New menu at the Yacht Club's Crew Cup Lounge

Can you make this clickable? I can't read it and I can't find it on the resorts board.

* I found it on the resorts board and I can't read it there, either :rotfl2: getting old.

So...I was just there on Friday. Didn't know it was a new menu. Actually was our 1st time there as we usually go to Marth's Vineyard. Did Crew Cup just recently reopen? It had been closed since covid...I thought.

Anyway, I have a story about our visit. First I will say service, drinks and food was really good for us. We enjoyed it. Got the meatballs and truffle fries. Very yummy. But, next to us at the bar was the most Karen who ever Karened (sorry to all the Karens out there). I can't say on here what this lady really was so I will use the term Karen. Lol.

She was reading and had a water when we arrived. Then she ordered food and glass of wine. We heard her be very specific when ordering, trying to Uber customize. She wanted the steak with peppercorn. She wanted something other than potatoes and he explained they were unable (its all together, beef tips and sauce on the potatoes in one dish). She wanted well done and he said they don't do a temperature for this dish and she said "why, is it not not grilled but microwaved or something". And he said that it's braised. She seemed confused and said "but I don't want any pink at all" and he said there won't be.

He brought her salad and she actually said...this is really small. He walked away. She started to cut it up (it was like big lettuce leaves and a half egg and some other stuff, all deconstructed like). And she looked at the egg and yelled across the bar..." I thought this was supposed to he a hard boiled egg". He said it is and they brulee the top. She was like huh. He said they flame the top. She was like "so there's not yolk" meaning raw yolk. He said no.

Then out come her braised beef tips by a runner who puts down and leaves. She looks at it and pokes it with fork and yells across the bar...."this is disgusting, take it away, I need something else, I can't eat this, disgusting, not pink but red". He quietly takes it away and hands her a menu to see what she wants instead. She says "I am just irritable now, I am so hungry". He goes back to kitchen and comes back with the bread app and says he is giving her this on the house and starts to tell her what it is...she interrupts " is there garlic on this, I don't eat garlic". At this point my husband and I were feeling such second hand embarrassment that we we very actively looking away to other side of room and jaws dropped in shock. We got our drinks to go and paid our bill leaving him an extra hefty tip and left. So we didn't see what the heck else she griped about. No wonder she was alone, she is unbearable. All I kept thinking was...lady, read the menu!

Last edited:
I was so excited for the return of the prime rib sliders ! 🧐😳😡

Desperately miss those fantastic sliders. So sad when no longer on the menu. Darn.
The sliders and the burger were some of my fave meals on property. Guess I will have to go to Steakhouse 71 for the latter now. :(

Anyone know if you can get mac & cheese? It's been YEARS since the last time we were at Crew's Cup, and my husband is dying to get back there. Problem is, it's been YEARS and we now have kids 😂 I thought maybe since they share a kitchen with Yachtsman though, we might get lucky and be able to order them some mac and cheese...

So...I was just there on Friday. Didn't know it was a new menu. Actually was our 1st time there as we usually go to Marth's Vineyard. Did Crew Cup just recently reopen? It had been closed since covid...I thought.

Anyway, I have a story about our visit. First I will say service, drinks and food was really good for us. We enjoyed it. Got the meatballs and truffle fries. Very yummy. But, next to us at the bar was the most Karen who ever Karened (sorry to all the Karens out there). I can't say on here what this lady really was so I will use the term Karen. Lol.

She was reading and had a water when we arrived. Then she ordered food and glass of wine. We heard her be very specific when ordering, trying to Uber customize. She wanted the steak with peppercorn. She wanted something other than potatoes and he explained they were unable (its all together, beef tips and sauce on the potatoes in one dish). She wanted well done and he said they don't do a temperature for this dish and she said "why, is it not not grilled but microwaved or something". And he said that it's braised. She seemed confused and said "but I don't want any pink at all" and he said there won't be.

He brought her salad and she actually said...this is really small. He walked away. She started to cut it up (it was like big lettuce leaves and a half egg and some other stuff, all deconstructed like). And she looked at the egg and yelled across the bar..." I thought this was supposed to he a hard boiled egg". He said it is and they brulee the top. She was like huh. He said they flame the top. She was like "so there's not yolk" meaning raw yolk. He said no.

Then out come her braised beef tips by a runner who puts down and leaves. She looks at it and pokes it with fork and yells across the bar...."this is disgusting, take it away, I need something else, I can't eat this, disgusting, not pink but red". He quietly takes it away and hands her a menu to see what she wants instead. She says "I am just irritable now, I am so hungry". He goes back to kitchen and comes back with the bread app and says he is giving her this on the house and starts to tell her what it is...she interrupts " is there garlic on this, I don't eat garlic". At this point my husband and I were feeling such second hand embarrassment that we we very actively looking away to other side of room and jaws dropped in shock. We got our drinks to go and paid our bill leaving him an extra hefty tip and left. So we didn't see what the heck else she griped about. No wonder she was alone, she is unbearable. All I kept thinking was...lady, read the menu!

I'm sorry, but I would have been laughing so hard at this that I would have to excuse myself to the restroom before I wet myself. This is too good.

Thanks for the intel on the meatballs! Sounds good!

This can't be true; my mother-in-law was in Houston on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter