New Resort Booking question

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
I haven't been around a long time but I've got a question about how new resorts work. If you bought BLT before opening and it was say 10% sold out when it opened logically you shouldn't have any trouble booking your vacation at the 11 month window. As the 7 month window hits I'd imagine new resorts fill extremely quick?

Do they have rolling completed rooms available or do they complete everything and then open the resort?

Typically, all of the room become ready for occupancy at the same time. To sell the resort, DVD must "declare" units into the condominium. Once declared, those rooms are available for members to book. DVD declares units as needed to keep ahead of sales. Units that are not declared still belong to DVD and those rooms are generally made available to the public for cash rental via the DRC/CRO.

It is generally easier to book a resort that is not yet sold out - there are generally more rooms available for points than are actually owned by the members. Again, DVD declares enough units to keep ahead of sales.

Here's a recent article from DVCNews.com that you may find intereting:

Copper Creek Is Now 50% Declared For DVC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter