New internet packages

Alicatt

DIS Veteran
Good morning!

I see that the pricing for internet has increased. I also see that you still get a length of cruise discount and, if i'm reading this right, a multiple user discount. Do you still get the discount if you are on different plans? For example, DD and DS are on the stay connected plan but I want the Basic Surf. For a 5 day cruise would that be 16×5 +16x5 + 24x5=280 -32 ( 2 additional devices)=248. Does that make sense or do we all need to be on the same plan to get the device discount?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
we are on the wonder soon. I do not think the Disney wonder has been upgraded to this new internet plan?

Can’t comment specifically on the discount as we only usually register one device. That said, I do know you can switch devices, so if DW logs out, I can log in from my device and vice versa. Also, in the past i have used a travel router to share a single connection, which ultimately paid for itself.

There is a discount if you buy for two or more devices. It's not much.

When do you sign-up for an internet package? Before the cruise or once on-board?

Internet pricing

Stay Connected Package

• $16/day when purchased for the full voyage
  • $18/day when purchased for 24 hours
Basic Surf Package

• $24/day when purchased for the full voyage
  • $28/day when purchased for 24 hours
Premium Surf Package

• $34/day when purchased for the full voyage
  • $42/day when purchased for 24 hours

ETA that it has been confirmed that the Wonder has the new internet setup. -

1698359212880.png

Last edited:
We got the stay connected internet package on our 10 day Iceland cruise on the dream. We got it two days into the sailing for the rest of the cruise as the first day we were in port and could use our cell til sail away and had a port day to the next day where we could also use our cell. We ended up having 5 sea days so it came in handy. The full voyage discount still applies but it gets cheaper every day that goes by, this was a great tip our concierge host gave us.

We shared the one internet connection between all our devices. How that works is you have to login to access the internet so everyone in the family had the login information to use on their device. You could see if someone was already logged on and using it. There was also a button you could push that would disconnect the person connected so that you could use it. It worked great for us because none of us needed to be connected 24/7 but we could all check email or communicate with friends and family back home. My husband has a crazy high streak on duolingo and we was able tot keep it so he was happy. It worked great the old internet plan with the MB purchase levels was terrible.

We got the stay connected internet package on our 10 day Iceland cruise on the dream. We got it two days into the sailing for the rest of the cruise as the first day we were in port and could use our cell til sail away and had a port day to the next day where we could also use our cell. We ended up having 5 sea days so it came in handy. The full voyage discount still applies but it gets cheaper every day that goes by, this was a great tip our concierge host gave us.

We shared the one internet connection between all our devices. How that works is you have to login to access the internet so everyone in the family had the login information to use on their device. You could see if someone was already logged on and using it. There was also a button you could push that would disconnect the person connected so that you could use it. It worked great for us because none of us needed to be connected 24/7 but we could all check email or communicate with friends and family back home. My husband has a crazy high streak on duolingo and we was able tot keep it so he was happy. It worked great the old internet plan with the MB purchase levels was terrible.

This is very helpful info! What level package did you get?

Can anyone tell me if you can make wifi calls and or use Snapchat with the lowest plan?

Can anyone tell me if you can make wifi calls and or use Snapchat with the lowest plan?
Sort of. Snapchat-yes, wifi calls-no (looks like you'd need (Basic Surf for that).

Stay Connected​

Stay connected on social media with our most affordable internet plan. With this plan, you can:

• Post text and pictures on popular websites and applications like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Linkedln and Tumblr
The Stay Connected plan does not support surfing the web, accessing email or video streaming

Basic Surf​

Enjoy all the benefits of the Stay Connected plan – plus, full web access. With this plan, you can:

• Surf the web, read the news, check the weather and visit your other favorite websites
  • Send and receive emails
  • Post text and pictures on popular websites and applications like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Linkedln and Tumblr
  • Make audio calls
The Basic Surf plan does not support long-form video streaming platforms such as Netfilx and Hulu.

Premium Surf​

Experience faster connection speeds and access to music platforms such as Pandora, Spotify and Apple Music – plus, all the benefits of the Basic Surf plan. With this plan, you can:

• Enjoy faster connection speeds
  • Make video phone calls on platforms FaceTime, Zoom and more
  • Listen to your favorite music streaming platforms like Pandora, Spotify and Apple Music
  • View short-form on platforms like YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok
  • Surf the web, read the news, check the weather and visit your other favorite websites
The Premium Surf plan does not support long-form video streaming platforms such as Netfilx and Hulu.

Sort of. Snapchat-yes, wifi calls-no (looks like you'd need (Basic Surf for that).

Stay Connected​

Stay connected on social media with our most affordable internet plan. With this plan, you can:

The Stay Connected plan does not support surfing the web, accessing email or video streaming

Basic Surf​

Enjoy all the benefits of the Stay Connected plan – plus, full web access. With this plan, you can:

• Make audio calls
The Basic Surf plan does not support long-form video streaming platforms such as Netfilx and Hulu.

Premium Surf​

Experience faster connection speeds and access to music platforms such as Pandora, Spotify and Apple Music – plus, all the benefits of the Basic Surf plan. With this plan, you can:

• Enjoy faster connection speeds
  • Make video phone calls on platforms FaceTime, Zoom and more
  • Listen to your favorite music streaming platforms like Pandora, Spotify and Apple Music
  • View short-form on platforms like YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok
The Premium Surf plan does not support long-form video streaming platforms such as Netfilx and Hulu.
I did want speak to long form video platforms. I was able to watch live baseball on the tbs website without an issue and paramount plus worked just fine. They may just have filters on Netflix.

I used the Basic Surfing plan on the Magic last year and it wasn't very fast. I wasn't able to stream video reliably at all. My wife plays some mobile games and she frequently complained about very long loading screens and frequently losing her connection to the game entirely. So... basic surfing is basic. You might get lucky, but I would upgrade if you plan to stream video or use video calling programs.

Anyway, you can use a VPN to bypass Disney's website filters.

I used the Basic Surfing plan on the Magic last year and it wasn't very fast. I wasn't able to stream video reliably at all. My wife plays some mobile games and she frequently complained about very long loading screens and frequently losing her connection to the game entirely. So... basic surfing is basic. You might get lucky, but I would upgrade if you plan to stream video or use video calling programs.

Anyway, you can use a VPN to bypass Disney's website filters.
Some websites are non compatible with vpns, such as Disney+ and Ticketmaster to name a few. But my vpn did work on the Magic a few weeks ago. I had a the basic surf package for my phone and the premium surf package for my laptop. Other than having to turn WiFi off and back on a handful of times to make phone calls over WiFi (I’m guessing we moved between satellites and the connection on my phone didn’t fill make the jump to be able to make phone calls without reconnecting), the internet worked pretty well for the entirety of the wbpc. I think there was one day where for about 15/20 minutes there were some connection issues but other than that the internet worked great.

Can anyone tell me if Zoom video calls worked for them (on highest - premium plan)? I need to do this daily on the Fantasy and I'm concerned about whether or not it works.

Just a word of caution, we got the Premium package on our British Isles cruise in September so that my husband could check emails for work. Since he had to use the VPN to get to his work email, he was not able. After checking with the main desk we were told that many times the satellite on the boat was not compatible with the VPN, and he wasn't able to sign into his work email. (At first he was really frantic, but it turned out nicely in the end, because he said it was great not to be seeing what was transpiring, or not transpiring, while he vacationed.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter