• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW, non-owner, need suggestions for Dec for 4

jeffberk

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Im new at this and just learned about "renting" points yesterday. So here's the questions:
1) any suggestions on where to stay if we are most interested in the Animal King. and Epcot?;
2) is it too late for December 17-23 (we need 4-5 days in that range).
3) how does a DVC room differ from a hotel room at a typical Disney resort? We've stayed in Port Orleans many years ago I think.
4) any special suggestions for a famly with a 10 and 17 yr old?
thanks much for helping out a newbe
Jeff

1)the AK is bus transportation only - so the resort doesn't matter.

Epcot - you can walk to Epcot from both BCV and BWV.

that say.

2) don't know - will check later if no one else does.

3)the studios at BWV/BCV is one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa.

the studio at OKW is two queen beds.

they differ from POR besides the size of the bed, they have a balcony, micowave, under the counter refrigerator, toaster, coffee-maker, plus 4 glasses, 2 coffee mugs, enough papper stuff for at least one meal.

the POR has 2 double beds.

4) teens seem to like BWV.

I just called member services (MS) and the only DVC resort with availability during your time-frame (12/17-12/23) is SSR (Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa). They have a studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom available so you could take your pick. You can always get one of these reserved and then ask the DVC member to put you on a waitlist for any or all of the remaining resorts.

DVC resort rooms are MUCH different than the typical hotel room.

The studios come with the following:

Kitchenette with microwave, mini-refrigerator, wet bar and coffee maker
Queen-size bed
Double-size sleeper sofa
TV
Private porch or balcony
Here's a link to the SSR studio floor plan:http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...resorts/saratogaSprings/floorPlans/studio.jpg

The one-bedroom comes with the following:

Master suite with king-size bed and whirlpool tub
Queen-size sleeper sofa in living room
TV & DVD player
Fully equipped kitchen
Stacked washer/dryer
Private porch or balcony
SSR 1 br Floor plan: http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...rts/saratogaSprings/floorPlans/onebedroom.jpg

The two-bedroom comes with the following:

Master suite with king-size bed and whirlpool tub
Separate bedroom with private bath and either one queen-size bed and queen-size sleeper sofa or two queen-size beds
Double-size sleeper sofa in living room
TV & DVD player
Fully equipped kitchen
Stacked washer/dryer
Private porch or balcony
SSR 2br Floor Plan:http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...rts/saratogaSprings/floorPlans/twobedroom.jpg

Points costs at SSR for your stay (12/17-12/23) are as follows:
studio--76pts
1 bedroom--152pts
2 bedroom--200pts

If you go 12/18-12/23, the points are as follows (Fri and Sat night points costs are almost double the Sun-Thur night points cost):
studio--55pts
1 bedroom--110pts
2 bedroom--145pts

Doesn't sound like this will work for my situation. My 17 yr old daughter is not about to sleep in the same bed as my 10 yr old son so I'm going to need something like a bed for us and then a second bed and a pull-out for my kids. The option of a 2 bedroom unit is out of my price range at the above location.

Is a floorplan like this available at any of the DVC properties? If so, any chance of an opening for my vacation (5 days or so btwn Dec 17 and Dec 23?).

thanks
Jeff

The only DVC resort with availability right now is SSR. I had the MS agent check all WDW DVC resorts.

The floor plans are all very similar at all of the resorts and SSR is cheaper than all of the other resorts except OKW.

Since it appears that you will need at least three beds, you may be better off getting two hotel rooms (or one hotel room and a roll-away bed). Or you can go with the one bedroom villa and bring an air matress along (DVC resorts don't supply roll-away beds in the studios or villas).

Good luck with the planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter