New Orleans Jan 31 PATs

DisneyCowgirl

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the earliest port arrival time is for this sailing? All Aboard is 8pm.

And if anyone knows why this one is leaving so late, we haven't seen an answer about that other than maybe it has to do with being first sailing out of New Orleans this year, which doesn't make sense by itself.

The earliest PAT is 3 pm.

This cruise leaves so late, because the cruise before this one ends in Galveston on Jan 31st. Don’t know why they didn’t plan a repositioning cruise.

This cruise leaves so late, because the cruise before this one ends in Galveston on Jan 31st. Don’t know why they didn’t plan a repositioning cruise.
I thought the cruise before the NOLA 31st was a 4 night leaving Galveston on the 26th? That would have them back in Galveston on the 30th.

I see it listed as leaving Galveston on Jan 30 as a reposition non-revenue cruise without guests. It should arrive in Galveston the morning of the 30th.

Right, on the 30th and not 31st. But that’s the reason why the PAT is later than usual.
Maybe I'm just tired but that makes no sense. I would think if they arrive back in Galveston on the 30th, they should be able to be in NOLA in less than a day. It may still be a little later for all aboard but 8PM seems too late. We are on this cruise and they haven't communicated jack regarding how this will affect dining, etc...

Probably going to be a mess as first cruise out of that port and have to get dock side staff trained. Looked at that cruise, but didn't want to deal with a nightmare first day so booked later in February, hopefully check-in will go smooth after staff is trained.

Maybe I'm just tired but that makes no sense. I would think if they arrive back in Galveston on the 30th, they should be able to be in NOLA in less than a day. It may still be a little later for all aboard but 8PM seems too late. We are on this cruise and they haven't communicated jack regarding how this will affect dining, etc...
We were on the first cruise out of NOLA last year and this too happened to our sailing. It was delayed departure until 8 pm. Dinner was still in the dining room. Sail away party was not in NOLA but was instead done after leaving one of the ports.

It could be related to an inspection DCL anticipates. I don't know if inspections are typical the first cruise out of a port, or NOLA in particular.
It could be DCL is giving CMs a chance to go ashore for a bit in the new port. Thus leaving later than usual.
It could be training of the dock/port staff.
I don't know anything about the NOLA port -- is it possible they are sharing dock space and unable to actually position to board sooner? With an earliest PAT at 3pm, it sounds like they won't be in position or approved to accept passengers late morning as usual, thus pushing out All Aboard.

I am sailing on this cruise and have a transfer booked through Disney from MSY to the port. Does anyone have experience with this works? I mean, how often do busses leave, is embarkation more or less difficult then driving to the port?

I am sailing on this cruise and have a transfer booked through Disney from MSY to the port. Does anyone have experience with this works? I mean, how often do busses leave, is embarkation more or less difficult then driving to the port?
What??!!!? You're sailing on this cruise? Who is taking care of your kids? :rotfl:

Because it would violate the PVSA. A foreign-flagged ship cannot transport passengers from one US port to a different US port without a stop in a distant foreign port. A distant foreign port is one that's NOT in North America, Central America, the Bermuda Islands, or the West Indies (including the Bahama Islands, but not including the Leeward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, i.e., Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao). There's no distant foreign port reachable in that short a cruise.

Right,
Because it would violate the PVSA. A foreign-flagged ship cannot transport passengers from one US port to a different US port without a stop in a distant foreign port. A distant foreign port is one that's NOT in North America, Central America, the Bermuda Islands, or the West Indies (including the Bahama Islands, but not including the Leeward Islands of the Netherlands Antilles, i.e., Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao). There's no distant foreign port reachable in that short a cruise.
Right, I was just wondering why they didn’t plan a longer repositioning cruise (more than 1 night). They seem to do it with all other repositionings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter