New here and not a good cook! Suggestions for turkey and ham dinners?

Kallison

<font color=red>I'm a lab adorer<br><font color=na
So I'm ordering the meat from Heavenly Ham just to be safe! Any suggestions for what to serve with a turkey and ham dinner?

You're up there in Bucks County where they have all the good Pa. Dutch food. I don't know what it's called but they make this warm sour salad dressing, yummmm. There is also a sort of dressing or stuffing, but it is call something else. Oh yes, and the potato and macaroni salads are wonderful. When we would make our annual outlet trip, we would stop at Shillings for dinner. I always looked forward to that part of the trip.

chessie

We like Scalloped Potatoes with ham. Just peel & slice potatoes. Layer them in a greased/sprayed/no stick pan with a little salt, pepper & flour. Make about 3 layers. My mother used to add "dots" of butter to each layer, but I don't - to reduce the fat. Mix a can of cheddar cheese soup with a can of milk & pour over the whole thing. Sometimes I add more milk if I think it needs it - there needs to be enough liquid so that the flour gets absorbed to make a sauce, not just sit there. Cover & bake at 350 for ~1 hour.

With both ham & turkey, we like green bean casserole & corn pudding. Since May (when we went to AKL & ate at Boma's) we like FuFu with both, also.

I'm not sure which dressing chessie was talking about, but my favorite is hot bacon dressing - over lettuce, endive or dandelion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter