New Owner - Point Use Question

PrincessPauline

Earning My Ears
So I just got my closing paperwork email... YAY!!!!! I have a December use year and am wondering about how the point system works for booking. If I would like to book in 2022, do I have to wait until December point allocations or can I book those points without them being appointed yet. I'd like to book soon as possible using an 11 month window but if I have to wait until December then the booking options will be limited. I haven't received my membership number yet so I can't look and determine this answer for myself. Thanks for your help my new DVC membership brothers and sisters!!! SO EXCITED!!!

So I just got my closing paperwork email... YAY!!!!! I have a December use year and am wondering about how the point system works for booking. If I would like to book in 2022, do I have to wait until December point allocations or can I book those points without them being appointed yet. I'd like to book soon as possible using an 11 month window but if I have to wait until December then the booking options will be limited. I haven't received my membership number yet so I can't look and determine this answer for myself. Thanks for your help my new DVC membership brothers and sisters!!! SO EXCITED!!!

You can book your 2022 vacation, using your Dec 2021 points they will be available as soon as your contract is loaded into the system. You could actually borrow up to 50% of your Dec 2022 points for a 2022 vacation. The system works off of your check in date, not the date you book the vacation.

It's all really intuitive. I recommend since you have a Dec UY, celebrate new years day 11 months later than normal people. That way you won't get confused. ;)
Seriously though, read that tutorial that's linked in the last post.

Use year determines which points are used for a reservation. It has nothing to do with when you can book.

Rules to remember:

Regardless of use year, and as long as there is availability, you can always reserve your home resort at 11-months out from date of arrival and another DVC resort at 7-months out from date of arrival.

Use year simply determines which points get used. In determining that issue, look only to the time you will actually be at WDW and wipe from your mind the date you make the reservation. The "current" use year points for a trip are the ones in the use year during which the trip actually occurs. You can also use points from the prior use year if, and only if, they have been banked, and, if needed, you can borrow points from the use year that occurs after the use year during which your trip takes place. Example: it is now July 31, 2021 and assume you have a February use year and want to reserve your home resort for time in June 2022. You could make that reservation today and use "current" use year points from the use year that begins Feb 2022, banked points from the Feb 2021 use year, and borrowed points from the Feb 2023 use year.

And don't forget about banking points before they can no longer be banked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter