New Jazz Kitchen pic makes me want to cry

There's no allergy menu on the Disney Dining page, but it does appear that the new menu has fewer entree options that might be adjusted for gluten free.

Oh well, it wasn't a 'must do' anyway.

Ordinary Adventures on Youtube just posted a video the other day with glowing reviews of the new menu. It's still associated with Ralph Brennan, and he was even in their video. Yes, I'm still really bummed about the new decor, but we have reservations for our trip in July and we're definitely looking forward to trying to the food.
Some of the menu did look the same (even tho the Mac and cheese is not all the same ingredients it still looked the same fo the most part).

It looks like the primary focus was to increase the number of tables/seating? We used to love to get dinner in there and stayed for drinks/desert if there was live music.
When we walked by it looked like less seating. But that might be because before the renovations it always seemed packed. This time every time we passed by it was almost empty.

I feel like they are losing sight of the “theme” part of a theme park. I’m trying to find somewhere fun to eat on our arriva day and it looks like trader Sam’s or Goofy’s are the only interesting places to go. Sam’s will probably be impossible to get a reservation for and Goofy’s is a bit too “little kid” for us. Kind of a shame that so many restaurants in DTD are just like the boring regular restaurants we can go to at home.

Last edited:
I feel like they are losing sight of the “theme” part of a theme park. I’m trying to find somewhere fun to eat on our arriva day and it looks like trader Sam’s or Goofy’s are the only interesting places to go. Sam’s will probably be impossible to get a reservation for and Goofy’s is a bit too “little kid” for us. Kind of a shame that so many restaurants in DTD are just like the boring regular restaurants we can go to at home.
Hearthstone Lounge and the pool restaurant (Craftsman Grill?) at GCH are nice options. I also really like Ballast Point--it has an upstairs outdoor terrace that overlooks DTD.

I just made reservations for July 16th. Hoping it turns out better than I think. It does look so ordinary.
There was another report that the food was really good. I would never eat there because I don’t want to support the reduction of theming. Especially with ESPN Zone, Rainforest Cafe, and now Jazz Kitchen. I will still get beignets though unfortunately. Lol

There was another report that the food was really good. I would never eat there because I don’t want to support the reduction of theming. Especially with ESPN Zone, Rainforest Cafe, and now Jazz Kitchen. I will still get beignets though unfortunately. Lol
I feel similarly (I am still bitter over ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe)...but, it would be almost criminal to pass up on those beignets!

Absolutely criminal to pass on the beignets!

Especially the bananas foster ones omg

We dined here on Tuesday for lunch and the food was good. Service as well. Have no issues with the new outdoor seating area. Of course it’s now Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill so the new decor fits the name . We had the French Quarter Po Boy Dip and the Creole Crispy Chicken sandwich. Would definitely go back.

We dined here on Tuesday for lunch and the food was good. Service as well. Have no issues with the new outdoor seating area. Of course it’s now Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill so the new decor fits the name . We had the French Quarter Po Boy Dip and the Creole Crispy Chicken sandwich. Would definitely go back.
Happy to hear the outside was nice-probably the one good improvement (although we sat in what was the main area right when you walked in and the doors were open when we went last summer).

Happy to hear the food is still good!

I had a chance to see it in person and it didn't look as bad as I'd feared. However, I still really dislike the generic changes they're making in DTD as I'm not a big fan of homogeneous facades where they're going for sameness.

I'm still interested to hear more about the food and experience. I always loved the meals there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter