• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

So can anyone confirm yet what time BOG PPO people are allowed into Fantasyland? On our prior trips, we were typically ushered into the 7DMT queue at 7:50, about five minutes before the rope-droppers seemed to arrive. I would be so grateful for anyone who knows how it's working now!

We had a PPO reservation for BoG this morning - here's how it went.

When we checked in at the front of the park, we were given a piece of paper with a map of Main Street/Fantasyland on it and location indicators for BoG, CRT, and our second check-in point (to the left of the castle). We were let in with everyone else in line (incl. EMM) at 7:45 on the dot. We had originally planned on heading straight to BoG, but we noticed that the area in front of the castle was pretty much empty and the PP photographer closest to the castle only had one group in line. Everyone else had either stayed back on Main Street or gone ahead to breakfast.

After getting some pictures, we headed to the left and a CM checked our breakfast paper. BoG was pretty empty the whole time we were there, as opposed to how packed it was on the same Tuesday last year at the same time. At about 8:35, we went to 7DMT where there was a short line along the fence before you make the right turn to the ride (there was a CM there to hold people back).

We heard two announcements for the castle show ("in just five minutes" and "in just a few minutes") and at 8:45, they let us in to the 7DMT standby queue. By the time we got off, everyone else had already been let in and the line was long, as expected.

I don't think the new morning show affected our PPO "perks" in any way. If anything, the park felt less busy because everyone dispersed quickly.

Just watched the live stream from The DIS, and i'll be honest, I was kinda disappointed with the show. What happened to the family of the day? The big entrances? The catchy music?

The show just seems a mish mash of characters, songs and a kinda "meh" opening. Rather underwhelmed by it. What are your thoughts on the new show?

Where was Cinderella? and the other princes? I only saw Aladdin-- or did I miss something?

They could have the princesses and the characters singing the good morning song and most magical place on earth song. Or they could have had the existing dance troupe just wear Fantasyland costumes.

Instead we get the visual equivalent to that "womp womp" noise they play on the price is right when a contestant loses.

Agree with this fully. Hopefully they will "plus it" soon.

We had a PPO reservation for BoG this morning - here's how it went.

When we checked in at the front of the park, we were given a piece of paper with a map of Main Street/Fantasyland on it and location indicators for BoG, CRT, and our second check-in point (to the left of the castle). We were let in with everyone else in line (incl. EMM) at 7:45 on the dot. We had originally planned on heading straight to BoG, but we noticed that the area in front of the castle was pretty much empty and the PP photographer closest to the castle only had one group in line. Everyone else had either stayed back on Main Street or gone ahead to breakfast.

After getting some pictures, we headed to the left and a CM checked our breakfast paper. BoG was pretty empty the whole time we were there, as opposed to how packed it was on the same Tuesday last year at the same time. At about 8:35, we went to 7DMT where there was a short line along the fence before you make the right turn to the ride (there was a CM there to hold people back).

We heard two announcements for the castle show ("in just five minutes" and "in just a few minutes") and at 8:45, they let us in to the 7DMT standby queue. By the time we got off, everyone else had already been let in and the line was long, as expected.

I don't think the new morning show affected our PPO "perks" in any way. If anything, the park felt less busy because everyone dispersed quickly.

Thank you that's very helpful info. I'm hoping more keep coming in :)

Why couldn't they have modified the existing show? They could have kept the Good Morning song and the most Magical Place on Earth song as well as the dancers.
I have not seen the show in person yet but based on the videos, quite underwhelming.
The train station show, music/dancing is very popular. The same show, minus the train, with characters entering from backstage would have been fine.

Ok so now Main Street will be open an hour early? That means if we had a BOG adr for 8:05 when the park opens at 9 we probably won't have an empty Main Street anymore :crazy2:. The new show was pretty bad IMO. The old shop got me exited this show was like -hey another stage show - fireworks/characters -your welcome-. Zero creativity/originality it felt just like another show to light up the castle or that I had seen many times before.

Any word on what the lines are like if you want to buy breakfast? Our plan is to arrive at 8 and eat breakfast on Main Street while we wait for the show. Since we've never seen the old show, we'll be happy with the new one. :)

Am also curious if anyone did EMM today and can report back how it worked. Our first MK day we're doing EMM - the second we'll be sipping coffee and watching the show. :)

Does anyone know if guest services is open? It would be really nice to get that over with before official opening. How about the firehouse to get Sorcerers cards?

Any word on what the lines are like if you want to buy breakfast? Our plan is to arrive at 8 and eat breakfast on Main Street while we wait for the show. Since we've never seen the old show, we'll be happy with the new one. :)

Am also curious if anyone did EMM today and can report back how it worked. Our first MK day we're doing EMM - the second we'll be sipping coffee and watching the show. :)
I'm curious about EMM too - if the crowd free time is shortened at all. Since that is the entire reason for paying for it, I want to have my whole hour!

So I'll be able to go tomorrow morning
Some questions have been answered already but I'll ask them again, here's what I got:

1.- Check if people with dinning/tours get in before 8am
2.- Ask how the will handle EMH guests
3.- Take pictures of ropes before each land
4,- Take picture of Main Street as soon as they let me in and also around 8:30am
5.- Check how long the line is for Starbucks
6.- Ask at Casey's if breakfast is permanent and take pictures of what is offered
7.-Check what is really open on Main Street

I think that's it right?

I'm curious about EMM too - if the crowd free time is shortened at all. Since that is the entire reason for paying for it, I want to have my whole hour!
Post 501 on this page has some info on this

Just watched the video of new MK opening. And i for one am totally sad and underwhelmed.:(

It just seems like it,s one of the regular castle shows.
Why couldn't they have Incorporated the "Welcome Welcome Welcome song and dancers. That would have at least made up for loss of the train and all it's anticipation.

So sad :confused3

Some questions have been answered already but I'll ask them again, here's what I got:

1.- Check if people with dining/tours get in before 8am
4,- Take picture of Main Street as soon as they let me in and also around 8:30am
6.- Ask at Casey's if breakfast is permanent and take pictures of what is offered

I think that's it right?

I'm exhausted just reading the list.

I think that's it right?

You are awesome! That is a big list - you might have to fortify yourself with a hash brown dog!

I think that's it right?
That's awesome!
You're the best!

I think that's it right?

:thanks::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter