New Monsieur Paul cancellation policy--WOW!

Disney has made exceptions to their no-show policy in the past when there is a good reason for cancellation and I expect they will continue to do so. We missed a Skipper Canteen reservation earlier this year due to a severe delay in our arriving flight and I did a chat on the app where they agreed to waive the no-show fee.
I hope so for people who make a reservation and something happens they can't go. $100 cancellation is a steep price to pay at theme park restaurant.
Actually that reminds me that our flight was delayed one year too and they did not charge us either.

Growing up in the 80's Nancy Regan taught me to just say NO. While a simplistic message I think that lesson applies in this case.
justsayno.jpg

I think that goes along with what I said above. They’d blocked out a table for 4, but when only 2 showed up, they lost 2 dinners they couldn’t then make up. If it been a party of 4 and 3 showed up, maybe it might have been different because a table for 3 and 4 is the same...not for 2 and 4
Actually, a table for 2 often is a 4-top. It depends on server sections where 2 people will be seated sometimes as well as how many 2-tops the restaurant has. We're often seated at 4-tops even though we had a for-2 ADR. In fact, more often than we get a 2-top.

Disney restaurants are so crazy busy and most serve quite ordinary dishes so that making up for no-shows can't be that big a loss unless a 6 or more party completely fails to cancel or show.

The problem for diners can lie in failing to read or understand a specific restaurant's cancellation policy, communicated in the confirmation email. Disney-owned restaurants are generally very accommodating. Non-Disney-owned ones may not be.

I agree but also Read the fine print cause things change daily when it involves Disney money.

Actually, a table for 2 often is a 4-top. It depends on server sections where 2 people will be seated sometimes as well as how many 2-tops the restaurant has. We're often seated at 4-tops even though we had a for-2 ADR. In fact, more often than we get a 2-top.

Disney restaurants are so crazy busy and most serve quite ordinary dishes so that making up for no-shows can't be that big a loss unless a 6 or more party completely fails to cancel or show.

The problem for diners can lie in failing to read or understand a specific restaurant's cancellation policy, communicated in the confirmation email. Disney-owned restaurants are generally very accommodating. Non-Disney-owned ones may not be.

Good points!

I agree that people need to go into this with eyes wide open....

Have prepaid in full including 20% tip recently at restaurant with a similar policy for a sushi tasting menu. Fortunately none of us came down with any mystery illness, were not delayed in traffic, had no natural disaster or catastrophe delay us and we were able to enjoy 17 courses of yummy without drama and tipped our drink waitress some additional cash.
I don't mind paying for quality service and food and if this is what it takes to get an ADR I'll take the risk.

Well, it's a starting place for sure.

This restaurant is not Disney owned and I wouldn't be too quick to apply Disney customer service on cancel/no shows to them. They are part of a high end restaurant group, I'm sure shop almost daily for ingredients and no shows are probably very costly. If I were to book it for sure it would be exact number going.

We have to remember that most Epcot restaurants are not owned by Disney and have their own set of rules. Take that into consideration when booking.

Personally, I have no issue with it because of the type of restaurant it is. There are plenty of "entertainment/dining" experiences that are no refunds and I just toss that in that category.

Sorry to be so vague…I just remember reading that NO Show & wanted to remind people to always read the fine print.

Recently needed to make a reservation for All Stars and the entire payment was required . I’m used to paying a one night deposit with WDW … so I backed out and just booked one night instead .
But it was something different and caught my attention.
I know this is standard for the WDW Travel Company but not for just a room reservation.
NowadaysWho knows .
I also started to notice a 6 night cancel penalty versus the traditional 5 night .
Remember when it was Day of before 6 p.m. ….?
They probably were trying to book it as a package instead of a room only reservation. Room only is one night room and tax at booking and remainder paid at check in. The packages are required to be paid in full 30 days out or something like that.

If you really want to make a room only reservation, easiest way to do it is on the WDW website.

Second Comment to Echo: This is an independently owned restaurant so they set a lot of their own policies. I also would think someone who is willing to pay 200, 300, 400 dollars for a dinner isn't too worried about a 100 dollar contingency to make the reservation. 100 bucks is a lot to most of us. To some its a drop in the bathtub.

They probably were trying to book it as a package instead of a room only reservation. Room only is one night room and tax at booking and remainder paid at check in. The packages are required to be paid in full 30 days out or something like that.

If you really want to make a room only reservation, easiest way to do it is on the WDW website.

Second Comment to Echo: This is an independently owned restaurant so they set a lot of their own policies. I also would think someone who is willing to pay 200, 300, 400 dollars for a dinner isn't too worried about a 100 dollar contingency to make the reservation. 100 bucks is a lot to most of us. To some its a drop in the bathtub.
$100 PER PERSON - that adds up if you aren’t getting anything for it.

I suppose they could make it prepay with no refund xx hours out. I think that would make more sense.

A glance at several cancellation threads will show that people often book the same restaurant for several days during their trip because they don't want to make a commitment until their trip us closer. Hopefully, this will prevent cases of reservation hoarding.

I recently read reports that the cancel policy has been changed in other ways.
Somebody posted they arrived and had a reservation for 4 but only 2 needed and they were charged a No show for the 2 no shows.
I guess read all the fine print before you agree since they have credit card info.
I believe that was only for dining packages like candle light or fire work, specialty packages

$100 PER PERSON - that adds up if you aren’t getting anything for it.

I suppose they could make it prepay with no refund xx hours out. I think that would make more sense.
Again... Based on your response the number is High to you and I. I would never consider making a reservation that had that kind of penalty associated.

As crazy as the number seems, they've got to account for people not showing up somehow.

Again... Based on your response the number is High to you and I. I would never consider making a reservation that had that kind of penalty associated.

As crazy as the number seems, they've got to account for people not showing up somehow.
I was just stating that it isn't $100 per reservation but $100 per person on that reservation. Even the Disney family that doesn't have a budget might cringe at a $500-600 penalty for skipping their reservation. Could get ugly.

Yes I think it's very high but I'm fine with it. Given I think the restaurant is overpriced I wouldn't book it anyway. BUT because I'm sure they get stiffed often, I don't blame them given the losses they take. But the question is will they stand by their policy or not enforce it like so much at Disney? I hope they do. IF I get sick and can't go to a concert or Broadway play they don't give me my money back. They can't suddenly sell that seat. It is up to me to get someone to go in my place or eat it.

Sorry M Paul - you are no V & A. Unless there is a dramatic overhaul - I can’t imagine why you would sign up for this.

This is the same cancellation policy as 3 Michelin star Per Se. Bold move lol.
Per Se- I love that restaurant. We like to eat there before we head out for overseas vacations. V & A's is no Per Se either, in my opinion.

edited to add- in my opinion

Last edited:
I can think of plenty of high end steakhouses and restaurants in my area that don't charge a cancellation fee of any kind. If the restaurant is in that high of demand there will be plenty of people willing to swoop in as walk ups.

This is nothing more than a money grab... because they can.

A glance at several cancellation threads will show that people often book the same restaurant for several days during their trip because they don't want to make a commitment until their trip us closer. Hopefully, this will prevent cases of reservation hoarding.
That’s the reason Disney implemented the $10 pp no-show fee in the first place. Guests were making multiple ADRs in different restaurants and deciding at the time where to eat, not canceling the ADRs, simply not showing up.

And people are still hoarding ADRs, waiting until the day before to cancel them. That’s why availability often shows up a day or two before.

Just read on a different site that the price will be $175 pp. not sure if that includes tax and gratuity…probably not. This used to be the best restaurant on site in my opinion. (have not been to V & A and probably never will). It was always in our plans, every trip….especially loved using the Tables in Wonderland card there. But when they started accepting the dining plan there, things went downhill. We enjoyed getting dressed for a nice dinner in a nice, elegant quiet place. I did not enjoy seeing tank tops and hairy armpits. The staff became more harrie. This new menu and cancellation policy is fine with me. I understand the need. This is a two hour meal. its Very reminiscent of the regional lunch they used to have during F & W which apparently are not occurring again this year. I’m looking forward to dining there.

I have no problem with those terms.

If we make an ADR we fully intend on using it.

Maybe we’re just lucky but we really never have a lot of ‘last minute emergencies.’

If we did have an emergency where we couldn’t show up, I’m sure it would be so serious that I wouldn’t even be giving my penalty a second thought.

I can think of plenty of high end steakhouses and restaurants in my area that don't charge a cancellation fee of any kind. If the restaurant is in that high of demand there will be plenty of people willing to swoop in as walk ups.

This is nothing more than a money grab... because they can.
Yup. Totally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter