New policy as of 1/1/03??

The Disney club reservation are saved in a different system. The CRO had to transfer my call to cancel the old reservation.

I had been holding campsite reservations for March (9 nites) through CRO (I think) ... just put down one nite's deposit.

Well I had since gotten a DC membership so thought I'd try to get a DC discount. First couple of times I was told that they did not have any availability for the discount. Third time they said they did and I put $100 down and rest is due 21 days prior to arrival (this was new for me and kind of took me off guard). They gave me a new reservation number and then had to transfer me to CRO to cancel my other reservation.

Too bad they can't do it like the old days where you just showed your DC card upon arrival to confirm eligibility for the discount!!!

What a mess ... I think they are just adding to their administrative costs ... or is this just a transition period?

I think 1-407-w-disney is the CRO number and the 800 number is the WDTC number.

manning, 1-407-w-disney seems to get you WDTC a lot of the time these days.

I just posted about my experience which is similar to April's. Having trouble reaching CRO, but don't want to book through WDTC because I'm waiting on codes. I got frustrated and decided to hold off. Whatever.

I've been lucky recently making a reservation and then changing it to a different resort and both times I got the "real CRO" with one night's deposit and the 5 day cancellation policy.

However, both times the cm's verefied my address and both times I got confirmation letters sent to my parent's address which I have not lived at since my wedding in 1994!! Disney had that address b/c we booked our honeymoon through CRO in '94. Thank goodness my parents still live at that address and just forwarded us our confirmation papers. This also isn't our first trip since '94. :( I guess the cm's just "blanked out" while I verefied my address!?! :(

Gi

DH called CRO's # last week to make our May ressies and the phone was answered WWTC he asked if this was CRO and was told no but if he wanted to make a Ressie they could do it he said no please transfer me to CRO, took saying that 2 x's before he got transfered.

I always call 407 WDISNEY. If I enter 3 nights or higher during the recorded message then I always get WDWTC. If I enter one or two nights I usually get CRO, but sometimes WDWTC. I usually start the conversation by saying ROOM ONLY about 12 times so they get it in there heads I don't want tickets or airfare, (but they ask anyway). I've also asked to be transferred to CRO, after they've just answered the phone saying "WDWTC", but they say "Oh, I can book that way also". "Oh great!", I say. :) What luck!!! LOL Then I make a ressie... OH, WAIT A SECOND, uhhhhhh why can't I get the 5 day cancellation??? Oooohhhh you're not really CRO are you? So you lied. Click. Call back.... repeat. LOL :)

Another problem...
EVERY time I call and give my zip code they say it isn't valid. Then I have to go into a whole song and dance about how this happens every time I call... yadda yadda yadda... and can they please fix the information in the computer... but they NEVER do!!!! :mad: So that means I get to repeat myself every time I call. Oh, and they have my husband as "MRS." so I also have to explain that EVERY time. Can they fix it? No, they can't fix anything. It's like the information is carved in stone and so they make me repeat it every dang time. :mad: Last name, zip code, oh that's an invalid zip code (yadda yadda), address, what's the city again?, are you sure that's your city?, first name, husband's name, no he's not a Mrs., Yes I'm sure, children's names, their ages, their birthdates, etc, etc, etc.... every time. :( All I want to do is check availability and rates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Can you tell I'm annoyed with this?? LOL ;)

I love calling Universal. You just give your name and they tell you all the rates you want. :) I like that. :)

I always call 407 WDISNEY. If I enter 3 nights or higher during the recorded message then I always get WDWTC. If I enter one or two nights I usually get CRO, but sometimes WDWTC. I usually start the conversation by saying ROOM ONLY about 12 times so they get it in there heads I don't want tickets or airfare, (but they ask anyway). I've also asked to be transferred to CRO, after they've just answered the phone saying "WDWTC", but they say "Oh, I can book that way also". "Oh great!", I say. :) What luck!!! LOL Then I make a ressie... OH, WAIT A SECOND, uhhhhhh why can't I get the 5 day cancellation??? Oooohhhh you're not really CRO are you? So you lied. Click. Call back.... repeat. LOL :)

Another problem...
EVERY time I call and give my zip code they say it isn't valid. Then I have to go into a whole song and dance about how this happens every time I call... yadda yadda yadda... and can they please fix the information in the computer... but they NEVER do!!!! :mad: So that means I get to repeat myself every time I call. Oh, and they have my husband as "MRS." so I also have to explain that EVERY time. Can they fix it? No, they can't fix anything. It's like the information is carved in stone and so they make me repeat it every dang time. :mad: Last name, zip code, oh that's an invalid zip code (yadda yadda), address, what's the city again?, are you sure that's your city?, first name, husband's name, no he's not a Mrs., Yes I'm sure, children's names, their ages, their birthdates, etc, etc, etc.... every time. :( All I want to do is check availability and rates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Can you tell I'm annoyed with this?? LOL ;)

I love calling Universal. You just give your name and they tell you all the rates you want. :) I like that. :)

I always call 407 WDISNEY. If I enter 3 nights or higher during the recorded message then I always get WDWTC. If I enter one or two nights I usually get CRO, but sometimes WDWTC.

I haven't made ressies in over a year so I am wondering at what point do you know you are talking with CRO instead of WDTC? I know some people have the experience of getting the CRO right off the bat without asking but how do you know you have them? Is it when they give you the cancellation policy info or do you ask them when they first come on the line, etc...? I am getting ready to make initial ressies for next January and will need to make them soon so we can start saving our $$ ahead of time.

Also--I know this is not the same subject but when I have made ressies in the past I had to make them and then I get transferred to something like "Special Requests" because DH is deaf and needs special equipment for the hearing impaired in our room--are they part of the CRO, WDTC or a seperate identity?

TIA!

Sometimes they'll answer the phone saying, "Walt Disney World Travel Company this is Steve how may I help you". Or something like that. But sometimes they don't.

You'll be able to figure out if you're talking to WDWTC because they'll want to book a package including airfare, tickets, transfers, etc. CRO usually doesn't mention that type of stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter