New Security Rule?

ukcatfan

DIS Veteran
My wife and I were flying to Ft. Myers last Friday night and ended up being stuck in the Orlando airport because our flight was cancelled. We decided to drive from there to Ft. Myers instead of waiting until morning because we had an early morning appointment scheduled. We had to drive by WDW on the the way so we decided we would just run in and grab a quick bite to eat and a drink at the CR. We pulled up to the security check at the resort at 12:03 AM and the person told us that there was absolutely no admission past midnight if we were not staying at the CR. We only missed by three minutes and were going to spend money but that did not matter to her. She said it was a new rule they just started. Does anyone else know about this? We got the impression that she was just on some ego trip because of her new power. I would think they would be cutting off a decent amount revenue by doing this.

I know that even after dark the resort entrance security has gotten a little stricter.

I would imagine though by that time most of the restaurants and stores would be closed & that may be why they wouldn't let you in. They may at that point only allow people that are staying at the resort to enter for security reasons.

But, I do have to agree the security guard didn't have to give you "attitude" but I guess some people may have give her a hard time so she's like that with everyone?

The only place to eat at the CR at that time is the small food court. The Concourse shops and all would be closed.

We have watched them turn car, after car away for people wanting to get into the resorts just to eat or whatever...without reservations or priority seatings. They want you to park way over in self parking...no more valet.

I think it is good that security is so strict.

If arriving late, your best bet would have been to stop in downtown disney for a great bite to eat.

Originally posted by ukcatfan
We got the impression that she was just on some ego trip because of her new power. I would think they would be cutting off a decent amount revenue by doing this.

With the shops and restaurants (except for the food court) closed I doubt Disney loses any revenue.

Maybe she didn't let you in because she could have lost her job if she broke the rules and did it.

Honestly with most everything being closed at midnight I don't think they make too much profit off the Food-n-Fun center and I don't know that that many people drive around to resorts where they aren't staying just for a snack after midnight. It would have seemed strange to me - but that's just my opinion.

Melissa

I do not know what the official hours are at this time of year, but we have shown up that late before and been able to get a bite to eat and a drink at the Outer Rim. The kitchen is closed at that time, but the servers have always been able to get room service to deliver to our table. I know that most lounges at WDW will stay open a little later than official hours if there are still patrons. What amazed me was that she said only CR specific guests could enter. I know I would be upset if I was staying somewhere nicer like the GF and they told me I was not allowed in. We only stopped at the CR because it has always been our favorite and we had done this a number of times before. I did kind of wonder if it had to do with what I was driving, because she was giving me attitude from the second I pulled up. It was a economy rental so it was not the nicest car.

That would must definately would be strange to me that you won't two come to a resort for dinner at midnight. That would send red flags up all over the place.

First of all i can see if was arriving late two the resort after a along drive or flight. I might would have let you in. Only if i could see your parking pass for staying at the resort. Also that would sent wondering why wait that late to eat anyway epscilly if had a car. I could see if on a flight and could not get anything to eat.

The person was just doing there job. You can get fire for not following the rules.

Ever since September 11, 2001 things as we once new it has change.

Please do not take this as derogatory, but I honestly could not follow what you were trying to say. If you have a word processor, try the grammar and spell check.

I am not looking for someone to back me up and say that I was treated bad. I was just wanting to know if someone else has heard of this new rule, because it really seemed like she was just making something up off the top of her head. I certainly did not do anything rude to her, but she treated me like I did. Maybe I woke her up and she was mad about it.

The security has always been tight at CR. When I checked in on my last stay I had to show my reservation confirmation to get past the parking checkpoint. I totally understand why they won't let non-resort guests in after midnight. The stores and restaurants are closed. No reason for non-resort guests to be there (unless checking in of course) Personally I have never seen the Outer Rim open that late (if it was there were no servers to be seen) I'm sure the same policy holds true for other WDW resorts.

The same policy does hold true for other resorts...I had to call, because we were getting a very late start driving..hubby wasn't able to leave office on time. They told us if we were going to arrive after midnight...they could let us into our room and that would be about it...nothing else.

I would never expect to go to a resort and eat around midnight..especially if not staying there..why would you even try!!!!

I can't blame you for wanting to soak up a little Disney atmosphere on your way through Orlando. But as others said since 9/11 it is a new world with tighter restrictions.

I also would be disapointed if I was turned away from a disney resort:( However, I am happy that they have security at the gate. Maybe downtown disney, or the boardwalk would have been alternate choices. I guess we can all plan ahead if this is a new policy.

In Bus Transportation, after Midnight at Downtown Disney, we're all supposed to ask for Resort IDs... to make sure that a.) inebriated folks go to the right place, and b.) that folks don't have unwanted followers...

Chip 'n Dale Express-
There is something I have been wondering. Since they changed the resort IDs to being the same design at all resorts, how do you tell which resort someone is staying at by looking at it? I figure there has to be away because I have heard of people on these boards saying they have been turned down trying to enter the pool of another resort. If there is some kind of inside secret that you are not allowed to reveal, I understand. Thank you.

There is a code on the bottom of the card... begins with 99xx... that xx is the resort code. :)

I've often wondered..what stops someone from bringing an old room ID card from another trip and using it to use the bus transport..or even from gaining access to the hotels, and using their pools even if you aren't staying there (but perhaps had before)?
I actually remember when you had to show them all the time just to get on the buses..but since I have been doing more visiting/checking out to other resorts and striking up conversations with people at pools, I truly am surprised at how many people aren't staying at these resorts, but are using the pools...and seem to not mind sharing that.

Dear Chip and Dale:

We are staying off site this year since we will have free lodging...We want to dine at Beaches and Cream ..Will we have any difficultyy gaining access to the parking area to park our car and walking in and eat dinner there with the kids...

Since it is a non ressie restaurant their is no way I can make ressies for it to let security know that where I want to eat...

thanks
Laura:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter