NEW Pictures of VGF from the Monorail taken 07-13

SCDizneyDawn

DIS Veteran
Hi!, I was able to snap a few pics from the monorail yesterday of the VGF construction!
There appears to be a cascading waterfall being put in on the back side of the Beach Pool, some of the standard view rooms will have a view of this.

Here they are!

close up of the new waterfall feature:

less magnification:

the building are the next few pics:

The waterfall with the building in view

Cant wait to see the finished building!

Dawn, thank you so much for sharing. These pictures are great. I don't even remember hearing about a waterfall. Pictures are helping to easy my impatience a little but boy October can't get here fast enough!

Dawn, thank you so much for sharing. These pictures are great. I don't even remember hearing about a waterfall. Pictures are helping to easy my impatience a little but boy October can't get here fast enough!

Your welcome!! I was surprised by the waterfall also!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. It is nice to see some additional finishes.

I think the lobby could be really nice from the early renderings. It will be great to see how that comes together as well.

We went lake view for our first two reservations just because we were worried about being disappointed with a poor standard view and having that be our first experience.

However, I am starting to think the standard views from several points might be good. It certainly would save a lot of points during peak seasons.

A little over 90 days until opening, they better get busy! :scared1:

:earsboy: Bill

No kidding! Wow, only 90 days. What a crazy 3 months to be that contractor.

BTW, I noticed the large chimney stakes in the center section. Large fireplaces in the lobby perhaps? I have not seen that detail in the lobby pictures.

Dumb question...

What is the structure being built (still just framed) in front of the building?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

Thanks for the pics.

Hey maybe there will be founding member tiles on the waterfall. :rolleyes1

One thing I noticed - those dormers on the top are not actual rooms like they are at GF. There was a question if they were balconies or just decorative.

This has me SOOOOO excited!!! :love: Thank you so much for taking these and posting them! I never heard of the waterfall either. A founders tile would be AWESOME!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter