fun?
Have battery back up for your phone! Many people report the app and/or the Play app draining their phone battery, so it can't hurt to have back up with you. Or plan on using the Fuel Rod vending machines around the parks.

Have battery back up for your phone! Many people report the app and/or the Play app draining their phone battery, so it can't hurt to have back up with you. Or plan on using the Fuel Rod vending machines around the parks.
Is there a fuel rod exchange station inside SWGE?

I am going to be there in 2 weeks and I am very excited! I plan on building a lightsaber but I am unsure what to do with it after I have built it. I will want to ride smugglers run but I will also probably want my lightsaber around for pictures, especially at night. What do you recommend? I cant bring it on the ride, obviously. If I leave the park, drop it off at my room, can I re-enter with it later that night? TIA

I am going to be there in 2 weeks and I am very excited! I plan on building a lightsaber but I am unsure what to do with it after I have built it. I will want to ride smugglers run but I will also probably want my lightsaber around for pictures, especially at night. What do you recommend? I cant bring it on the ride, obviously. If I leave the park, drop it off at my room, can I re-enter with it later that night? TIA

I wouldn’t assume you can’t bring it on MFSR. My DH brought his on BTMRR. It’s in a padded case.

We asked security about bringing a lightsaber back in and they said no problem. The guy was like, “you made it here, didn’t you? It belongs here!”

The night pictures are super cool. Good reason to get Maxpass!

You can bring it on MFSR.

Booked Savi’s for the afternoon on 8/10 and Oga’s for an evening drink on the same night. I’m planning on booking another drink at Oga’s for later in the trip when those dates open. I am really thankful for the establishment of the 2 week reservations!

Cannot wait to experience SWGE. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread! It really helped me out a lot with the planning :)

Is there live music and/or entertainment at Oga's? Just wondering if it might be worth going on multiple days, or is it once and done?

I'm big on getting a locker when I visit DLR, so I've checked into the dimensions because of the light sabers. The "jumbo" lockers in the Esplanade are the only lockers at DLR that they will fit in if you get the longest blade.

Not sure if you're interested in that, but wanted to throw it in here in case you or anyone else is.

Galaxy's Edge - I was there yesterday. What a wasted opportunity. The only star wars in there is the falcon and that's the most popular thing and area. Imagine if everything was from star wars. I bet the imagineers were frustrated with the restrictions they had set on them by upper management. I kept thinking "imagine if they put this work into making the forest of endoor, Tatooine w/ lukes/lars house, naboo palace/lake, mustafar with Darth vadar, jabas palace,dagobah (yodas house), snowy hoth, the death star, the emporers lair. If you could visit these places and eat there or shop there or meet all the characters there (how about a show with darth maul and vader fighting luke and obiwan) , with music playing, special star wars fireworks. R2D2 and C3po walking around. I mean comeone! There is no way people believe it'll be this slow and not absolutely jam packed had they done any of that. I rode star tours yesterday and then went to smugglers run and I wish they had those locations from star tours in smugglers run I could fly and fight in. Instead of chasing a dumb train to extract electricity. think about how stupid that sounds. There is no way imagineers sat there and when asked "where do we go and what do we do flying the falcon?" "How about we chase a train to extract electricity?". lmao are you kidding?! The response was more likely "OK lets go to the death star to rescue leia and fight vadar on the way (with han solo and chewie assisting you maybe with a animatronic in the cockpit with you) and then another scenario where as bounty hunters we deliver jabbas shipment to hoth where luke is instead of delivering to darth maul on mustafar and drop off droids that spy on mustafar instead dressed to look as the items they were expecting". Im just throwing out random ideas. Timeline doesn't matter, this land should have been a huge celebration of starwars from every era for all whether they grew up with it or just got into it. People should be losing their minds when visiting what should have been "The Galaxy" instead of what is, "Galaxy's Edge"

Yes, that’s what I meant. So it seems like no matter which entrance you chose, you are going to be routed through the Critter Country entrance. Good to know! I sticking to the Frontierland stockade entrance will be our best bet by the sounds of it. Hopefully all will turn out alright for us!
Looking at the map, if we can only go through Critter Country isn't Adventureland closer? That's how it looks to me, or is Frontierland to Critter Country actually better?

Looking at the map, if we can only go through Critter Country isn't Adventureland closer? That's how it looks to me, or is Frontierland to Critter Country actually better?

That is a good question and I am not sure why people say go through Frontierland, really. My best guess is that Adventureland curves and meanders a bit and is more narrow of a path with pinch points, whereas Frontierland is a bit more open and free-flowing. But perhaps someone else could shed some light on the best rope-drop path when leaving The Hub...

That is a good question and I am not sure why people say go through Frontierland, really. My best guess is that Adventureland curves and meanders a bit and is more narrow of a path with pinch points, whereas Frontierland is a bit more open and free-flowing. But perhaps someone else could shed some light on the best rope-drop path when leaving The Hub...
Looking at the map it does appear that going through Adventureland would be faster. But when you are actually standing in the hub it definitely feels like Adventureland would be backtracking and frontier land is a more direct route with a wide open path to ROA.

I might try to time it or count steps next time I’m there just for fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter