New Jaws?

rocketman23

<font color = green>Zamp in the Lamp<br><font colo
I read this on Theme Park Insider:

"Just thought I would comment that as an actor for this ride at Universal Orlando, they have now re-done The JAWS attraction. I must say that after trying to entertain the tourists in the same ride for about 5 years, IT GETS BORING, but now finaly they have handed out new scripts for the ride to us workers. (which is now shut down till August 2002) The new ride has alot more fire, and they have added 6 more mechanical sharks or "JAWS", which makes a total of 11 shark attacks through-out the new ride. The new design has very intense attacks, the tour boat catches on fire, gets chunks taken out of it, and the shark actually gets stuck on the back of the boat for a short period of time trying to chomp his way at the ride-goers. There is also a very impressive attack to start the ride off, where another group of tourist just ahead of your boat get their boat attacked and sunk by the shark, which i believe is suppost to give the impression that your boat too will be next to be sunk. I've only had some short run throughs of the ride with my boss, and staff and the water isnt re-filled in the attraction yet, but believe me this ride is very intense, and sure to frighten any age. The old ride had JAWS simply pop out of the water on the sides of your boat, this ride actually has the shark ram the boat. A must see once its finished."

It sounds like a lot of fun... but is it true? Earl?

This has to be bull, dont you think? Universal just couldn't afford to splash this amount of cash out as well as the Jimmy Neutron and Shrek, not to mention more interactive street shows. Then there' the possibility of a ride based on the scorpion king (urgghhh).:confused:

No one has said that the ride is shut down either...

That's about the biggest pile of hooey that I have heard in a long time. First, Jaws is not closed and will not be closed through the summer. The boat catches fire... never on purpose. I guess someone just wanted to see something they said get on the Internet. Six new sharks .. that's funny. Where would they go? For the shark you see, there's about four times that much real estate underwater to make the thing move. Another dead give away, a few short run through with his boss, but the water isn't in the ride. While the boats aren't realy boats in the true sense of things, it does require water to run.

The boat catches fire... never on purpose.
1grlaugh2.gif
1grlaugh2.gif
1grlaugh2.gif

This was quite incredible! I've seen kids darn near RELIEVE themselves onboard when the half burnt shark surfaced, they'd probably bail out if a shark was attached and chomping... at least I know I WOULD! :earseek:

Another reason I'm so grateful for Earll!!
icon14.gif

I rode Jaws with some kids. They must have been 4 or 5 years old. When Jaws first showed his fin, they started crying. Every time Jaws appeared, they'd cry. They were well behaved because they sat in their seats and did not spaz out! At the end, the skipper said, "Take them to Barney. Make them happy!" :)

I never thought of that... what if a kid did flip out on a boat and didn't stay so still???

rocket-
That's why the grenade launchers are loaded!
Jim

My 6 year old was a little upset after riding Jaws for the first time a few weekends ago. He was ok with the fire and all that. He just didn't like when the shark got shot. He kept yelling 'don't shoot!'. He loves animals and he has only been to Busch Gardens and Sea World in the past which didn't help. I really felt bad about the whole thing. I can't imagine this ride getting anymore intense especially for kids.

I,m not keen on the Jaws ride,it should be given a PG rating,as it,s really scarey,most people on it were laughing,but not me.

... has very intense attacks, the tour boat ... gets chunks taken out of it, and the shark actually gets stuck on the back of the boat for a short period of time trying to chomp his way at the ride-goers.

That sounds like Jaws circa 1990--when it worked.

Actually, there's probably some truth to that. The only problem was that the shark wasn't really suppose to hit the boat ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter