"New" picnic tables in 1600

Disneefun

DIS Veteran
Just got back last night and the only thing of note was that 1600 is getting new picnic tables. Well, technically refurbished. The frames are still the same metal (you can see the rust), but the boards on top and for benches have been replaced.

We were in 1700 and watched them bring them by on forklifts every day. When we left, there were just a few sites on 1600 that hadn't been done. Hopefully all the full hookups will have this done as I can say that our table was well past its prime!

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting.

I noticed the last few trips that when I walked the sidewalk between the intersection by loop 1100/1200/1300 and the checkin/Outpost area, about a third of the way up on the left just into the woods was a dirt road with a lot of picnic tables (old ones) piled in a heap. Maybe they used these as their "buffer stock" to swap out the wood planks and then place on the site. That way the site wouldn't be without a table (which it would have if they had taken the table off, swapped the wood out, then put it back).

Maybe they'll get to all the other Tent/Full/Preferred loops with new wood. The Premiums have the square tables which were new only a few years ago since they went in when the Premiums went in.

Bama Ed

PS - reusing old hardware like that helps Disney keep their campsite rates nice and low, doesn't it? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter