New policy as of 1/1/03??

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
A CM told me today that as of 1/1/03 all room only reservations that are 3 days or more will be handled by WDWTC and they only way to book with CRO is to stay 2 nights or less.

Is this true and why the heck are they doing that???? :confused:

I haven't heard that one! I have booked room-only reservations since 1/1 that are more than 3 nights and are in the CRO system. I know that eventually all Disney reservations will be through the WDTC system. But, I haven't heard that there were any set changes at this time.

I do know that certain bookings (i.e. travel industry) are now booked entirely in the WDTC system. YUCK!

I asked if she could switch over to CRO and make my reservation and she said "only if it's two nights or less". :confused:

That is really strange! I know that packages have to be 3 nights or more. But, I have never, ever heard of CRO being 2 nights or less. :confused: Could it be that you got through on the toll free WDTC number and the CM isn't cross-trained in the CRO computer? I've had that happen before. It is really strange that the person gave you that info.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I dialed the regular 407WDISNEY # but it seems everytime I call I get different info. I swear I've totally had it with them. :mad:

That is SUPER weird, Erika! You do get different info from different people and it can be very confusing. Just today, I had an issue with WDTC telling me that Disney Club reservations required a $200 deposit when I know for a fact that it is $100. Little things like that happen all the time. There should be more consistent answers!

I feel badly that you had to deal with this--paying long-distance no less! :rolleyes:

I know... it's crazy. :rolleyes:

I told dh we should just use a TA again but he wants to try and do it himself. MEN! :p

I think he sees it as a challenge. It's like playing CRO roulette. ;)

I was also told I needed to pay $200.00:confused: I told the second cm that it's 100.00 if your a dc club member which was already paid mind you. The reply I got was "Oh ok your right" :rolleyes:

You do get different info from different people and it can be very confusing
That is because turnover is very high. When you are in a constant state of training, things get mixed up.

When I called a couple days ago to ask about an AP rate for four nights I asked if I was talking to CRO and was assured I was. She booked our AP rate. Called the next day to confirm AP rate and cancel what I had booked on web site. Both calls went very smoothly. Guess I was lucky! (Knock on wood!)

Judy:D

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
A CM told me today that as of 1/1/03 all room only reservations that are 3 days or more will be handled by WDWTC and they only way to book with CRO is to stay 2 nights or less.

Is this true and why the heck are they doing that???? :confused:

That's not correct. I just booked a 4 night room only stay through CRO the other day.

I called the 800 DC # Fri to see if any disc. had become avail for upcoming stay. The reserv was for 2 nights, and I also was told, by the supervisor helping me (problems with the computer), that WDTC is not to be handling reserv. for less than 3 nights. That they now have to switch you to CRO.

I guess it all depends on the CM you speak with. Unfortunately I can't sit here calling CRO ten times a day trying to get what I want. As it is now I usually have to hang up and call back three times just to get someone who knows what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

I just returned this a.m. and made my plans for the weekend late Thurs. pm for 2 nights at the Poly Conc.. I was helped by the WDTC despite asking for CRO. I was told that I did not qualify for the DC discount since I was less than 48 hrs from arrival(by 2 CMs) which I did not know was a policy. I could still live with all this if they hadn't taken away the MK Surprise Morning on Sunday which we were counting on for our short weekend. Threehearts

I recently booked with WDTC and they are having a lot of problems. My trip is on the 24th of Jan and on December 26th I received a letter stating my reservation was going to be cancelled unless I called to pay in full. My confirms all said Jan 3rd. I called and told them as a DC memeber I had the 21 day cancel period. The CM I spoke to said she saw the DC number on the reservation and would mark it not to cancel. How many people did not call, thinking it was a mailing error and were cancelled?

They need to train a whole lot better.

On Mousesavers, Mary makes reference to the fact that about 200 new CM's were hired to man the phones at reservations, and that many of them are not fully aware of all the rules and regulations.

It sounds like several of you have been lucky enough:rolleyes: to get one of the new CM's!!!:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Well, today I got a very nice CM who was able to book 5 nights through CRO with the 5 days prior to arrival cancellation policy. HOORAY!!!! :) :)

I called this morning and booked my 9 day vacation for Nov. I was told that I needed $200 deposite and that the rest is due in Sept. It does not sound like CRO to me? The problem is I am AP holder but the rates for NOV are usually out in July. Now if I am right the disney club reservation can not be modified with AP rate!!! I just got on the phone and was told my old reservation is through disney travel company " 1-407-w-disney"and I had to make a new reservation and cancel the one that was done this morning to be able to change the rate later without having to cancel and rebook with CRO, and to be able to cancel up to 5 days prior, and pay at the balance at check in time. What a mess they have created?

Now if I am right the disney club reservation can not be modified with AP rate!!!

I modified mine..I leave Tuesday...at first I had a code, then I had the AP..I called through the DC free phone number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter