NEW PROBLEM (Pg. 2)! Please help me choose a hotel!

albianne said:
I was beginning to panic a bit until I saw Lucky1's post about the Annabella, we have reserved 10 days at the Annabella mid November in a mini-suite for $89.00 a night which I thought was a great price (we booked at least a month ago) but you don't hear too many comments about the Annabella so I was getting a wee bit uneasy. Lucky1 can you tell me how to get to the pathway you were describing also we will have a car (I am an amputee) just wondering will I have less walking if I walk on the path to get to the park or if we take the car and park in the lot and take the shuttle? Are there different carparks for the different area's of the park you would like to visit?

albianne,

Check out tripadvisor.com for comments on the annebella. Some people like it and others do not. I do appricated that the manager responds to all negative comments posted on tripadvisor.

The pathway I was describing is alongside Disneyland Dr. You would have to cross Katella (6 lane road) at the intersection of Disneyland Dr and Katella. Then walk about 1 block on the treelined walkway to the entrance of Disney's Grand Californian hotel. We enter into there and walk into the hotel and take an immediate left and go through the convention area outside to Downtown Disney. I think some people would consider it a long walk and not knowning how comfortable you are with it in your situation, you might want to look at a map.

If you take your car, you would a tram take you to Downtown disney where they drop you off, just at the edge of the security point for DL and DCA. I just think the parking is expensive for that option, unless you get AAA tickets.
Also Anahiem offers a trolley system that stop right outside the Anabella and takes you to DL. I am not sure of the cost but others can let you know.

Please realize the Anabella is not a luxuary hotel, but they do try really hard and it is a converted motel with some nice features. They now are offering wireless in the room for a fee.

I'll give another thumbs up for the Annabella. We've stayed there twice and have always been pleased.

Lucky1 are you a Luckey from Orange County?

i would stay at the annabella in a second, too, but they are booked next weekend. columbus day weekend is going to be like mid-july i think - Disney close friday the 7th was 10 PM, just changed to midnight : )

we did go with holiday inn express after finding a great AAA rate with no cancelation penalty up to 24 hours prior.

philliplc said:
i would stay at the annabella in a second, too, but they are booked next weekend. columbus day weekend is going to be like mid-july i think - Disney close friday the 7th was 10 PM, just changed to midnight : )

we did go with holiday inn express after finding a great AAA rate with no cancelation penalty up to 24 hours prior.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Ever since the 50th started, it has been busier than normal, even on the off-season. They also changed the times when we were there last May. Have a great time! :)

luckey-lasvegas said:
Lucky1 are you a Luckey from Orange County?

No...It is just an internet name that has stuck with me for a while. Wish I did live closer to Disney.

Ok I thought you might be a relative posting. I know lots of LuckEys in OC.

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn a few years ago.. it was just "OK".

It is motel style with exterior corridors, swimming pool was small and is located in parking lot.
We had issues with uncomfortable beds (they replaced them all the next year, I've read other posts that the new beds are very comfy), wind whistling under the door (put towels along doorway at night) and very difficult door to open/unlock.
My boys were schoolagers at that visit. If I had very young children, I would be concerned about safety in those outside corridors. The railings were adult height only with wide open spaces at the bottom.

More positives: Mcdonald's is located directly in front of the hotel, laundry machines on each floor, received kid's eat free passes for Millie's next door.

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Inn? Due to a travel agency screw-up, I lost my room at the Fairfield Inn and had to frantically grab another one somewhere else. So now, after much research, I am more than a little frustrated and back to square one. Is everyone and their mom going to DL the first week in December?

Once again, I need help DISers! :confused3

keahgirl8 said:
Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Inn? Due to a travel agency screw-up, I lost my room at the Fairfield Inn and had to frantically grab another one somewhere else. So now, after much research, I am more than a little frustrated and back to square one. Is everyone and their mom going to DL the first week in December?

Once again, I need help DISers! :confused3

I'm not sure where the Best Western Anaheim Inn is that you're referring to. We've stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn, on Harbor, within walking distance of DLR. The Christmas season is one of the most poplular times to visit the DLR. Many people may be staying thru from Thanksgiving, also. If you don't have to be within walking distance, you'd probably have better luck using Priceline. We just stayed at the Hilton Suites for $54 per night thru Priceline. :)

The Best Western Anaheim in is just a few doors down from the Best Western Park Place Inn and is owned by the same people. You don't read many reviews but from what I remember reading in the past it is an okay place. Not as nice as the BWPPI but not bad.

Isn't the first weekend in December when they have Candlelight Processional? That would effect availability.. locals/APers....
I had planned to go that week also, then decided my boys just want to see HMH so changed to October (they will miss only one day of school vs several days in December)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter