• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

New Hand Sanitizers In DL

iKristin

88 MPH
okay, first off...$8.95 for a little hand sanitizer with the adorable different carriers for them. I bought one because it was so cute. Let me just say that if you buy this, just empty it out and put your own type in there because it smells HORRIBLE. Like straight up alcohol. I'm gonna dump the junk in it and replace it with something that at least smells good. I was hoping that for $8.95 I would get something that at least smelt decent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 110
Call me crazy, but I care more about whether a hand sanitizer works properly than if it smells good. And if it consists primarily of alcohol, as it should, the smell should go away once it dries.

I'm not a hand sanitizer fan (my hands don't feel clean if I just use sanitizer - must wash with soap and water), but I have to admit those are really cute. If I used sanitizer I would buy one.

I think I noticed some of those when we went back in December, but I didn't buy one. They're cute, anyway.

I have lots of the great smelling and great working Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer. Thanks for the head's up on these cases iKristin :yay:

They are awfully cute and I would love to have Sleeping Beauty Castle on my sanitizer cover, but $8.95 seems pretty steep to me, even for Disney. It will be hard for me to justify the cost when I get great smelling $1.75 (cheaper on sale) Bath & Body Works sanitizers and have a couple of their simple 50 cent holders. Also not sure if I feel like cleaning out and refilling Disney's bottle with my B&BW all the time. Too bad there can't be some kind of universal standard when it comes to hand sanitizer bottle size and shape.

that's cute, do you have pictures of the other ones??
NHS6486492-613x563.jpg

They're super cute!! I saw them when we were there in June. Didn't buy any though, and now I'm sad I didn't.

I always carry a sanitizer with me. Hanging off my Disney purse ;) I might need one.
Do the Bath and Body Works one fit?

I think I noticed some of those when we went back in December, but I didn't buy one. They're cute, anyway.

They're brand new - just came out a couple weeks ago. I picked up 2, and as a health care worker I have already gone through both but have refilled with more hand sanitizer. I didn't think it smelled bad at all, FWIW

I always carry a sanitizer with me. Hanging off my Disney purse ;) I might need one.
Do the Bath and Body Works one fit?

B&BW are somewhat trapezoid-shaped with square edges, these seem to be more like an oval cylinder from the photos of the bottles that go inside. They might fit, but they'd be loose I think, they wouldn't fill the whole space. You could always just refill the original bottle with B&BW :)

Hand sanitizer is a waste. Wash your hands in the bathroom when you need to. Also, you need to be exposed to bacteria to build up a tolerance/immunity.

Disneyland is really not the place to build up your immunity considering it's a cesspool of people from all over the world, many of whom may be carrying all kinds of diseases or illnesses. Build up your immunity at the local park, maybe a mall. You don't start off at somewhere like that. Remember the measles thing earlier this year?

I agree with always washing your hands as much as possible with real soap and water, but I think sanitizer has its' uses between bathroom visits.

Also perhaps chin up a little, every post I've seen of yours is negative and angry. We're talking about the happiest place on earth, there's no need for being a downer!

B&BW are somewhat trapezoid-shaped with square edges, these seem to be more like an oval cylinder from the photos of the bottles that go inside. They might fit, but they'd be loose I think, they wouldn't fill the whole space. You could always just refill the original bottle with B&BW :)

Disneyland is really not the place to build up your immunity considering it's a cesspool of people from all over the world, many of whom may be carrying all kinds of diseases or illnesses. Build up your immunity at the local park, maybe a mall. You don't start off at somewhere like that. Remember the measles thing earlier this year?

I agree with always washing your hands as much as possible with real soap and water, but I think sanitizer has its' uses between bathroom visits.

Also perhaps chin up a little, every post I've seen of yours is negative and angry. We're talking about the happiest place on earth, there's no need for being a downer!
Yes, I was there that week but I was vaccinated so I'm good. Regardless of your "cess pool" analysis, Purell really won't help.

Oh no, those are too cute! Now I may have to get the castle one too! I don't actually like the good smelling ones anyway because then I smell it while I'm eating and I don't like that. I always buy "regular".
About hand washing- I do that too. I do both when I'm out. I wash my hands but then right before I eat, I'll use the hand sanitizer because I probably just touched the menu, the salt shaker, or whatever. We just got back from a cruise. Before using the buffet, I washed my hands. However, I then have to touch all the serving tongs. So I would use my hand sanitizer to clean my hands one more time before eating. I'm not going to leave my food on the table and leave the area to wash my hands in the bathroom. As a preschool teacher I have plenty of "opportunities" to build up my immunity everyday. On vacation my goal is to not get sick.

Hand washing with soap and water is always the best option, however having said that, if you think that hand sanitizers don't work or are not effective then you are wrong.

This is not the place to start a discussion on hand hygiene and I am not wanting to start a flame war but when used correctly hand sanitizers are effective when hand washing is not a option.

They're brand new - just came out a couple weeks ago. I picked up 2, and as a health care worker I have already gone through both but have refilled with more hand sanitizer. I didn't think it smelled bad at all, FWIW

Really?

Did they have a different kind before this or am I thinking of something else that was similar?

Hand washing with soap and water is always the best option, however having said that, if you think that hand sanitizers don't work or are not effective then you are wrong.

This is not the place to start a discussion on hand hygiene and I am not wanting to start a flame war but when used correctly hand sanitizers are effective when hand washing is not a option.

Heck, it's better than doing nothing if washing your hands isn't an option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter