New Security (Gatwick)

Eastender

Mouseketeer
Just returned from Orlando (2weeks very rainy!). At the entry to the Gatwick sattelite gates where Virgin are, there was another security check, big up & down Disney-like queue! so don't leave it late to go to the gate. Some people were in a bit of a panic getting on the back of the line. I found it a bit strange that when a family turned up with granny in a wheelchair, they were ushered straight through - no checks, also late people. If you wanted to smuggle anything on, you might just try the granny routine wouldn't you?
Also on board I find it ridiculous that you cannot get a blunt metal knife to eat your meal & yet they give you a real glass to drink your wine. This could be turned into a vicious weapon very easily.

They also had an extra security check at Gatwick with BA. This was the whole caboodle again with a proper x-ray machine and everything, just before we went to the gate...so that one atleast looked pretty permanent.

Eastender...was it an x-ray machine? Or was it hand searches (which is what I had in December) - if so, I imagine that it's quicker than the hand searches as these took forever before :rolleyes:

Penny :D

Were they searching everyone, or just every third or so person. Also, were they still splitting the line into Male & Female?

Penny :D

Ps. I keep meaning to say, as you're an East London Boy, I'm from that way too, I live in Hackney :D

They were searching everyone, two lines, males searching males (suits you sir!) females searching females. P.S I live in Plaistow, not like you semi-millionaire yuppie Hackney persons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter