New PTR!!!: Lindsey's WISH to ride Splash Mountain

Lindsey's Mom

Earning My Ears
Please bare with me while I attempt to do a PTR for my daughter Lindsey's MAW trip. Let me first tell you about my family. My wish child :wizard:, Lindsey is 7 years old.

Picture267.jpg

My oldest daughter :music: Lia is 12 years old.

Picture264.jpg

My husband :woohoo: Dan is 33 years old.

Picture372.jpg

and then I am :yay: Nicole, 32 years old.

Picture365.jpg

Our story begans around October of last year, when my daughter Lindsey was diagnosed with Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM). She had never really been an active child but I just always thought she was different. Not knowing that it hurt her to run around and play like a normal child. To go along with the fatigue, she had also developed a rash. It was on her face (mainly the cheeks) and on all her joints. Then she carried a constant fever and had difficulty doing simple things such as climbing stairs, twisting door knobs or open bottles and getting in and out of the car. Doctors had trouble diagnosing her. So after months of not coming up with anything. They sent her to Johns Hopkins Children Center. Where on the first visit they told me it was JDM. JDM is an auto immune disease where your immune system attacks the body's own cells and tissues. It is very rare, only 3 children in every million get it. The cause is unknown and as of right now there is no cure. We try to keep hope for a cure soon:angel:

So on with the Wish, Lindsey's doctor had referred her to Make A Wish. Lindsey had been through so much, see the medicine to treat JDM has terrible side effects such as severe nausea, mood swings, excessive weight gain and making your immune system very weak to fight infections. She had also dealt with all the hospital visits, infusions, weekly blood work and physical therpy like a trooper and she deserved something special. LIKE A WISH!!! When I had first told her she had been accepted to have a wish granted she said Disney right away. I however told her that she needed to really think about it, I mean we usually go to Disney every other year. But there was no question, that was what she wanted. Not only did she want to go to Disney, but she wants to ride Splash Mountain over and over and over again. Her exact words and her wish. Our wish trip is already planned for Nov28-Dec 4th. So on with the planning, for what will probably be the best family vacation ever.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter