New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

We were able to get ILL for Tron during the Halloween party. There is also a VQ.
I have heard reports of people getting a Tron ILL for after 4pm with a Halloween party ticket. I believe the time slots are from 4-6pm. I haven't personally tried but this is from past reports here on the Dis.

The party has the 6pm VQ drop for Tron so they can try for that one.

Good to hear!!

Yep. Obviously I should have done more research. Assuming Disney would take on that expense for a superior customer experience is something no one should expect anymore.
I just don't think the numbers of people at the party using it were worth keeping it open another 3-4 hours with minimal usage for most of that time. Waste of money. Having buses for all resorts in that small window make the most sense, and until a few years ago bus was their only option too.

Was the Skyliner not running because of the rain or does it shutdown at a certain time and that wasn’t extended for the party? We got a room at Pop Century specifically to be able to Skyliner back to the resort after the party.
It just ran for normal operating hours, which means it only runs for 90 minutes after the park closes to regular guests. I wish Disney had been a little more blunt in including that in their party information because we wrongly assumed it would be open for the party. We normally stay at Pop anyway so it wasn't a huge swing in our decision of where to stay, but if I knew it wasn't going to be running after the party, I might have saved a few bucks and stayed at All-Stars - or spent a few more bucks and stayed at a moderate. The second one is more likely. lol

It just ran for normal operating hours, which means it only runs for 90 minutes after the park closes to regular guests. I wish Disney had been a little more blunt in including that in their party information because we wrongly assumed it would be open for the party. We normally stay at Pop anyway so it wasn't a huge swing in our decision of where to stay, but if I knew it wasn't going to be running after the party, I might have saved a few bucks and stayed at All-Stars - or spent a few more bucks and stayed at a moderate. The second one is more likely. lol
That's exactly it. We aren't doing Disney this trip other than this party so we booked a discounted room at Pop just for this night to have the convenience of hopping the Skyliner back to the resort after the party. Had we known this we would have been making the same decision as you. Save a few bucks and stay at All-Stars or spend $50 more and stay at CSR which we love.

That's exactly it. We aren't doing Disney this trip other than this party so we booked a discounted room at Pop just for this night to have the convenience of hopping the Skyliner back to the resort after the party. Had we known this we would have been making the same decision as you. Save a few bucks and stay at All-Stars or spend $50 more and stay at CSR which we love.
We were mostly there for MVMCP Friday night and Jollywood Saturday night.
Maybe you can change your resort?
Let me tell you, when I was walking the very long walk to the Pop bus stop (#40, so the very last one) I wished I was staying anywhere but Pop this time.

We were mostly there for MVMCP Friday night and Jollywood Saturday night.
Maybe you can change your resort?
Let me tell you, when I was walking the very long walk to the Pop bus stop (#40, so the very last one) I wished I was staying anywhere but Pop this time.
I booked the room right when the big discounts came out. It was $189 tax paid for pool view room. I doubt they would honor any discounts to change so probably have to stick with it.

I booked the room right when the big discounts came out. It was $189 tax paid for pool view room. I doubt they would honor any discounts to change so probably have to stick with it.
Pack a drink and a snack for the walk. ;)
Seriously - I do hope you enjoy the party. From a ride perspective, it was great. We got to ride everything except Rise, which we weren't interested in.

We did Mickey Very Merry Christmas party last week . It was great but some rides were busy. We went to all the cookie places.Watched first parade, Castle shows and fireworks . Even second parade was busy, I thought it was busier than last year 2022. We bought a snack at Main Street Bakery on our way out.
Also did Jollywood party. The rides are great and got Rise of the resistance.The show with the muppets was great. Line ups for food and drinks was terrible. We got 1 drink near midnight. There were not enough staff working in my opinion. We managed to get tater tots and Christmas tree cookie near marketplace.We stayed for Jingle Jam but was raining and not so entertaining.

Reactions: shh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter