NEW PROBLEM (Pg. 2)! Please help me choose a hotel!

keahgirl8

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! I'm new here! :wave2: Please give me some info! I am trying to find a good place to stay that is close to DL, nice, and as cheap as possible without being a dump. Can you help me? Any opinions on the Anaheim Plaza Inn?

I'll be forever grateful! :flower:

try this site - www.tripadvisor.com

Best two moderate priced hotels would be Howard Johnson and Candy cane. But price also depends on when you travel.

Try using pricline for a 3 star hotel. I was abel to get the Hyatt Regency for $43.00 a night at the end of July. Even with the $12 parking fee it still made the room only $55 a night. Go to Biddingfortravel.com to see what bids have been accepted lately.

I read that Priceline changed the areas for Disneyland area.. you could end up very far away from the park (depending on what hotel takes your bid).
In that case, you might want to rent a car if doing Priceline.

Some other good near by choices:
Howard Johnson -- go thru Mousesavers.com or Laughingplace.com for special fan rate.. or call hotel directly to ask for availability of Entertainment book rate. During off season, I have had Entertainment rate of $45 a night.
Spring time fan rate of $76 or so..

Best Western Park Place Inn-- directly across from DL at the crosswalk.
I got a Manager's rate thru www.bestwestern.com of $84.xx in October.

Other favorites near the crosswalk:
Fairfield Inn
Candy Cane Inn
Tropicana
Carrousel Inn

We stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn a few weeks ago and we were very happy with it.

I've never stayed anywhere else right around DLR, so I can't compare it to other hotels, but I know you can't beat the location!

Howard Johnson is great and you can usually get a cheap entertainment book rate. You can also get a decent rate thru Mouseinfo.com.

We stayed at the Carousel 9/13-9/20. Our room was clean, smelled a little moldy (but then we never asked to be moved either so I don't know if it was just our room or not) but our last morning the water in our sink was backing up. It actually overflowed onto the counters and floor (we had to use whatever towels we had to contain the water). So as long as they are not having plumbing issues I recommend Carousel. I paid 60/nt for 7 nights and 63 in taxes quite a bargain if you ask me. We are planning to look into BWPPI and Tropicana next time.

We like the Anabella Hotel, back side of california adventure. The walk to DL and DTD is very easy and pretty through the tree lined walkway. Good AAA rates

We always stay at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites. The room are clean, large for a standard room. They come with a fridge, microwave and other stuff. The best thing is that they are right across the steet from the main entrance. You can only park one car though. Room are generally inexpensive.

I say Candy Cane Inn! I just got back from there a couple days ago, and LOVED it! It's close to the main gates, has a shuttle, the staff are awesome, the grounds immaculate, and I would recommend it to ANYONE! Pictures don't do the property justice, you have to see it to be awed by it all!

Any questions, feel free to ask away.

Jules

Thanks for all the input! I know you DISers could help me! Right now, I've chosen Fairfield Inn. I got a good package deal, it's right across the street, it looks nice, and it was available for the weekend I wanted. I'm pretty indecisive though, so we'll see! :rotfl:

funnygarcia said:
I read that Priceline changed the areas for Disneyland area.. you could end up very far away from the park (depending on what hotel takes your bid).
In that case, you might want to rent a car if doing Priceline.

The hotels you can get thru Priceline are not that far away, however, you will most likely have to take the shuttle or drive into the parks. You can go to Priceline.com and check the map for the Disneyland area to see the actual areas that you can get a hotel. If considering Priceline, I would also go to biddingfortravel.com and learn as much as you can about bidding first.

keahgirl8: The Fairfield Inn is within walking distance which is a big plus. I haven't ever stayed there, so I can't comment on the hotel itself. The location is good, though. Good luck! :)

I was beginning to panic a bit until I saw Lucky1's post about the Annabella, we have reserved 10 days at the Annabella mid November in a mini-suite for $89.00 a night which I thought was a great price (we booked at least a month ago) but you don't hear too many comments about the Annabella so I was getting a wee bit uneasy. Lucky1 can you tell me how to get to the pathway you were describing also we will have a car (I am an amputee) just wondering will I have less walking if I walk on the path to get to the park or if we take the car and park in the lot and take the shuttle? Are there different carparks for the different area's of the park you would like to visit?

I had a great good neighbor post, but I can't find it

I like Best Western Park Place
Park Inn
Embassy Garden Grove
the best.

I like:
Tropicana
Hojo's
Carousal
enough to stay there again.

I would never stay at
Fairfield
Desert Inn & Suites
Castle Inn
again.

Due to bad reveiws(from friends) I'd never stay at
Del Sol
Saga Main Gate
Park Vue

We've also stayed at
Best Value Inn & Suites which was okay but it was just too far away for my taste
Anaheim Hilton Suites(the one by the pond)which was a VERY nice stay, but I like being closer

I'd still like to try
Candy Cane Inn
Sheraton Anaheim

anyone ever stay at travelodge international on harbour south of katella? we usually stay at candy cane, but this time have to go spur of the moment on columbus day weekend (or not at all), and everything on harbor north of katella is either sold out or at their highest rates and out of our price range. the few tripadviser reviews on trav. international seem decent enough.

philliplc said:
anyone ever stay at travelodge international on harbour south of katella? we usually stay at candy cane, but this time have to go spur of the moment on columbus day weekend (or not at all), and everything on harbor north of katella is either sold out or at their highest rates and out of our price range. the few tripadviser reviews on trav. international seem decent enough.

We stayed at the Travelodge in 2002, but for the life of me, I can't remember what the hotel was like. I think that means it was ok. If it was bad or great, I would definately remember it, as I have others! Sorry!

If I were you I would use Priceline for this. You're already not worried about getting a hotel in walking distance, so you really have nothing to lose there. If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com you can get a lot of good info on Priceline. :)

philliplc said:
actually we are concerned about being able to walk. looking for the best compromise.

I know we didn't walk from the Travelodge. We drove in. From what you originally posted, I was under the impression that all the good walking hotels across from the pedestrian walkway were booked, like Best Western Park Place, Desert Inn, etc.... Other walking hotels would be the Anaheim Hilton, Marriott, Coast Hotel, but these are a bit further walk, and you have to walk to the Timon parking lot and then catch the shuttle to the entrance. :)

jencav5 said:
From what you originally posted, I was under the impression that all the good walking hotels across from the pedestrian walkway were booked,

pretty much everything decent close is booked one part of our stay or another, yes.

also looking at holiday inn express just around the corner on katella, certainly walkable for us (no young kids). would have to pre-pay everything non-refundable to get their best rates, which i don't like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter