• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Mexico to the Fort

DL55

More time than money
Hi everyone! I thought I would talk about our upcoming trip to the Fort. Leaving in two days!:drive:

This will be our second trip, the first was 6 years ago with a pop up without AC at the beginning of May. We had a great time of course. :) Unfortunately 2 months later the pop up collapsed while preparing for another trip. :(

So this will be our first trip with our trailer (with AC).

It is 1800 miles from our home to the fort. Since we are retired it is going to take us close to two weeks to get to Orlando. The big reasons are 1) golf - husband insists on checking out golf courses 2) no hurry, don't like to drive more than 6 hours at a time. We like to relax a bit.

It always seems like forever to cross Texas. lol We are spending 3 nights near Austin and 3 more near Mobile. with one night stands in between. ;) Another one night stand then we will be staying at Lake Magic while we checkout Universal for 3 days. Then 7 nights at the Fort! We will mosey on back home after watching the Players golf tournament.

Hoping for good weather. Due to hail we have new vents and AC cover. Since we were on the roof we added vent covers. Wheel bearings repacked and new brakes this year, new tires on trailer and truck last year. I think we are ready.

We will have a full hook up site. Not requesting anything special. Last time we had 1521 which we liked. This time the walk to the pool will be longer. :squirrel:

Title should say FORT ugh

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Thanks for "bringing" us along.

Enjoy the adventure!

It sounds like a great trip. I would really like to stop and spend time in some of the places you are.

j

I can't wait for the time when I can take the Leisurely trip cross country... Is my jealousy showing? :o

I hope you have a wonderful trip and will be happy to follow along with it. :D

I can't wait for the time when I can take the Leisurely trip cross country... Is my jealousy showing? :o

I hope you have a wonderful trip and will be happy to follow along with it. :D
I agree with peg110, I am jealous you get to take the leisurely approach to getting to the Fort. For now our trips are planned around our daughter's teaching semester (their college courses go year-round) and we babysit her youngest. Of course Grandma and Grandpa treat the family to WDW which involves daughter's family flying in to meet us and us all staying a week. We usually stay 2 nights on the road before arriving and we are traveling from approximately 1 hour east of Toronto, Ontario. Have fun and enjoy the sites on your trek - one day (in a couple of years) we'll be able to do the same.

Thanks everyone. We were busy cleaning the truck and house today. I like to come home to a clean (but dusty) house.

We are towing with a '07 Titan, the trailer is a '12 Bullet 246RBS. It has a U shaped dinette but the bench next to the door doesn't have a back. It's great for tossing stuff inside without going in or a quick sit to take off shoes.

We have our FastPasses for the first 5 days but when I got to the sixth day I hit the wall. I couldn't make myself pick a park so it may be interesting when we get there. I made ADRs for a few places, one is Ohanas. Even 180 days out I still couldn't get one until our fifth day. It had better be good. ;)

Thanks everyone. We were busy cleaning the truck and house today. I like to come home to a clean (but dusty) house.

We are towing with a '07 Titan, the trailer is a '12 Bullet 246RBS. It has a U shaped dinette but the bench next to the door doesn't have a back. It's great for tossing stuff inside without going in or a quick sit to take off shoes.

We have our FastPasses for the first 5 days but when I got to the sixth day I hit the wall. I couldn't make myself pick a park so it may be interesting when we get there. I made ADRs for a few places, one is Ohanas. Even 180 days out I still couldn't get one until our fifth day. It had better be good. ;)
Howdy DL55. We have stayed in the full hookup category many times, always in the 1800 loop. It seams a bit more quiet and roomy. If you dont have the book The Next Exit i hughly recommend it. It is easy to follow your route on interstate highways and know where all the rv friendly gas stations are, or anything else needed near the exits. We have had dinner and breakfast many times at Ohanas. Love it. HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter