New Show and Excursions

Euphscott

DIS Veteran
I have not seen this info posted here yet.
From Passporter.com:

GOLDEN MICKEYS SHOW TO DEBUT FALL 2003

A brand new, live stage show begins production on the Disney Magic this autumn. The new show, called "Golden Mickeys," is in rehearsal now. Our contact at Disney Cruise Line had no clue as to the new show's storyline, but some digging about on the web revealed a casting call with some hints.

From what we understand, a female character named "Ensign Benson" starts the show as the nervous and awkward stagehand. During the show, famous Disney characters such as Tarzan, Pocahontas, Belle, Peter Pan, Nala, Hercules, Quasimodo, Prince Charming, Cinderella, Snow White, and Wendy show up.

By the show's end, Ensign Benson transforms into the confident and glamorous star of the show, the Disney Cruise Line's "leading lady." The new show isn't expected to replace any of the current stage shows, but it's possible it will take the place of one of the variety shows. Disney is not yet sure when the show will make its way to the Disney Wonder.

NEW CASTAWAY CAY EXCURSIONS
Four new adventures have been recently added to the roster of Castaway Cay shore excursions. The exact date they were introduced is unclear -- they weren't available on my March cruise, nor have we seen any discussion of them by cruisers online. Here are the new excursions:

_- Seahorse Snorkel Adventure -- Take a 40 min. trip aboard a 63 ft. catamaran to prime snorkeling waters. Don your gear (provided), get a brief orientation, and snorkel for an hour in 3-25 ft. deep water. Rum punch, bottled water, canned soda, and snacks are provided after the snorkel. Two restrooms are available onboard. Cost is $49 (ages 10+) and $29 (ages 5-9).

_- Walking & Kayak Nature Adventure -- Take a 40 min. walk with a nature guide around Castaway Cay and over to the kayak launching area. Paddle about for one hour in two-person kayaks (life jackets provided). Afterwards, swim at a secluded beach for a half an hour. Then take another 20 minute walk back to the tram. Cost is $60 (ages 10+). Note that there are no restrooms along the tour.

_- Glass Bottom Boat Scenic Voyage -- Board a 46-foot, glass-bottom trawler for a one-hour ecotour of the barrier reefs that protect Castaway Cay. The trawler has covered seating, but is one level only and has no restrooms. Bottled water provided. Cost is $25 (10+) and $20 (under 10).

_- Scuba Dive Adventure -- Certified divers can enjoy dive two sites near Castaway Cay. The first dive is 60 feet deep, the second is 40 feet deep. Equipment is provided; wet suits can be rented for $10/person. Guests ages 12-17 must be accompanied by a parent. Cost is $95 (ages 12+).
Full descriptions of these new shore excursions are available at DisneyCruise.com.

On our 4 day cruise in March I saw the glass boat excursion and the scuba excurison posted on the way back to the ship. The scuba excurison posted said that it was only available to those on the 7day cruise. Don't know why though.

I'm just back from the 4/26 Western Cruise on the Magic. I attended the Q&A session with some of the cast members from the shows. They acknowledged that there was a new show called the Golden Mickeys in development in Toronto (which is the rehearsal center for the DCL shows). They said that the show would be on the same scale with Disney Dreams with a lot of the all time favorite Disney music and characters making appearances. It supposedly is fashioned after the Oscar Award ceremony where the Golden Mickey Awards are being handed out. They also mentioned Tim Allen and Angela Lansbury being involved (in video form I assume). They said that it would open this fall on the Wonder and on the Magic in December.

I hope it doesn't replace Disney Dreams, I love that show. But then, I am sure I will love this one too. Actually I love all the 'Disney' themed shows. I didn't like the Morty show or that Ghost Ship one (they don't do this one anymore). I do like Hercules and Disney Dreams and would love for there to be other Disney specific shows.

Well if it is on the Wonder in September, maybe I will get to see it!
DJ

I am so excited!! As much as I have enjoyed the shows on board after seeing them three times I am ready for a change, with the mulan/aladdin show in the works and now this golden mickey's that would be two new ones. Yipee I hope they are ready by 12/13!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter