New puppy -old puppy with pics!!

clarabelle

<font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o
Hi
We are getting a new mini dachshund this weekend. We have a 2 year old one already-we wanted her to have a friend.They are both girls.
So any tips? How long do I have to watch them closely? Do you let them sleep together?
thanks!

We have always used an exercise pen when introducing a new dog. We always place the new puppy in the ex pen. This allows them to meet and greet each other. As far as sleeping letting them sleep together, it all depends on how they react to each other.

Thanks!
Here are some picks
new puppy -Cookie
Evesblacktnfemale60108-1smaller.jpg

Old puppy -Carleigh
IMG_0342-1resize.jpg

I don't have any words of wisdom-just wanted to say that your babies are prescious!! We have a two year old long haired mini daschund, a male, and now I want another one!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks
We are hoping they will play with each other.

The new one (still at the breeders) is a long hair black and tan.
What color is yours?

When we got our second pom we introduced them to each other easily. Held the new one and let Sassy come over and sniff her and get aquainted. Then we let them sort of explore each other with our supervision. They got comfortable witheach other for the next couple of weeks. They had a few fights and decided which one was boss, and now all is well.

Just give it time and slowly introduce them. That isn't great advice, but I LOVE your doxies. We are a doxy house here with three! I love my hounds!:love:

Thanks everyone.
Uga Dog the new one is coming from your side of the state. (Bowdon-if you know it)

We always advise those who are introducing the new dog to the old dog, to do it outside on "neutral ground". This makes it less of an intrusion for the old dog and more like meeting a new friend out on a walk. Once they have greeted each other and visited for a bit, walk both back to the house and in.

Make sure to promote pack order by feeding the old dog first, giving it attention first, letting it through the door first if walking both at the same time, etc. New puppy has to learn to respect the older one and this helps. When the puppy is older they will sort out who is "boss" for them selves but for now the old dog is the top dog. :)

Good luck, they are adorable!!

Thanks stamper
Do you raise dogs?
Nice avatar!

Thanks Clarabelle!

Yes, we own, show and raise Samoyeds (the 2 in my avatar are the 2 oldest). Hopefully we have a litter due in July (she's keeping it a secret at the moment!). :)

Ahhh another mini Doxie owner :) My mom owns 3 now, she's had Winston (red/brown in color) for 5 years. She got Chester (Black like your Cookie) last years and a couple weeks later I saw more in the paper. So She got Neuman who is a dappled mini Doxie (grey, white, brown allmixeed together) Neuman also has 1 blue eye and one brown eye. I'll have to dig up some pictures of them. She didn't have any problems introducing any of them they get along very well.

These are on my myspace page.

Neuman
index.cfm

Chester--notice the dog's dishes behind him lol
index.cfm

Last but not least Winston--This reminds me of those crazy dog cards where they look out of proprtion
index.cfm

Thanks everyone.
Uga Dog the new one is coming from your side of the state. (Bowdon-if you know it)

Yep, I'm actually from Carrollton, so I know Bowdon quite well. Would you mind PMing me the info for where you got the new puppy? We will be ready for a puppy in the next few months, so that would be a great place to start!

Thanks,
Melanie

Cute Cute!!
Thanks everyone!
Sending a PM to you ugadog

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter