New Ride Names

Just remembered something from about 20 years ago. While riding the monorail my daughter was asked what her favorite ride at MK was and she responded quite loudly, Bimbo the Elephant! The reaction from the lady who asked the question was quite remarkable!

This isn't a "new ride name," but it's a silly comment/question, so I thought it kinda fit in this thread. On our last trip, we went with FIL, s-MIL and various other ILs and their families. When we first arrived at MK, FIL refused to "defer" to my expertise/obsession, and instead, took off at a record pace, even though he had NO idea where he was going. The rest of us (with kids in tow) had to struggle to keep up with him. I finally caught up with him on the walkway to Adventureland, just in time to hear him ask a CM.......(are you ready for this?)........"WHERE ARE THE RIDES?"

OMG, the CM was totally flabbergasted and had no idea how to answer! I about died of embarassment! But at least it provided some comic relief -- throughout the rest of the trip, DH, SILs, BILs and I kept cracking each other up by asking where the rides were!

twinmomto3boys,

My MIL always calls Big Thunder Mountain the "Runaway Train" too!! Drives me nuts! Runaway Train is a ride at Six Flags Great Adventure and I guess it just sticks in her head, but it makes me crazy!

Minute Maid juice went right through my nose when I heard a lady telling her husband proudly: 'Look honey, here it is: The Hall of Haunted Presidents!'

I always smile when I walk past it! :D :jester:

Hi

I call these statements "Loud and Wrong". Walt Disney himself said in order to enjoy or full expirience a place you have to hear it, see it and smell it. I love to take in the sounds of a place. I always listen in on folks and find it quite amusing. We were in Japan at Epcot and I heard a man tell his son...."Well, here we are in China!" I just looked at my wife and we almost fell over laughing. Which is OK because I love to laugh. Ha-ha-ha-ha.

Uncle Albert

During a 1993 visit I was walking past Spaceship Earth and overheard some guests discussing how it had been better when the roller coaster had been in it.

Thank you, Ned Land--LOL!

I have been asked "Where is the Universe of Dinosaurs?"

I have a tendency to mix-up Fast Pass, EZ Pass (commuter toll device) and Sped Pass (the little thing on my key chain that i wave at the gas pump.

My husband teases me all the time when I ask him if he's paid his Fast Pass for the Bridge toll or want use my Fast Pass at the gas station!

But he was the one who wanted to get an EZ Pass for Haunted Mansion before we went to get lunch at Pecos Bill"s!!!

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

My mom calls her favorite Epcot ride "Fast Track."

PamNC

Ever since my now 8 yr. old DS was just barely 3 hs favorite WDW ride has been the "Yo - Ho Pirates"

Since my youngest daughter was 2, she has called Epcot "Apricot. We have all adopted the name and all exclaim "There's Apricot" everytime we pass by on the bus. I'm sure everyone who hears us shakes their heads at our "ignorance!"

This isn't that good , but I know a 4 yo who insists on calling the cute character from Monsters Inc. -- Bo (as in saying BOW) as opposed to Boo!!!

Carene

These are great!
I just remembered another one. We were on a bus driving by Epcot. A kid was talking to his parents sounding like he knew what he was talking about and he said "Theres the real Disney World".

I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again! ;)

My daughter (now 21 years old) had her own name for "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea".

She called it, "2000 Leaks Under the Sea." :p

fd047e92.jpg

Originally posted by donna in Oz
Anybody but me find it slightly grating to hear Spaceship Earth referred to as the "big golf ball" ??? :eek:

Are you kidding me? It is the BIG GOLF BALL!

Originally posted by Princess Dot
twinmomto3boys,

My MIL always calls Big Thunder Mountain the "Runaway Train" too!! Drives me nuts! Runaway Train is a ride at Six Flags Great Adventure and I guess it just sticks in her head, but it makes me crazy!

I've never heard it call the Runaway Train, but the Runaway MineTrain.

At Jungle Cruise, I've been asked to locate many of these attractions, such as Pirates of Penzance, Caribbean Cruise, Indiana Jones Cruise, etc.

People often mistake the Liberty Belle Riverboat and the Jungle Cruise for "the steamship to the parking lot."

At the MK entry plaza, people ask me all the time which boat they can take to Port Orleans, Beach Club, Swan & Dolphin, etc.

People ask all the time how to get to Neverland, Never Neverland, Fantasy Island, and Pleasure Land.

While on the MK express monorail, stopped between the Contemporary and MK, a man pointed at Tomorrowland and loudly proclaimed to his family, "Look, there's Epcot!"

Wednesday, I was at the MK entry plaza when a woman came up to me and asked, "So, where's this castle everybody's been telling me about?" (I don't know how she missed it from the monorail or ferry boat, or why she hadn't opened the map in her hand to see that the castle was that large gray thing sitting in the middle of the park...)

Hey Safari Steve, can you tell me what time the 3:00 parade starts?:teeth:

Originally posted by BeckWhy
Are you kidding me? It is the BIG GOLF BALL!

I'm still waiting to see the club that goes with that ball [a 9000 iron?]

Well, i don't know if this really fits but this happened on my summer 2001 trip and has just stuck w/ me:

One day i was waiting in line in for the ladies' bathroom in tommorrowland and mother w/ her 2-ish DS joins the line. He looks up at his mother excitedly and exclaims "is this buzzlightyear?" and some witty lady answers, "no, but we still might waiting in line for lightyears!"

it was just too hilarious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter