New free water policy in parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had no problem finding the cups of water in the parks. We all carried refillable water bottles and just got in the habit of asking for cups of water whenever we mobile ordered anything to top them off. If we needed some in between we just looked for the outdoor locations that have a soda fountain (not the small carts just selling bottled beverages ).

One tip I learned from Molly from All Ear’s: Starbucks will give you really large glasses of water if you ask for them specifically. One particularly hot day at DHS nearly every table outside of there was taken up by folks gulping down large cups of water - us included.

Are the carts that sold bottled water still plentiful in the parks? I read they are not. You can bring water but 1 bottle is not going to help you and you can’t use the soda machines for it like before. ...so even the free stuff is getting hard to come by.
They are still plenty of them around.

I would not have expected this at all to be controversial. I never had trouble getting cups of water at the outdoor dining walk up counters, and it seems common sense to do so rather than going inside in the current environment.
This! There just isn't enough space inside QS with the distancing in place to accommodate those mobile ordering and those who want a free cup of water. But, you can still go to those select outdoor QS places and get a cup of water.

Also, you can mobile order something from a QS and then get the water when you pick up your order. For example, we are a family of 4. We would order 2 Powerades (less than $10) and that allows us inside and then we can also get 4 cups of water. That kept us hydrated all afternoon.

IDK why but the mobile ordering part of my phone kept freezing and I could not use it. I unistalled and reinstalled it TWICE at the CMs suggestion-I turned off wifi and their suggestion-nope -kept freezing.

The Roaring Fork CM said she would take my order at the register. I also ordered at the register at Flame Tree (which was great since I have TIW for 20% discount) twice, we ordered at the register at all the Starbucks, and at Backlot Express.

My daughter was able to mobile order at Backlot Express and Flametree. She just ordered the cupcakes.

I understand their reasoning for the mobile ordering, but I still see clusters of people waiting around for their orders.

My daughter is a TIW cardholder also, and she did not see where to put that in for the discount at FlameTree. It was only a cupcake though. It has "where's my discount" but I have no idea on how to add it.

side note: Those ham and cheese croissants (not the ones with the egg) are pretty good for only $5. If the dining plan returns one of those and a Dragon Fruit Lemonade Refresher would be excellent uses of snack credits.

What floors me (and I’m being serious) is people paying for water at the parks. I refuse.

That's fine, but I figure each to his own. I would use the fountains and have in the past, but the water often starts tasting bad to me, even in my insulated water bottle. The fillers are a little better. However, in July, I saw teens licking the dispensing part of the fillers and fountains, so I got a bit turned off right now. I have gotten water cups from QS before, but I have also gotten some really nasty water there. Some has tasted like a lake was turning over, ie dirt and rot, and some has tasted like mildew, probably due to a poorly maintained dispenser. Sometimes, it's just easier to get bottled and know that I will be willing to drink it. I need to drink a lot of water due to colon issues and allergies. If I am remotely put off from drinking the water, then I could end up in bad shape healthwise. Paying for water is cheaper than a hospital visit for me. We buy large waters from the grocery store when we arrive and fill our bottles with that in the morning and whenever we are in the room. I hate wasting plastic if I can help it. I absolutely won't drink the hotel tap water unless I am desperate.

That's fine, but I figure each to his own. I would use the fountains and have in the past, but the water often starts tasting bad to me, even in my insulated water bottle. The fillers are a little better. However, in July, I saw teens licking the dispensing part of the fillers and fountains, so I got a bit turned off right now. I have gotten water cups from QS before, but I have also gotten some really nasty water there. Some has tasted like a lake was turning over, ie dirt and rot, and some has tasted like mildew, probably due to a poorly maintained dispenser. Sometimes, it's just easier to get bottled and know that I will be willing to drink it. I need to drink a lot of water due to colon issues and allergies. If I am remotely put off from drinking the water, then I could end up in bad shape healthwise. Paying for water is cheaper than a hospital visit for me. We buy large waters from the grocery store when we arrive and fill our bottles with that in the morning and whenever we are in the room. I hate wasting plastic if I can help it. I absolutely won't drink the hotel tap water unless I am desperate.

I'm only 42, so I'm not a crotchety old man, but what has happened to today's youth... licking water fountains. There needs to be better parenting. And you can't blame it on socioeconomic status. A Disney visit is not cheap. It's simply ignorance. I was a kid once, and I would have never even THOUGHT to do something like that. It's a matter of respect and being a good person.

Then purchase a damn bottle of water. If your in a theme park you should be able to afford a bottle of water.

The only thing that bothers me about it is that it's just another example of what Disney used to give away for free that now they might charge for. For example, remember when the Land greenhouse tour was free? It was until about 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter