New Security Rule?

Originally posted by DMRick
I've often wondered..what stops someone from bringing an old room ID card from another trip and using it to use the bus transport..or even from gaining access to the hotels, and using their pools even if you aren't staying there (but perhaps had before)?
I actually remember when you had to show them all the time just to get on the buses..but since I have been doing more visiting/checking out to other resorts and striking up conversations with people at pools, I truly am surprised at how many people aren't staying at these resorts, but are using the pools...and seem to not mind sharing that.

My old room keys from August 2001 has the date of our stay on them.

Dear grahamstarr,

I'm not Chip and Dale Express, but maybe I can help. I have stayed off property a couple of times and gone to a resort. At security, I have told the CM that I was going in for dinner or lunch, and they waved me in. That was a few years back. Now, I think you can still do that, but they give you a temporary parking pass for your car that is good for a few hours. That would keep people from parking all day in a resort area and using the bustransprot, thus avoiding the parking cost. If you are going to be in Epcot, the Boardwalk area resort hotels are an easy walk from the International Gateway, you may want to time your dinner that way. (Just a suggestion!)

If I am wrong, Tyler can correct me!!!

Security is a necessary evil and quite often an inconvenience. With the CR housing many military and their families, I for one would not mind the extra precautions to make these families feel safer.

Security has gotten tighter at every resort, not just the CR. Frankly, I'm glad it is tighter because it makes the resort guests feel safer.

Also, what some might perceive as an ego trip, might just be the result of the person not getting their way. Would you expect a security guard to be a sweet, accomodating person, or someone there to enforce the rules?

I think with the way things are now that you just have to have stricter rules and we cant blame the cm's for enforcing them. Its too easy to sit there and wonder why they just cant let you go this time, but you never know. Maybe that cm's supervisor happens to find out and they get fired. I know that probably wouldnt happen, but still, if Im told to enforce a rule and someone pulls up after midnight to have dinner at a resort that they are not staying at, I think I would have found that to be a little strange myself. I dont know. I think I would rather have stricter rules and maybe have to suffer every once in a while as opposed to just anyone being able to enter the resort im staying at for whatever reason.

We have watched them turn car, after car away for people wanting to get into the resorts just to eat or whatever...without reservations or priority seatings. They want you to park way over in self parking...no more valet.
Uh, not true! I do not know where some of you people get your thoughts but I go to a Disney resort at least once a month just to shop/eat and have never been turned away (going on 21 years now). I went to the Contemporary 2 days before Xmas and even though there was a sign stating, "Parking for resort guests and persons with confirmed dinner reeservations only". I told the guard I wanted to shop and he let me in, no questions asked!
you a temporary parking pass
Yes they do but NO ONE ever checks them.

The purpose of the guards is to turn away oh let's say a car full of teenagers who may not be staying there, but families/adults should have no problem gaining access.

And as for the pool thing I have been doing that for 9 years.

I'm not sure if this was new in June 2002 or if I just noticed it for the first time, but after 11:00 p.m. I had to use my resort I.D. to get into any door into the building. There was a small sign next to/above the key slot stating something like "After 11:00 p.m., resort guests must use room key to enter".

I'm not sure if this was new in June 2002 or if I just noticed it for the first time, but after 11:00 p.m. I had to use my resort I.D. to get into any door into the building. There was a small sign next to/above the key slot stating something like "After 11:00 p.m., resort guests must use room key to enter".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter