New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Good morning, NJ DVC fam!

Bit of a ruckus on distwitter (not really, but I had to step in when I usually ignore stuff lol). A conversation in response to Boardwalk Deli menu, specifically NJ's famous crumb cake. People saying they've:
  • never heard of crumb cake, and;
  • if they have heard of it, it must be from NY/Long Island
I have never typed faster. Invited all of twitter to come on down to my hometown of Clifton and enjoy Styertowne Bakery's finest crumb cake and crumb buns, and cease the NJ crumb cake slander. It's one of the things we do best in our state and I'm hella proud of it.

Anyways, had to share. Hope y'all are staying cool and can enjoy some state-famous crumb cake soon! 😄

@kristenabelle I grew up in Newark/Irvington area and we sure had delicious crumb buns! Now, here in Cape May, may bakeries seem to have forgotten how it was done. We are very far from Clifton, but glad to know somewhere the crumb bun tradition is still being enjoyed.

Bit of a ruckus on distwitter (not really, but I had to step in when I usually ignore stuff lol). A conversation in response to Boardwalk Deli menu, specifically NJ's famous crumb cake. People saying they've:
I have never typed faster. Invited all of twitter to come on down to my hometown of Clifton and enjoy Styertowne Bakery's finest crumb cake and crumb buns, and cease the NJ crumb cake slander. It's one of the things we do best in our state and I'm hella proud of it.

Anyways, had to share. Hope y'all are staying cool and can enjoy some state-famous crumb cake soon! 😄
I bet most of the people saying this are not New Jersey natives! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life! I practically grew up on crumb cake from various bakeries!!! 😂

Whaaaattttttt 🙀

Never heard of crumb cake?? What a sad existence they must be living. And yeah, crumb cake is HUGE in NJ, especially here at the Jersey Shore. Forget NY lol. Mike's Crumb Cake in Brick is DELICIOUS as are many others in the area! I also make my own crumb cake (with extra crumb of course) and my family thinks it's better than many of the bakeries!

Whaaaattttttt 🙀

Never heard of crumb cake?? What a sad existence they must be living. And yeah, crumb cake is HUGE in NJ, especially here at the Jersey Shore. Forget NY lol. Mike's Crumb Cake in Brick is DELICIOUS as are many others in the area! I also make my own crumb cake (with extra crumb of course) and my family thinks it's better than many of the bakeries!
Mikes is SO GOOD! Way better than the always raved about Muellers. Might have to make the drive over there for breakfast.

Had no idea crumb cake was such an NJ-specific thing. Will have to add to my list, I also recently learned the term pocketbook is north east specific as well.

Mikes is SO GOOD! Way better than the always raved about Muellers. Might have to make the drive over there for breakfast.

Had no idea crumb cake was such an NJ-specific thing. Will have to add to my list, I also recently learned the term pocketbook is north east specific as well.
My Grandma always called her purse a pocketbook! 😊

I bet most of the people saying this are not New Jersey natives! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life! I practically grew up on crumb cake from various bakeries!!! 😂
There's a bagel place up in Sparta that has some of the best around. As a kid always remembered the large trays of crumb cake front and center at the local bakery.

I've been eating crumb cake from various Jersey bakeries all my life, if they're trying to rep New Jersey deli food they better learn about Taylor pork roll PDQ.:rotfl2:

I agree about Mike's vs Muellers! I wasn't that impressed with Muellers, I forget why though.

And I didn't know pocketbook was a northeast term! My grandma always called it that, and I find myself still calling it that sometimes but try not to as I thought it was just old fashioned. :D

😂 I don’t eat it!! I’m actually a bacon girl… but I love busting chops when I hear someone call it Pork Roll!! I know right away they’re from South Jersey 😏
Haha I don't eat it anymore either! I used to though. And I am from the Monmouth County shore area, where we consider ourselves CENTRAL jersey! South jersey is like Barnegat and down lol. But that is another hot button topic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter